Fixed Spell Specialization Skills Reset to 49 Upon Zoning

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by BlueberryWerewolf, Apr 20, 2022.

1. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

I experienced this bug after the change to spell specializations on Test and now after today's patch I am experiencing it on Live as well.

Not every time I zone, but randomly after zoning, all of my specializations reset to 49.It has happened to multiple characters and never at the same time. Doesn't seem to be any way to intentionally reproduce the problem other than zoning a bunch of times until it happens.

Live server Antonius Bayle if that would make any difference.
    Lhus, Mahotsukaeru, Duder and 16 others like this.
  2. Crawd New Member

Same thing here, I initially origin and maxed out all my schools in the order that i wanted. Then on next zone in everything reset back to 49. Happened again after a few other zone in after.

On TLP server Aradune
  3. Thash Zoner

It seems it's necessary to do the Ostorm quest. And rebuild skill afterward.
  4. TrueNorth Developer

Was able to reproduce this issue and it is now being tracked internally. Thank you for your report!
    This appears to affect characters up to level 64. If you experience this and are above level 64, please reply and include your level. Thank you!
    yigman008 and BlueberryWerewolf like this.
  5. wtfidk New Member

Spec resetting after zoning.

Level 70 Enchanter, Rizlona
  6. SnapVine Augur

7. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

I did the Ostorm quest and it still resets occasionally when I zone.
  8. Olostin New Member

Happening on mischief as well, all spec reset to 49 on zone. Level them back up to max zone once and all reset again.
    *EDIT* doing it on both my cleric and enchanter at level 65
    SnapVine likes this.
  9. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

These characters are indeed below 64.

The ones on Test were in the low 80s, but that was also last week, so not sure if things might have been altered since.
  10. Renorah New Member

Happened on my toon who is level 70, almost every time I zoned.
  11. Troutfest Augur

Thornblade, lvl 65 mage happening with, not happening with my 65 druid. lvl 37 mag and chanter it happens on. Int casters only?
  12. SnapVine Augur

65 cleric on thornblade got reset
  13. nekkra New Member

Happening on Agnaar as well. I got a 65 mage went to do lodn and saw skillups for evoc specialization. I got it up to 130 by the time i finished the ldon thinking I will just level it up again. When I zoned out of the Ldon it resetted again.
  14. Thash Zoner

Mine were resetting before, but so far not after, the Ostorm quest. Four level 70s.

Other level 70s complaining about it as well.
  15. Mimosa New Member

Happening with my 70 Cleric and 70 Druid on Rizlona as well.

Just noticed that they both got the following message when zoning.

[Wed Apr 20 14:03:34 2022] LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
    [Wed Apr 20 14:03:44 2022] You have entered Guild Lobby.
    [Wed Apr 20 14:03:44 2022] Your specialize skills which were too high have been reduced.
  16. yigman008 New Member

Having this problem on several level 70 characters. I did the ostrom quest on each, raised skills up, zoned and they all had their spec skills reset.
  17. Artenel New Member

Logged on a different lvl 70, didn't cast any spells at all and was able to zone multiple times without any reset. Looks like it has to do with secondary and tertiary specs rising that's causing the problem.
    Thash likes this.
  18. Crawd New Member

70 necro aradune.
  19. Olostin New Member

*UPDATE* after some testing ( 65 cleric on mischief with secondary forte ) leveling spec. alteration to 240/240 able to zone multiple times w/o spec. getting reset. Skilled up spec. abjure to 100 the old cap with secondary forte, was able to zone multiple times w/o resetting specs. As soon as I put spec. abjure to 101 and zone all specs reset to 49.
  20. Mapleheart New Member

Lvl 65 druid on Agnarr, I re-leveled my Alteration but it reset after zoning to 49.
    Now I'm stuck with Abjuration (high lighted in green now), because that was the first spell I used when I logged in, before I knew about the bug.