So when is this invis issue going to get fixed?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Veteran_BetaTester, Apr 25, 2022.

1. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

Not only the invis doesn't work anymore (Bards duel invis, Rogue SoS etc) but some mobs are no longer headshotable.
  2. zleski Augur

My bet is 03:30 on a Monday.
  3. Wdor Thief, Assassin, Purveyor of Fine Poisons

Those same mobs are not able to be assassinated either.
    Veteran_BetaTester likes this.
  4. Velisaris_MS Augur

So far, there's no idication that they consider the changes to invis/SoS to even be a bug. As far as we know, they're cool with it and won't do anything.

The headshot/backstab thing is because they changed/adjusted the bodytypes of a crapton of mobs. My guess is they're not gonna do anything about that either. There may have been some mobs here and there that they need to tweak, but I suspect the vast majority of changes are going to stay.
  5. Smokezz The Bane Crew

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...or-oversight-on-some-mob-type-changes.282268/

That would be an indication that they consider it a bug. It's not fixed internally (their dev environment) yet. It's likely a complicated thing to fix and there really should be an emergency patch to just roll back those changes until it can be fixed properly. At least on BB, those zones are now completely empty since the patch.

The headshot/assassinate changes, unfortunate as they are... are likely to remain as is. Did it really make sense to assassinate a book?
    Vumad and Joules_Bianchi like this.
  6. Nilwean Elder

Well, books do have spines...
    Herf, Silvena, Vumad and 3 others like this.
  7. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

If these things are all so "complicated to fix"

Why isn't there a folder for "Too complicated to keep changing 24 year old rulests"?
  8. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Who said anything about being too complicated to fix? It was just mentioned that it might not be something they can rush to fix and get pushed out.
  9. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

10. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Yes, someone said it was likely complicated and they should roll back until they get it fixed. But they also suggested that they could get it fixed though I don't see them doing a rollback at all and just work on getting it fixed.
  11. Malbro Augur

As I posted on the linked thread, it is confirmed as a bug but it isn't going to be fixed anytime soon if at all.
  12. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Seems like there nerfing headshot and made some mobs see through sos2 which isnt cool. Well least us wizards can port to shadow valley.
  13. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Why would they bother to mark it as confirmed if they are not going to fix it? They have tags for things they are not going to fix which they have not used.
  14. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

15. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Everyone needs to understand the Body Type Changes:
    -Each mob can have only one Body Type, many were changed.

This lead to these issues (include but may not be limited to):
    -Magic weapons being removed.
    -Disarm and Pickpocket changes.
    -Headshot target changes.
    -Undead changes.
    -See through Invis and/or IVU changes.
    -Creatures changed from 'animal' and no longer being affected by animal specific spells.
    -Assassinate target changes (Decapitate also?).

The body type changes were made for coding and performance benefit, not to benefit or harm players, and not to 'fix' any bug whatsoever.

You have to ask yourself, are they going to back away from the body type changes?

Are they going to create special case situations for Headshots, see invis, pickpocket etc etc? Or maybe is this something we'll have to live with?

*edit*
    Regarding the bug forum. "Confirmed" means they have confirmed the behavior described in the OP of the report. They may later decide it's a bug or not. Even if they decide it's a bug, they may decide not to fix it.
    Vumad and Wdor like this.
  16. Wdor Thief, Assassin, Purveyor of Fine Poisons

Just logged in after today's emergency patch. Took my rogue out to see if SoS would now work. I zoned in to ME only to find that my SoS now drops simply by moving. I didn't go any further and will test other zones when I can get ported to them for safety. I confirmed that it still works fine in places such as the guild hall. I suspect that it's only affected in the ToL zones that were just 'fixed.' I filed a bug report here and in game.

BE CAREFUL ROGUES!
    Greymantle likes this.
  17. Stephen51 Augur

From the patch notes
    "- The Shades of Luclin have had their ability to see through invisibility reduced in cases where the change to undead body types created unintentionally hostile environments."

From what I can see - where shades could see through Invis, IVU and SOS, now they only see through Invis. For zones like Ka Vethun and Bloodfalls, this still makes the environments "hostile".
  18. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Definitely not seeing this in SV or KaV. You sure you had sneak on as well as hide?
  19. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

The question is, with all the things broken or in the wings already to be done, why was this even a thing? The mob types were doing just for for 2 frickin decades and everyone knew the score. These sweeping game breaking changes aren't being asked for.
  20. Benito EQ player since 2001.

There's a segment of the population always groaning about how the game should be upgraded. Well, body type changes is one of the ways the game is improved on.