Paly

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by maybe, Apr 18, 2022.

1. maybe New Member

Ok i have to know honestly , i been working on a paladin and i have noticed that they DO NOT have a AOE Taunt WTH were you guys thinking ??? the only tank without one . were suppose to depend on heal aggro ??? boy that works great until DPS over rides the healing parse . Guys this was not clearly thought out . this is part of the reason why nobody will play one . GREAT class otherwise , sad part is , its been this way from the get go so i cant blame you guys for it but i can blame you for not fixing it . dumb dumb dumb . can palies please get at least one AOE taunt for christ sakes .
    Andarriel likes this.
  2. Kenre Journeyman

Paladins have two AOE aggro AAs. Rune proc aggro from the main weapon is also fantastic aggro. Not sure what level they start and what level you are playing though.
    Ozon, Paladin and Nennius like this.
  3. Tenken Augur

heroic leap, beacon, and lodestar is about all you need, throw in preservation and confluent blessing shouldn't need much more then that. If still a issue with locking agro down then that's not a class issue but a person issue with assisting etc.

also throw on marr's salvation and armor of the forthright etc etc
  4. Szilent Augur

three, it's the same number of AE AAs that SKs have (PB splode, Target splode, Directional stream):
    Beacon of the Righteous (PB AE)
    Hallowed Lodestar (Target AE)
    Heroic Leap (Jumpinthemiddle AE)

as well as Valiant to mirror Insidious, on the spell side
  5. Vumad Cape Wearer

SKs are the masters of AE aggro on purpose. Pallies are the masters of AE aggro on accident.
    Fenthen and Maedhros like this.
  6. Iven Antonius Bayle

Paladin is the weakest class until OoW and maybe even further as they cannot do anything right. Bad tanking because of bad aggro, bad heals, bad DPS, slow progession. It would help to give the class an AoE stun and adding more hate to their stuns. I remember that nobody wanted to have them in the group during LDoN grinds where many adds are common. This class shoud get a class role with which it can outshine all other classes and aggro would be just the right thing. SHD aggro in the lower levels is ok but not that good as many do think. All low level tanks have problems to keep aggro and PAL at most.
    Fenthen likes this.
  7. Allayna Augur

Valiant comes into play at level 98, now that witness hate has been finally fixed, this is your AE aggro spell. As to a class role that outshines other roles....AE curing, AE healing.

I wouldn't object to a decently long reuse AE stun spell, like on the same timer as splash, so you'd have to choose between stun locking/ae aggro or curing/healing each time it was cast...

A well played paladin is in a good position as a knight, as a raid asset, the only real weakness if you can call it that, is that non-undead mob dps is trash.
    Ozon likes this.
  8. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

yea thats why people play a sk. Wish my ranger had better aoe only got one combat ability and i hate when my merc gets agro.
  9. Thraine Augur

they have a class role .. splash. otherwise i dont think anyone cares what a pally does, just keep them splashes coming
    Orienn, Ozon and Allayna like this.
  10. Maedhros High King

Holy Tunare.
    I'd like to apologize to the community for a member of my class making such a terrible post in the veterans lounge instead of the noob forum where they should have been posting.
    Warriors are the only class with AE taunt, but there is a much longer reuse timer than regular taunts.
    Paladins have 3 AE agro AAs that are in fairly decent shape right now.
    Heal agro is not a thing.
    DPS over rides the heal parse??>?!?!?!?&
    "Guys this was not clearly thought out"
    Yes you're right about that.
    Dre. and Nennius like this.
  11. Maedhros High King

Valiant has never and does not even remotely mirror Insidious. Be serious.
    Fenthen and Allayna like this.
  12. Maedhros High King

First, you have no idea what youre talking about.
    Second, why the hell are you posting about Omens of War and Lost Dungeons of Norrath in the veterans lounge. Keep that crap in the TLP forums.
    For what its worth Paladins used to dominate in LDON because so much of it was undead.
  13. Iven Antonius Bayle

[IMG]

No. Just because they were the most common class beside droods.

[IMG]
  14. Maedhros High King

Ahh yes. 2003. I remember it well.
    The world was still reeling from the tragedy of 911.
    The US invaded Iraq, captured Saddam Hussein, and was already heavily embroiled in Afghanistan that would end up being the longest war in US history.
    The space shuttle Columbia exploded on reentry with no survivors. RIP.
    Lance Armstrong won his 5th Tour De France before his eventually doping scandal and disgrace.
    Harley Davidson motorcycles turned 100.
    The very last original style Volkswagon Beetle was produced in Mexico.
    Arnold Schwarzenegger became Governor of California.
    Everquest launches the Lost Dungeons of Norrath expansion, followed by massive domination by paladins against the undead, and the clear resounding most populated class in Everquest continued to be rangers, by a mile.
    You're welcome for the history lesson.
    Nennius likes this.
  15. Plumbus Lorekeeper

It's because paladins are meant to be a healing/support class. Some paladins just aren't taking the hint.
  16. Nennius Curmudgeon

Your view of paladins is wayyyy too limited. We can also make very attractive corpses.
    Plumbus likes this.
  17. Wulfhere Augur

Same number perhaps, but not the same usage. SK's unique Stream of Hatred (directional stream) is a real advantage due to being both target free and large area of coverage.
  18. Wulfhere Augur

That's speaks more to bad players than class weakness. Paladin can use heal aggro in LDoN to hold large swarm pulls easily. Low level tank aggro rank is: ranger, paladin, SK, warrior, then and now.
  19. Iven Antonius Bayle

Sorry for disturbing your dreams *RING* .... but it is time to wake up now !
    Paladins just was low DPS with bad aggro and LDoN adventures could had been done completely without healers and tanks just by pure DPS class groups when they had a little bit raid gear in less than 15 minutes. Sometimes I picked up some palis just because they was lfg since a long time, knowing that they would slow the progress down but there was a replay timer anyway.
  20. Fenthen aka Rath

Paladins are easily the best raid tanking class, but get caught in boring splash-splash-splash roles due to terrible raid mechanics. They have problems with snap aggro, but no problems with retaining aggro once established, due to most threat abilities generating hatred-over-time based aggro.