Confirmed Agents assigned to the quest disappear and quest fails

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Grimlore_LOA2, Apr 21, 2022.

1. Grimlore_LOA2 New Member

After launching a quest with agents They Go AWOL during their mission
    Quest fails due to having no agents assigned to it. You cannot start quest with out agent{s}.
    [IMG] https://ibb.co/98WWWDL
    Yinla, Soulbanshee, Malbro and 21 others like this.
  2. Nilwean Elder

I've had this happen twice recently, including once tonight.
  3. Velisaris_MS Augur

Had this happen to one of my toons tonight...on 2 quests. Both ended up as Critical Failures...no agents showing. I think they were both Research tasks.
  4. Elyssanda Bardbrain

I had this happen also on one of my accounts.. critical failure, no agents
  5. Tallie Elder

Also happened to me this morning.
  6. fletchette New Member

happened to me multiple times. when i go to complete the mission its got no listing of the agents or anything, just failure.

one thing i did notice also is that when you first click the active quests tab you see the calculations if it failed or succeeded. i saw a brief number of 38% before it finished its math then failure. this is for a mission that had over 85% success rate when i started it.

something is not calculating correctly.
    Kialya likes this.
  7. tanith Augur

I can count on my fingers the number of failures I've had since Overseer started - doing it twice pretty much every day. Until today. 3 x fails (on the same acc, in the same collection period). Each was blank below the quest title - ie showing no agents. Could just be weird RNG, ofc, but.....
    cadres and fletchette like this.
  8. Elyssanda Bardbrain

Second time in a week, same character, never ever had this happen before. I started this quest last night before bed, 8 hours ago. 24 hour quest.
    [IMG]
    Andarriel likes this.
  9. Velisaris_MS Augur

At least they've confirmed this problem.

Getting it fixed...we'll see. Overseer seems to be a very low priority for them.
    Moege likes this.
  10. etv2k New Member

Today I actually had a quest where the agents had vanished but a successful completion. So, it does not always lead to fail, but that is probably 1 non-fail for 8 fails so far.
  11. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

My one account keeps failing recruit and its annoying all quest i do are around 88%+. yesterday i did my five accounts and three of them had failures. Before they gave us new agents and stuff i rarely ever failed but its a everyday thing now and it annoying especially when it keeps doing it on my recruit. Quests shows no agents and is very low percent then it quickly fails. Please pretty please fix this issue.
    xcitng likes this.
  12. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Whats a slap in the face when its a crit failure and you still gotta click complete quest total bs. This just happened to me.
  13. Scila Augur

I've had this happen on both accounts - today I can't confirm that is what happened on a 24-hour one it just poofed.
  14. Wulfhere Augur

This error has happened to 3 of my quests in the past week.

I'm leaving the dead task (Trade Secrets) in the list in case Devs want to examine it.

I have logged out to desktop but that doesn't recover the quest.

ps: stats say that all agents are accounted for and none are truly missing.
  15. Aanuvane Augur

This has been happening to me more frequently as of late - but what I am finding is... as many time as I start 5 quests and log back in to 4 quests - I'm starting with 5 quests and logging back into 6 quests. Today I noticed very specifically it was the exact one that earlier this morning was a failure with all the agents missing. It had reappeared in my overseer active quest list a hour or so later and it was successful.
  16. Velisaris_MS Augur

That's a bug that's been around almost since Overseer went live, and it's different from the topic of this thread. I frequently log in one of my accounts to 6/5, 7/5, or even 8/5 quests.
  17. Aanuvane Augur

I am aware and agree except that my point of bringing it up was that the exact quest that I had just "critically failed" with all the agents missing was the exact quest that reappeared in my list about an hour later.

I've upvoted that bug thread too :)
    Velisaris_MS likes this.
  18. Wulfhere Augur

Update: a quest failing in this way does not count in the stats page either. It's like it never happened.
  19. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

I have wondered if this could have something to do with time synchronization. I have 2 PCs on my desk on the same network and there is a 5 minute disparity in their clocks.
  20. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

[IMG]

I guess this rare recruit is gonna fail :( and what happened to my agents? There's also times were im adding agents to a quest and the % never moves. Any idea when this stuff will be fixed?