Changes to caster/priest Spell Specialization - confused

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Yinla, Apr 20, 2022.

1. Zalamyr Augur

I don't really care about that. What I refuse to accept, is this half-arsed development where it's ok that their fix to this was just reset everything and have us deal with the annoyance of re-setting them. Keep my specs the way they were set, adjust everything else down. Design and code the game like you're an actual professional.
  2. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Why make such a time consuming fix to a trivial issue?
    Yinla and Svann2 like this.
  3. Bigstomp Augur

Took my cleric 2 minutes to make sure I was setup properly for the 2 primaries. 3 more to make sure alteration was the correct primary.
    I agree, not ideal but to say it's hugely time consuming is an exaggeration for sure.

Actually likely less than 2 minutes for the first 2, just was careful not to get them incorrect as I didn't want to go run to reset things so was extra careful.
    Jumbur and Wyre Wintermute like this.
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

And If you didn't have the faction to do it? How long do you think it would take to fix that faction killing shadowmen? I was lucky I was only at apprehensive and it took 2. But there were others who were KOS.
  5. Beimeith Lord of the Game

That is the worst way to increase faction.

Give 3p to Rathmana Allin in South Ro to increase faction. Repeat as needed.
    Vumad and Wyre Wintermute like this.
  6. Velisaris_MS Augur

Or, they could just change the faction of ONE SINGLE FREAKING NPC in the whole game to be indifferent to everyone and the problem is solved.
    kookoo, Yinla, Fanra and 2 others like this.
  7. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Thinking on it further they should also place an npc in PoK who can do it so that people don't need to keep running to the temple of sol ro for this single quest.
    kookoo, Vumad and Metanis like this.
  8. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

Whaaaaaa? EverQuest players are not having fun in the immersion of the seedy underbelly of Temple of Solusek Ro politics and having to bribe its figureheads for assistance organizing their arcane powers? :confused:

From a mana bar half full perspective, sounds like they added a quest! :)
    Vumad and Petalonyx like this.
  9. Scila Augur

As somebody that plays majority caster/priests, this is annoying to have to run them to Ro every time something wigs out on a buffless, nakked toon because a lvl 1 spell does a double proc or incorrect proc and borks the lineup. And yep, happened again and running out to Ro. I'm all for putting the NPC neutral in PoK until they figure out what is going on - oh wait we'll all be reset by then /sarcasm off.
  10. Scila Augur

11. Jumbur Improved Familiar

It is not a new quest, it has always been there.
    Iirc they have made the following changes to the quest:
    • You don't have to bring him a ruby anymore.
    • The quest now sets your individual skill-levels to a value where it is no longer possible for another skill to "overtake" the chosen skills by accident. Rather than just setting everything to 49.
    • There is a wordy "popup" that warns you, that you have to finish the quest in one go.
    Except for the faction issue, I think it is a good solution.
  12. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

Giving me new reason to visit old content...mana bar half full! :)

Less bribey...demersifying...mana bar quarter full. :(
  13. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Depending on the server and your level, a ruby can be expensive. 125 plat is not cheap for everyone.
  14. Lawyer Augur

Just got burnt by this change today. Annoying.
  15. Petalonyx Augur

Anyone not reading patch notes (and even many who do) will likely be burned by this and end up with non-optimal specializations. That's thousands if not tens of thousands of players. Fortunately it sounds like not too much work to fix by doing the sol ro quest.
  16. Vumad Cape Wearer

Some please make sure this is correct...

We log in to all our specs at 190...

To lock them in, we have to take Spec 1 to 246
    and spec 2 to 196

Then we are good to continue playing however.

I can confirm that I started with Spec evoc to 196, then brought spec alt to 197, so the first to level up wont lock it in.
  17. Vumad Cape Wearer

So yes...

You log in at 190. You have to bring primary and secondary over 196 to lock them in. Then you have to bring primary to 246 to lock it in.

On my mage, Chaotic Calamity gave me 3 skill ups on Evoc (193) and 2 on alteration (192) on the first cast. So I summoned food to get conjure to 196. Then I used a spell that wouldn't get me alteration to get evoc to 196. Then I brought Evoc to 246.

After that, you can forget about it.

With no mistakes, it's about 5 minutes per character. For me, that's hopefully only 30 minutes with no mistakes.
    Petalonyx likes this.
  18. Cicelee Augur

One thought I had, instead of resetting to 190 they should have gone a little lower. Maybe 180 for all on reset. That way those who just log in like me and cast 3 evoc spells and get 6 spec alteration skill ups don't have to do the quest and instead can stop and figure things out before continuing.

And yes, I should have stopped after the first or second. But dropping it to 180 would have given more leeway for error and resulted in less people immersing themselves running through Lavastorm.
    Metanis likes this.
  19. Metanis Bad Company

Thank you sir, may I have another!
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  20. Windance Augur

I wish I had a good before and after but is it just me are the mana pools draining drastically faster?