For Those Who've Encountered Suspensions

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Dirae, Apr 25, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dirae New Member

For starters, this isn't a post to cry about what happened, but I'm curious about what DB's timelines look like. I got an account hit on 4/18, around 1PM PST, by all accounts that should mean my 7 days is up. I've never encountered a suspension before so I'm not really sure how they mark 7 days. I just want to finish up my epic at some point, so I've been itching to get the account in question rolling again, if anyone can shed some light on that I'd appreciate it.
  2. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Wdor likes this.
  3. Dirae New Member

I will reach out to him. As I said, I’m not here to gripe about what happened, I don’t box anymore in any capacity so this is merely my lapse in judgement coming back to bite me from a few years ago.
    I ate the suspension without complaint. I just wish the timeline was a little clearer I suppose.
  4. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Only a member of the Customer Service team can assist you.

Players are not privy to your confidential account information.
  5. Tevik Augur

Seems to me if your 7 days started at 1 PM Pacific, you should have about 4 hours left.
  6. Dirae New Member

That's what I'm hoping!
  7. Iven the Lunatic

The best parts of the game cannot be automated fully which are quests and exploring new content. :) Botters are out for quick experience and loot. Experience is super easy to get but not for players that run alot toons and want to keep them updated.

I see the biggest issue in players that do finance their AllAccess accounts with botting. Without Krono this won't be possible so Krono are the main root for botting which does mean that botting got induced by DBG itself.
    • Farming loot -> Buying and selling Krono -> Financing AllAccess
    • Farming experience / PL
  8. Bardy McFly Augur

I would be concerned you got hit for something else. I can't possibly see them giving you a suspension suddenly in 2022 for something you did all the way back in 2019.
  9. Dirae New Member

I tried to ask them, but they wouldn't clarify. I know I used the I-S program on Rizlona, but I left there in Velious. I came back for mischief, no programs, left in Luclin, then came back about 1.5 months ago with still just one account and no programs. I went ahead and wiped the remnants of said program from my computer anyways. I also thought it was a bit odd, but it's the only thing I know I did and I'll admit to it.
    Wdor likes this.
  10. Galactron Journeyman

As an expert on this. It's exactly 7 days too the second. From the time of your ban to 168 hours later.
    Quatr, MacDubh, Fenthen and 3 others like this.
  11. Galactron Journeyman

They are going to have to decide. Either perma ban the entire Rizlona server or turn a blind eye and continue to make profit.
    Joules_Bianchi and Fenthen like this.
  12. Dirae New Member

Lol! Thanks mate, appreciate this :)
  13. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Disappointed that the OP wasn't this:

[IMG]
    Angahran likes this.
  14. Dirae New Member

My sarcasm meter is definitely broken these days.
  15. Elvenphox Lorekeeper

Trying extra hard for another derail and lock, huh? Right from the beginning?
    Endorek and Fenthen like this.
  16. Benito EQ player since 2001.

There were a few comments removed/deleted before mine.
  17. Elvenphox Lorekeeper

Okay, fair. I take it back.
    Benito likes this.
  18. Lurikeen Journeyman

Maybe you are right about krono, but I recall that botting gave an advantage to those farming plat back in the day. Has the currency simply changed from plat to krono? I suppose it doesn't really matter what the currency is. If there is anything at all tradeable in the game it will be of some value to somebody and thus will be used as currency. Point being, get rid of krono, plat will be the currency. Get rid of coin, then something else that can be traded will be of value. That's the way economies work and players will try to be as efficient as possible (maybe even bot) to get that currency.

Edit: Btw, I do get your point about payment for All Access with purchasable/tradeable krono being the driver. But, even before krono, folks were farming plat and selling it (still do) for cash to pay for the game and more.
    Joules_Bianchi likes this.
  19. Iven the Lunatic

Selling platinum pieces for cash is only possible outside of the game. Krono does make that much easier and secure for the masses and gave DBG the possibility to earn more revenue by running such a market by themselves. Krono can also be traded for cash just like platinum pieces but only Krono can get used to pay directly for AllAcess. Its is not possible with platinum pieces ingame. Not every platinum farmer does want to use dubious trading portals this is why Krono has a much bigger impact onto botting.
    Fenthen likes this.
  20. Wdor Thief, Assassin, Purveyor of Fine Poisons

I commend you for coming here and acknowledging it in a place that is linked to an account and monitored by Daybreak. Not like the shite show the Facebook EQ page is. Nothing but denial and crying. I know botters created the Ocean of Tears.
    Duder, Quatr, Skuz and 1 other person like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.