Aten Ha Ra Group Mission Issue

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Cicelee, Apr 19, 2022.

1. Cicelee Augur

Not using GINA triggers.

Do the mission. During mission I see emote come across screen for someone to run. Also shows up in main chat window. I see this for everyone in the group except for me.

Any thoughts as to why I see the message and the chat message for everyone but my characters?
  2. Thraine Augur

maybe you have yourself on ignore, most everyone else does by now im sure.
    Straahdx likes this.
  3. Windance Augur

Just to clarify your statement:

Group:
    1 Cicelee (you)
    2 Foo
    3 Bar

The emote would look like:

Aten Ha Ra points at Cicelee with one arm, while holding a finger to her lips.
    Aten Ha Ra points at Foo with one arm, while holding a finger to her lips.
    Aten Ha Ra points at Bar with one arm, while holding a finger to her lips.

You see the emote for Foo and Bar in your main window but you do not see it when it calls your name?

I don't really have a good answer for why that might be the case, but expect it has to do with your chat filter options, so you could try and reset your filters to the defaults by renaming your UI files having everything dump into one window. Then see if the emotes start showing up.
  4. Velisaris_MS Augur

Do you also have an audio trigger set up for the emote? If you have one, and it fires off, but you don't see the message, that sounds like some sort of chat filter issue.

Are you using some sort of 3rd party software that has an overlay?
  5. Cicelee Augur

I will double check that in game when servers come up. I am so thankful and grateful that you do not have me on FQ ignore so that you could provide that valuable piece of information that can solve my issue!
  6. Silu Elder

If you get emoted at the same time that another event message comes up (like Aten Ha Ra rejoining the fight), you will get the message in your Event Messages chat window but not see the screen overlay. Is that possibly the issue, or is it chronic?
  7. Cicelee Augur

That is exactly what is happening. My main chat shows Foo got hit, and it flashes in white across my screen that Foo got hit. And everyone else but me.

Would you happen to know what chat filter could be causing it? I haven't done any changes in months, and I am 99.99% sure this was not happening in December and January and February (mage has all type 5 augs from mission currency so I have done it 40 times or whatever that is.
  8. Cicelee Augur

No 3rd party overlay when I solo/group. On raids I use GINA but not the overlay- I play mage full screen mode, and I hear all the GINA triggers. So on a raid I hear the trigger and run, but not in the group mission. This started happening maybe a month ago or so, so possibly something in March patch did something?

I just would not know which chat filter I should look at, which I am thinking maybe it is. But I know I haven't changed anything in months to my recollection.
  9. Cicelee Augur

Last night on my monk, I was supposed to run when we were killing the third Pi right after Aten went live. I double checked and there was nothing in Main chat window saying I should run. Group made a comment about it. A week or two ago I believe, it happened twice to me as well. Group had to tell me to run, nothing came up on screen. This has been going on for maybe a month ish.
  10. Windance Augur

Circelee, I don't have a good answer for why but I can over some suggestions that might help.

Check your logs.

Are you getting the messages and just having them go somewhere else?

Regardless the only thing you really have power over is your user interface. That's why I suggested you go into your EQ folder and rename your UI files. Just search for anything named "*cirelee*" and rename them and run the mission with the default UI.

Again check the logs to see if you are getting the message. If so then redo your UI. run the mission and check.

If you have really good friends, you can intentionally bug the mission by getting to the 50% mark and then run everyone over to the east room and hide out. During the blob phase the mission will not reset due to no one having agro and you can sit there until you hit the enrange timer.

When you do figure it out please post the answer so the reset of us know how to fix the problem in the future.