Fixed Internally Crash to desktop doing Thuliasaur quests

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Spacemonkey555, Sep 29, 2021.

1. Spacemonkey555 Augur

Tending to the temple, fill the bucket step (and the refill)
    Fill the water bucket with purified temple water 0/1 (Thuliasaur Island)
    Dirty work (the fourth mess pickup, and emptying in the water step)
    Sweep up some of the molerat mess 0/1 (Thuliasaur Island)
    Dump the contents of the bucket in the Kromtus fishing cove 0/1 (Thuliasaur Island)

Happened to me on 2 computers, happened to team as well, not every time on all 5 characters, but probably 60-70% of those actions caused crash to desktop.
    Horse, FrozenWater, Torin and 2 others like this.
  2. Thunderkiks Augur

Same here. I have been running some of my characters through old stuff to get the hero AA's all maxed. I did some before the September patch and all worked fine with no crashes. Then I did some more after the patch and they would crash on some of the tasks.

I had issues with Dirty work:
    Sweep up some of the molerat mess 0/1 (Thuliasaur Island)
    the 4th pile which would update the step would crash my characters.

Dirty work:
    Dump the contents of the bucket in the Kromtus fishing cove 0/1 (Thuliasaur Island)
    emptying the bucket in the water would crash them

Bloodfeather Weapon supplies:
    Cut down some wood near the Tyrannosaurus' den 0/3 (Thuliasaur Island)
    Would crash on the 3rd click which would update the task

Aiding the Ailing
    Sedate and inoculate a drogmor 0/1 (Thuliasaur Island)
    Clicking the potion on the drogmor would crash them
    Every task would update so it dint hinder getting the stuff done but was very annoying. Not sure what changed. I was running 3 chars all on different computers as well.
  3. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Are you doing these one character at a time or at the same time?

I crashed to desktop when I tried having more than 1 character do the tasks while 3 boxing, when I did the tasks one character at a time, before the next character began I did not crash to desktop.

That was on a Truebox server.
  4. Thunderkiks Augur

For me I was boxing 3 characters all on their own computers, one at a time. This in particular was on a live server (Povar). I do truebox, no software
    Skuz likes this.
  5. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Playing on a Live server rules out a Truebox-Code induced CTD at least.
    Thunderkiks likes this.
  6. Thunderkiks Augur

Yeah and its not like a truebox crash either. You have to boot the character
  7. Torin New Member

I just experienced this bug with the Dirty Work task as well. My wife and I ran the tasks together(4 box on one computer, 2 on my wifes) and on the steps listed above we crashed exactly as described. So definitely still happening. This was on Drinal btw.
  8. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Tonight, I have consistently crashed to desktop 3 times while doing Thuliasaur Island Quests on very specific steps.
    While doing Bloodfeather Weapon Supplies , EQ crashed straight to desktop when doing the 3rd update for "Cut down some wood near the Tyrannosaurus' den," and identically when doing Dirty Work the 4th update of the "Sweep up some of the molerat mess" step as well as the "Dump the contents of the bucket in the Kromtus fishing cove" I instantly crashed straight to desktop. When I logged back in those steps had been completed and the items being clicked had disappeared (as I assumed was intended regarding those clicky items being gone). I'm not sure if this is known or new, but I don't recall hearing about it before.

Are there any other quests which use items which are not expendable and have unlimited clickies but after that step is completed they are destroyed? Are those quests causing EQ to crash to desktop?
    Thunderkiks and Sirene_Fippy like this.
  9. Thunderkiks Augur

10. Horse Journeyman

Can confirm crash to desktop on Bristlebane as well doing the quests listed above.
    Makes it very annoying trying to compete the parrot aug quests :mad:
    - Single toon doing the quest
    - not boxing
    - no other EQ related SW running
  11. Ratalthor Developer

Is this issue still affecting anyone?
  12. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

With the travelling issues in ToL, I did these quests this week, no issues with crashing in Dinoasaur Land :) All completed and created the parrot.
    Spacemonkey555 likes this.