Yelinak the first TLP without a hardcore guild?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by TheGoblin, Apr 18, 2022.

1. TheGoblin Elder

By now there should be at least 1 frontrunner for "We will dominate all open world spawns and zerg it all down. Batphones at 4am! Only join if you want to rule the server" guild.

Everything in the recruitment page is casual 2 nights a week instance guilds.

This server will be boring without Atabishi, Hicks, Mabbu or the other guildleaders we usually have. Opps, guess Hicks shouldn't be in there as he's just a follower...
  2. Hirbow Augur

Mangler had no hardcore guild until the final rush of Selo's finished, which was the end of Kunark when Vicious guild started.
    Imdead and rangerous like this.
  3. Mescar Lorekeeper

This is a good thing. Maybe all the Krono farmers will stay put and we have a less toxic TLP.
  4. Hykaro Journeyman

The other servers had the same type of guild progression before launch. 30+ days theres a few guilds popping up, and as it gets closer, more and more spring up, and even more during release. Yall forum warriors trying to call Yelinak DOA just because theres not 20 + guilds after the first week it was announced? Just more verbal, outspoken, forum warriors...

Didn't want to post, but everyday its just new nonsense spew spew spew, lol.
    Tarvas, Zrender, Ponter and 3 others like this.
  5. rangerous Elder

There will be at least a dozen more guilds to post on each server. Good competitive guilds require good guild leaders. Most good guild leaders are currently leading existing guilds on existing servers. Theres no need to announce that they are leaving/reforming in April if they do not want to.
  6. HekkHekkHekk Augur

There was >12 guilds recruiting prior to Aradune launch. Feels bad.
  7. Protagonist Tank

Everyone was locked inside and desperate for any semblance of human contact or social interaction, or barring that, brainless distraction.

While none of that has changed for many on these forums, the rest of the world is in a slightly better place these days.
    Fenthen and Skuz like this.
  8. Dominate Augur

If you mean the guys who farm Krono for RMT you are amazingly naive. Their prime target of a server is one who limits everyone else with Truebox (Yelinak), and who has the highest volume of casual players with disposable income (Yelinak).

Not only will the RMT'ers be there, they will be uninhibited as usual pumping raw plat and loot rights into the economy. Also, there will be the guys who want to farm Krono to supply their accounts on Mischief because they can't be bothered to switch to another Mangler clone server with an inferior ruleset.

Get your feelings ready :)
  9. Mescar Lorekeeper

If you ask my ex wives, I have no feelings. But anyway, I know they are going to be there. Fine with me, I don't deal with them. And the only way to really get rid of them will never happen. And that is for everyone stop buying into them. Like I said, that will never happen. Personally I surround myself with good friends of like mind. Who enjoy sharing our wealth and helping eachother out. I would rather give that GEB or FBS to a friend or guildmate then sell it. If no one I know needs it, I know I will be rolling up an alt here or there. They could use it. All a matter of how you play the game.
  10. JustAnotherOpinion Augur

I'm okay with a smaller server population than you would normally see at launch.
    Zrender likes this.
  11. rocsz New Member

I seem to recall Vicious' ;) guild 'Relentless Insomnia' getting curb stomped by a small group of MnM players on all OW targets, forcing them to disband and merge 5 guilds together out of desperation.
    Derpfest likes this.
  12. Zinth Augur

must be new here... the hardcore guilds aren't those that buy from the RMT ppl... nub players are... you know those casual server recyclers that are on the new server every year... the krono farmers just go there to farm stuff to get "free kronos" from all the nubs that want all the "good stuff" without working for it
    Skuz likes this.
  13. sadre Augur

Do players make the game, or does the game make the players?

We'll see.
  14. Arclyte Augur

the amount of crying is embarassing
  15. itiswhatitis Elder

The deeper expansions go the less money those Krono farmers make. They will be on the new TRUEBOX progression server from day 1
  16. Mirix Journeyman

As much as I'm looking forward to a more mellow, less populated server, I'm going to have to throw in my towel and say this server is going to be Dead on Arrival.

As of today, all the guilds listed on the EQ-Guild sub forums (minus the Oceanic which I haven't joined) has approximately 20-35 active players on their roster.

I think smaller guilds/servers have a better overall sense of community and bonding. However, I don't see how a guild with 30 players will thrive through the attrition that comes with each expansion. I'm hoping I'm horribly wrong and I wish nothing but this server to succeed. I honestly think the past free trade/random loot server rules have ruined the future TLP's forever. /cheers
  17. Zrender Augur

I predict there will be just a few people farming kronos that want to play on the new servers. Of course most players will try to buy a krono here and there when they get an extra drop but I think these will be the least krono farmed servers because of mischief/thornblade. It's just too easy to farm kronos on Mischief. Easier than ever before. You'd have to be a fool to think you're going to make more kronos on these new servers. Mischief will remain high population and be the krono king until the next free trade server. Oh and on Mischief it's a positive really for the server because the stuff with value is mostly instanced raid loot and people want that loot. So you're either basically appreciated for it on Mischief or a pariah that has to deal with SLR on the new servers. Easy choice.
  18. Mescar Lorekeeper

We are still a month away. People are still waiting to see if the add any spice to the servers. But don't count out those smaller guilds. You get a great group of people that enjoy hanging out together they will continue to be there. They may not have the numbers to beat content in era, but then again we have done this how many times? So what if the guild has to wait til 70 to do GoD. At least they are having fun together and enjoying the game. Couple of guilds get together, share a raid night or two to increase the numbers to hit the harder stuff.
  19. jeskola pheerie

All except rizlona and thornblade had a much higher number of guilds this many days after server ruleset announcement
    This is true, but the hype does not indicate this number will be anywhere near prior servers.

A dozen each? No way. Right now there are 6 Yelinak and 4 Vaniki, right doubt we see more than 4 or 5 each added.
  20. Haak Augur

You need to do your homework a little more thoroughly. The first guild I checked from the official Discord (Warquest), which also has a thread in the recruitment sub-forum, has 75 active mains right now, with 7 people having joined their server today alone. This is over a month out, and it took me about two minutes to already disprove the claim that "all the guilds" have 20-35 active players. Yelinak is going to be fine.
    Zrender and JustAnotherOpinion like this.