[Request] Spell specialization for hybrids

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Yinla, Apr 20, 2022.

1. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Having looked at what spell specialization actually does. It looks like this may help to improve the issues beastlords and rangers have with mana usage.

I'm guessing Pallys and SKs have a similar issue.
    smash, Strumph and fortuneteller like this.
  2. Velisaris_MS Augur

Or...crazy idea here...they could just give some sort of serious (not pathetic mana returns based off of random ability procs) mana regen abilities to rangers and other mana users that don't have any, and just be done with it.
  3. Svann2 The Magnificent

Dont forget bards. Insults and alliance burn through our manabar.
    RPoo, Strumph, Jennre and 4 others like this.
  4. Fenthen aka Rath

I can easily run through a mana bar and a half with passthrough spells during an event. Some better mana usage mitigation, especially if "paladins are just healers", would be greatly appreciated.
    Strumph likes this.
  5. Evye Augur

As a ranger I solo burn through a full mana bar @ 120 with cov/tol raid gear 80kaa...
    138 casts in 198 seconds on the dummy with all the bells and whistles clicked.
  6. strongbus Augur

as a bst it the same. going full non stop casting and i can be oom real fast with mana cost of our dots.
    Evye likes this.
  7. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

But why Specialization?

The only benefit from it would be a reduced chance to fizzle (does that even happen enough to matter?)

Otherwise, there's already a mana reduction AA (Spell casting Mastery) that applies to all spells. They could just add another level to that.
  8. menown Augur

You lose mana each time you fizzle a spell.
  9. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Spell Specialization doesn't just deal with fizzles

Also mana preservation from specialization stacks additively with other forms of mana preservation, including Spell Casting Mastery, worn foci, and preservation effects from buffs
    menown and Fenthen like this.
  10. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

There's already the AA for reducing mana costs, hence the wording of my post. The only thing that adding Specializations would do would be to add a fizzle adjustment. Mana cost could be addressed simply by adding other levels of SCM.
  11. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

Asking for more mana regen/specialization etc. is a trap. They'll just make spells cost more mana and you'll be back where you started.
  12. Syylke_EMarr Augur

After the recent mess caused by changing specialization, y'all can keep it! :p
  13. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Would be happy with spells just costing what the spell says they cost rather than the invisible mana penalty hybrids have (it takes more mana to cast the spell than it says it does). Really notice it at the low end on those TLPs for sure. Not sure if that ever goes away or if it still effects the game at 120, since as a paladin I cannot remember the last time I went OOM even chain healing.