Fixed Spell Specialization Skills Reset to 49 Upon Zoning

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by BlueberryWerewolf, Apr 20, 2022.

1. Medya New Member

Also resetting upon zoning, 70 magician, Rizlona.
  2. Herf Augur

Yep this is ridiculous. I look forward to all the healers and casters running out of mana on the next time raid.

Just disgusting.
    Joules_Bianchi, Gehenna and Mortimus like this.
  3. Kezi New Member

70 Enc.
    Had to start raid about 30 min early to skill up specs in raid zone, and everything reset after zoning out after raid.
  4. Troutfest Augur

So I went and did the specialization quest with 4 toons, wiz chanter shaman cleric. after completing and reskilling up and seeing the new limits based on primary secondary tertiary I zoned. First zone no problem, all stayed as before next zone the wiz had the message about skills reset due to some too high and back at 49 of 240 on all. The other toons held so far but don't expect them to last after more zoning. Hopefully the fix can be pushed out soon.
    Thornblade all toons 65 except the chanter who was 46
  5. Kehleyr New Member

Yesterday and today, my specialization has been resetting randomly upon zoning. Not every time but often. I'm a level 65 enchanter on Mischief.
  6. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Im a bit surprised that they haven't done an emergency-patch yet. :confused:

I would guess this is a big deal to a lot of players...
  7. Mortimus New Member

So are we supposed to put in a ticket every time our skills reset? Or will there be an emergency patch to fix this?
  8. Velisaris_MS Augur

Considering that it's basically the weekend now, I wouldn't expect them do anything until Monday at the earliest. Since it's just annoying and not really game breaking, and doesn't benefit the players, I would bet they let it go until next month.
  9. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

With the other problems of see invis, not being able to do raids due to their changes to lockpick, it could be they want to do them all together. This looks like it will need a server down rather than a hotfix.

This brings to mind an old phrase "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".
  10. Velisaris_MS Augur

Look at what happened with the Overseer agent recovery bug after ToL launch. That bug was corrected with just a hotfix...they didn't even bring the servers down at all...and it STILL took them 2 months to do it.
  11. Gehenna New Member

54 Wizard on Thornblade
    JUst now gated to PoK after hitting 67 in spec. evocation....right back to 49. This is pretty lame losing progress that I assume was meant to help mana efficiency? This doesn't help.
  12. Rheda New Member

Can someone please post some response to all these posts please? Still having lots of issues regards this on Agnarr making raids a nightmare!!!
  13. Velisaris_MS Augur

See that "Fixed Internally" tag on the topic description? That's their response.

Now...when will this "fix" make it to the live servers? That's anybody's guess at this point, but I wouldn't count on it to be patched this weekend.
    Yinla likes this.
  14. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

and level 42 / 44 / 46 ranger and mage. Happening every time we zone for buffs.
  15. Yalaga New Member

Level 70 Shaman, Do not have the secondary specialization AA yet.
    Resets every time I zone. Aradune server
  16. Skitzodook New Member

Syonica, 65 Enc, Mischief
  17. Mahotsukaeru New Member

Resetting every time I use lesser evac. Pretty annoying; it's effectively trying to level without even having them.
  18. Ratalthor Developer

If this issue is still happening to you after the emergency update, please let us know.
  19. Kardinal Lorekeeper

When will the emergency update be?

EDIT: Ah :) Now.
    Nennius and CatsPaws like this.
  20. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

My three characters on AB are 70 now but thus far since servers came back up I have zoned 3 times since skilling my specializations back up and they have held like they should.