I'm never going to play past gates of discord

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Rothj, Apr 18, 2022.

1. Machen New Member

Have you ever actually played Luclin?
  2. markkk Lorekeeper

i have played every expansion up to rof then lost interest,i hate god but loved oow,used to love pissing off some guildies bye mispelling destroyer of worldds,i just love the new tlp because so many people are playing getting groups in commonlands at orc 1,2,3,running a druid through kitikor(cant remember how to spell it).camping drops for jboots,epics,helping out guildies,i love early eq.
  3. Overcast451 Augur

Yep, and you don't have to do Vex'thal or Ssra Temple, or Seru. Can if you want, but then you can hit Umbral and get some fairly decent gear as well. Or maybe just do Vex'Thal since that's where most of the goodies are, but you don't need Ssra for that or Seru for that.

Plenty to do in the expansion without those zones. Nice quest items too, like that Shield - whatever it's called. Then those armor quests, if you are in Era are ok for people that are still in like Classic gear or such.

What GoD content are you going to do without Tipt? None, really - then after that's, it's a singular path.

On the same note - what other path can one take in GoD? Maybe I missed it? :)
  4. Overcast451 Augur

I know a decent amount. I will admit I don't know much past GoD (Some dated OoW knowledge I guess) though and really don't desire to, to be frank. On Mischief I've already done Time and up to the last part of the GoD flagging for Txevu.

But why would it matter if I don't like that content anyway? Or don't desire to learn the 500 flagging runs that come with it all? Honestly; many people seem to agree with this concept making the TLP servers and restarting on them so popular.

Mostly I just get curious why people who like the original concept of EQ get so much hate from the people who like the live game so much. Not our fault the company made such a dramatic shift in the concept of the game.

Place I used to work another guy played EQ on Live.. soon as I told him I was a TLP player, I was like a Pariah.

But it doesn't matter - long as DBG is taking our cash for TLPs, we'll be there :)
  5. Machen New Member

You literally cannot do Vex`Thal without doing ssra. Emperor? Required for Vex Thal key.
  6. Overcast451 Augur

Yeah, that's right I was wrong there. But you don't need that at all to experience the vast majority of Luclin all the same. But you could do Seru alternately, he certainly drops some nice stuff.

Because.. I usually skip Vex'Thal during that Era. The Lucid Shard gathering is so meh.. lol
  7. FranktheBank Augur

It's not really "hate" about your enjoying different eras. I would guess it's about your poor reasoning why.

You have a preference on expansions you are comfortable with and have no desire to learn new things. That's fine. Stop acting like its a huge design shift from Luclin to Omens, its essentially the same and neither are anything at all even close to Live.
  8. Triconix Augur

Just to put it in perspective: Warriors don't get their first active aggro AA ability until...wait for it... SOF. It takes 14 expansions of content for warriors to basically get any additional button presses and the refresh of it is THREE minutes.

So all the people who claim that past GOD is just a simon-says button spamming bonanza are doing nothing more than talking out of a place the sun doesn't shine. It's the furthest thing from the truth, easily disproved, and yet thesefalsities spread like a bad smell from a rotting carcass.

Edit: I will agree that there are some eras that feel too linear and locking zones behind progression was too heavy-handed. However, there are also multiple eras past GoD that are basically open world concepts. TSS, for example, has zero zones locked behind progression. You are free to roam at will and TSS has one of the most classic-like DnD aesthetics possible.
    code-zero, FranktheBank and Skuz like this.
  9. Aeonblade Very Hungry Vah Shir

Thanks Big Ben, if you wanna send me your plat on Mischief, message me.
  10. Sebbun Augur

I mean, this statement could be made for any era in the game. Could literally skip GoD and hit OoW - plenty of catch up routes that you can do as a group. If you aren't doing Ssra and you're in a guild, I'd bet the melee are not enjoying. The only weapons in VT are bane weapons. So, yeah, you can skip content, but just like in any era, it's not ideal?
    Skuz likes this.
  11. Triconix Augur

