I'm never going to play past gates of discord

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Rothj, Apr 18, 2022.

1. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Way to force us onto your custom server. :p
    Best of luck to all who play on Vaniki I can't stomach the truebox non-sense anymore even if cheating is easy to bypass.
  2. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

haha

Truebox on the 2 new TLP is going to be relaxed and eventually get switched off after a while. :D
  3. Triconix Augur

Nobody is forcing you, or anybody, to do anything. But I'm sure you know that already
  4. Magician9001 Augur

GoD is a massive design shift in the game. Prior to GoD the only group content that is designed for raid geared toons are the Elemental Planes in PoP. After GoD the vast majority of group content is designed for raid geared toons.
  5. FranktheBank Augur

I think you're confusing GoDs imbalanced and botched release with a design shift. Even in 04, with no raid gear, I was leveling in MPG and RSS. I was running missions in DoDH.
  6. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

It is not.

The devs have always tried to dismiss this abject misinformation and there are many posts of them refuting this idiotic notion.

And I have done group content from GoD all the way to RoF with a 100% group-geared secondary boxed trio (Mage/Enchanter/Cleric/Warrior/Druid have been rotated in) so I can say this with 100% confidence, and I'm not even that good a boxer, I'm "okay skilled" at it not some boxing wunderkind, and if I can 3 box that stuff with group geared characters a real group can do it easily, way more easily than I did it.

There was a big Problem area in TBM due to scaling issues though.
  7. Oakenblade Former ForumQuest Champion

Yeah but the group content in TBM wasn't even initially designed for raid geared toons. It used to be way easier when it first launched. It wasn't until after they did the HA adjustment patch in response to those doing endless Gribble runs in DH that the HAs in TBM were broken.
    Skuz likes this.
  8. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

100% corect - posting about it reminded me I had not pestered the devs about that issue in a while so I made a new post about that. :)
    Barton likes this.
  9. Tweakfour17 Augur

might be worth a post in the bug forum instead?
  10. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

11. Magician9001 Augur

This just is just blatantly untrue.

RSS named can 1 round 100aa+ tanks in group gear. Some zones have kiteable stuff and DoN has some content that's reasonable to do w/o raid gear. But basically anything above WoS in OOW and anything above Tipt in GoD is just absolutely brutal if you aren't raid geared.

In Classic-SoL you can do all group content basically naked.

The game just becomes super raider oriented starting with PoP and becomes pretty much a raiding is mandatory game in GoD.
  12. Waring_McMarrin Augur

100AA+ tanks? That isn't much AA for Omens of War era, is that a typo or did you really mean that little AA? Not to mention AA count alone doesn't say much if it isn't spent correctly or they are not geared up correctly either.
  13. Magician9001 Augur

100 AA is the majority of defensive AAs. You're kinda making my point for me though. The barrier for entry into group content is just so absurdly high post GoD compared to pre-GoD. Like in SOL you'll tank Inner AC and Griegs fine as a 5 levels below the cap with 0 AAs and trash gear.
  14. Oakenblade Former ForumQuest Champion

You seem to be conflating having SOME investment in your character with being raid geared. It's possible to have a character with reasonable amount of group gear and AAs.
    Triconix and Skuz like this.
  15. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I question that you can get the majority of the defensive AA with such a low AA total.
    Skuz likes this.
  16. Xeris Augur

If you have 100aa, just go farm ldons until you gear up, then go to God zones? If you're not a raider, there's plenty of ways to decently gear yourself. Ldon point gear is roughly equal to elemental gear when aug'd, and you can get that without raiding.

If you're expecting to walk into big zones with cobalt armor at 65 or whatever, I feel like you're doomed to fail.
  17. Tweakfour17 Augur

Quick check on raidloot.com shows a warrior maxes out at 842aa in GoD. So 100aa is about 11%, quite low, especially since in a traditional tlp release cadence you're hitting GoD after 7-8 months (12 weeks luclin, 12 weeks pop, 4-8 ldon). That's 3aa a WEEK.
  18. Magician9001 Augur

How about you just accept reality for what it is. The barrier to entry for group content just is massively higher. There is no "Some investment" in your character in Classic SoL. You can do all content group content and start raiding with no real "investment" in your toon.
  19. Magician9001 Augur

100 AAs gets you max CS and CA it only takes another 40 or so to get the HP ones. The idea that you shouldn't be able to do group content without last expansions raid gear is a big part of why GOD kills a large part of the population every TLP.

Who's gonna farm LDoNs with you? You have any clue how much time it would take to farm good enough gear to enter RSS at 70?
    WTF are you smoking that makes you think KT and RSS are the "big zones"

You have 3 options if you late join a TLP past GOD.
    1) Have people you know carry you
    2) Pay to win
    3) Quit

The 3rd is the most popular option on most TLPs.
  20. Tweakfour17 Augur

This is true in any era once the low level crowd is gone. Let's not pretend those aren't your options in velious either.