Duplicate Gamma drops precipitously after exiting EQ

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Mukkul, Apr 20, 2022.

1. Mukkul Augur

I have my gamma set in game to about 42%. Because the game would be too dark otherwise.

When I have more than one account running on the PC, and exit EQ on one of them, the gamma reverts to 0% on the whole PC display, including any remaining logged in EQ accounts. This is a long-standing bug. In game, I could go in to Options > Display > Gamma and shift the slider slightly and the PC screen goes immediately back to correct gamma.

The problem after today's patch is that the drop in gamma to 0% gets way too dark -- much darker than before. Then after exiting EQ on all accounts, I don't know how to put my screen's gamma back to normal (other than reboot). I'm typing this in a very dark browser window right now. It should not be dropping my PC display's gamma that much when exiting EQ. It's much darker than before I started up EQ to begin with.
    Jondalar, Fopster, Emilari and 10 others like this.
  2. Fidden Lorekeeper

Schadenfreude likes this.
  3. bombyx Journeyman

I have this problem too. Once I switch to other windows and switch back to EQ(full display mode) the gamma will reset. I need reset by myself every times. I have 2 NB, only the one with AMD CPU has this problem. It work fine b4.
  4. kizant Augur

Yeah I have this happen too. I've got a 3070 and it's obvious when I /q from the game. Then I start EQ back up and get to the server select it fixes it. Then I can quit from there and everything is good.
  5. Eaiana Augur

6. Strumph Augur

Yeah I've had this issue for a long time. Another way to fix it is to enter full screen and then back to windowed.

But yeah now the new bug since patch is annoying!
  7. Genalo New Member

Sometimes you need to close the game fast. It needs to be fixed to be able to close the game clicking the "X" window too without affecting your system gamma.
  8. Ratalthor Developer