And some bows, yes, VT is void of weapons. They removed VT weapons many many years ago. I still remember when they dropped.
    Skuz likes this.
  12. Pappasalt Augur

Woooo VT, clear 100s of trash to punch a mob for 15mins while doing zero mechanics
    Skuz likes this.
  13. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Any of the raids on a TLP server are already well known and everyone has the information needed to know exactly what to do. Not having to watch for and spot single lines to know that an emote is coming is not being handed the answer key. It should also be remembered that audio triggers are an in game feature.
    Skuz likes this.
  14. Magician9001 Augur

Agnarr is really the only TLP that doesn't go to those awesome expansion later on that nobody plays.
  15. chunky New Member

Look, this is my first post ever on a forum. I'm the money source that starts payment every time a new TLP launches. If Skuz can create enough accounts to get his way, that's a model for income; fine. Most of my IT department loves to cruise through the game they loved (first few years then moved on) and try something else/new whatever. We buy bags, pots, multiple accounts, hundreds of dollars per person and we like our rice the way grandma made it, the same. MOST of us are not looking for a new game, just the one we still love.

non original start is the death nail to a TLP honestly
    >>I'm back in just learned there is a more standard TLP disregard what I've said
    Overcast451 and Zrender like this.
  16. Tweakfour17 Augur

Again..you realize there is a classic start TLP this year right? Yelinak? We can have the same tried and true classic start and a 1 off ruleset at the same time.
    Skuz, JustAnotherOpinion and Zrender like this.
  17. chunky New Member

whoops. see why first time posters need to read more. yeah I'm all in if a second server is close to normal expacs. my mistake
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  18. Tweakfour17 Augur

All good ☺️ hope you and your friends have a blast on Yelinak
  19. Overcast451 Augur

Yes, and this is where the *vocal minority* gets their voice. In cash.
    Sad as it may seem to many..

I started on Mischief last year, started up a couple chars, really didn't get past the mid 20's. Last year, I had to get our house packed and ready to move for a new job. Add to that the normal chores and desire to be out of the house doing things.

So, we get moved and all, ton to do around the house. Unpack, needed to build some shelves, a workbench, clean up apples from the apple trees here, etc, etc.

The the weather turns cooler in October, so I start playing some single player stuff a bit then finally take the bait on the emails DPG sends out around that time of year beckoning for my return to the game.

So I'm back in the game in the late Velious era, Luclin launching in a week or two.

Need to catch up, and well - got a sign on bonus from my new job, so being a 'MMO Whale' wasn't an issue... and dropped enough to get a solid start.

I've played this game since Kunark's original release. I've never actually started up in Classic and just stuck with it. Might just do that, since the kids are out of the house now. Well, not in the new house - they are renting the old one.

This job I took sucks the big one, but since I was a good employee.. I have an interview in 30 minutes for a fully remote position with my old company because I did good work for them. That would free up my drive time for more EQ and let me stay up just a bit later since I wouldn't have a morning drive. :)

So.. I might just dang well be able to play EQ from Classic to Live on one of the new TLPs this time around. I do like Mischief though, so maybe I'll stay.

Real Life and an aging playbase with more disposable income is why these TLPs are popular. And I'm fine dropping a couple hundred on EQ. It's no more than taking the kids to a football game or amusement park or other entertainment things people spend money on.
    yepmetoo and Zrender like this.
  20. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I try really hard to come up with some interesting & novel ruleset Ideas then we have first time posters coming out of the woodwork to take pot-shots?

FWIW Vaniki is actually only borrowing parts of my God-Start server Idea.

The devs have done a lot of stuff differently to what I was aiming for & while I hinted at the challenge of being below the level of the available content by way of a level locking mechanism at the start of the server & only up to level 60 I hadn't suggested that for the entire life-cycle of the server.

The ridiculously fast-paced era-unlocking wasn't my idea either.

Buy hey, I got my flame-resistant suit & I'm good at dodging pitchforks.

P.S. I only got 5 accounts, and usually only play 3 at a time anyway, I won't be funding a whole server any time soon.
    code-zero likes this.