Log out here, Log in there

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Flatchy, Apr 26, 2022.

1. Flatchy Court Jester

I ALWAYS log out in the neighborhood GH. Lots of times when I log back in I am in one of the feydarks. Is there anything I can do to avoid this?

Do others have this happening to them? ( I spect its yes because I have 4 accounts and its happened on others. )
    Ileasa, Fenthen and Ranger Dave like this.
  2. Velisaris_MS Augur

If you camp out in a dynamic zone and it shuts down before you log back in, the game will sometimes freak out and zone you to a (relative) safe spot the next time you log in. For most people, this spot is the entrance to the last LDoN adventure you did. For others, it seems to be a completely random spot.

I don't think it's really a bug. It's just they way the game works. My toons always end up outside an Everfost LDoN when it happens.
  3. Angahran Augur

Yes, and it's really annoying.
    My poor tradeskill frog keeps getting sent to Nektolous Forest!
  4. Herf Augur

It's if you're not keyed, and camp out in a dynamic zone.
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Keyed for what?
  6. Windance Augur

Your guild hall is a dynamic zone.

If there is no one in the guild hall for a certain amount of time it will poof.

Then when you log in the game says you were in the guild hall but since its not currently available, the game sends you off to one of the LDoN base zones.

Your options are:
    1 - Log out in guild lobby
    2 - Keep one (or more) characters AFK in your guild hall so it doesn't spin down.
  7. Flatchy Court Jester

I would like to be reimbursed for the gate potions I have to use for this inconvenience, thank you!
    I think 20 or so Krono should just about cover it!
    Stymie likes this.
  8. Angahran Augur

Which is insane, especially if the character has never done a single LDoN.

If the zone is down, send to somewhere at least close, e.g. PoK, or the lobby, not some random zone half a world away.
    Ileasa, Stymie and Fenthen like this.
  9. Angahran Augur

Here's an idea, when a character is logging in, if the zone they logged out in isn't available then start up an instance of that zone.

The game does that if you try zoning into your neighborhood and there is no instance currently running.
    Bernel and Stymie like this.
  10. Lingum Elder

This is still occurring as I found it on my search for similar issues before posting a new thread.

I sometimes camp out in my modest guild hall and when I log in, it says I am located in the modest guild hall on the char select screen. When I select the character and actually load in, I end up sitting outside of the last instance I entered with the character. Tonight was the third time it has happened. At least the Arx Mentis instance location is safe as is Fear Itself....some others might not be.
    Fenthen likes this.
  11. Nennius Curmudgeon

12. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

daily

as of late they just flat out deny zone requests to individual players if the zone isn't up. I have posted about this before. I have gotten Explore /acjievement spam for places like Halas when trying to log in a character camped in Sunrise Hills. I have anchors error (but get burnt timer anyway)

Similarly I have had 13 minutes of a 27 minute DS wear off awaiting an beza instanced mission.

They seem to have choked how many instances can be spun up and are basically denying sinlge player access vs having to zone 4x to get to where you camped out, so 4 zone times, Everfrost, PoK, lobby, neighborhood. Definitely a more efficient system, trading one zoneline for 4. /eyeroll
    Ileasa and Fenthen like this.
  13. Fenthen aka Rath

I've been punted outside a LDoN instance several times the past two weeks. Maybe move folks to the Guild Lobby instead?
    Ileasa, Joules_Bianchi and Stymie like this.
  14. Lingum Elder

I had the same thing happen after my posting. I logged in a friend's ranger for some tracking assistance and it said he was camped in my guild hall. Upon load-in, he was sitting outside of the NRO LDON instance.

Again, at least a relatively safe spot, but could be troublesome depending on the instance. Especially if logging in and walking away waiting for load-in.
  15. Loup Garou De loop de loop

Uh, how about you logged in and saw your friends ranger blah blah ....cause your not supposed to share accounts:oops:
  16. Fenthen aka Rath

I logged one of my characters into Upper Guk this past week. I haven't been there in probably 3-4 years.

Why can't characters be kicked to the Guild Lobby instead of a random LDoN entrance?
    Ileasa likes this.
  17. Soulbanshee Augur

Because LDoN was first introducing instances and they needed a safety for logging into an instance that didn't exist. On TLPs that launch LDoN, POK/GL don't exist, so the behavior has to stay the same across all servers.
  18. Fenthen aka Rath

So then make it PoK.
    And upper guk is not necessarily a safe spot to drop players.