AB unreachable for serveral Players: Error 1017

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Beco, Apr 19, 2022.

1. Beco Lorekeeper

Serveral Players can´t log in to AB: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...ogging-to-antonius-bayle.282220/#post-4125019

If I understand well, the error started more than 5 ours ago, and nothing from anyone as when a solution may occure. We now reached AB prime time and over Chat-programs outside of EQ I got the informations, that much more people are locked out than the replies in the thread linked.

Any update how to solve the problem, even temoprary on client side, would be helpful.
    Eldur and Yinla like this.
  2. niente Developer

Please let me know your character name on AB to help investigate. (Can send a PM)
    Yinla likes this.
  3. AB_H'Sishi Augur

Not sure if there is a link to (a) certain provider(s). I had no issue except the patcher took a longer moment to get connected. From there I had no issue.

Some guildies use a VPN workaround because their non-VPN connection doesn't connect to AB. Other servers are fine.
  4. JolineSZ Augur

I am one of the characters on AB Hsishi mentioned. Jolene Greenleaf.
    Yinla likes this.
  5. niente Developer

I haven't tracked down what is causing this yet, but I suspect it might be a firewall issue, and may be dependent on how your PC is trying to connect to AB (what route). So far I haven't found anything in logs that shows where things go wrong - basically you log in, try to connect to AB, and the account never makes it. The login server (and other servers) are in Las Vegas, and AB is in Europe, which might be contributing to why you are able to connect to those servers and not AB.
    Yinla likes this.
  6. Fearn New Member

Same here. Character name is: Fearn
    Server AB, all other servers are working.
  7. JolineSZ Augur

Still not working :-(
  8. Eldur New Member

I cannot login either. Character name Eldur, server AB.
  9. JolineSZ Augur

It is really well meant to receive a lot of ideas, possible work-arounds and what else. But honestly. I am a customer here and it is not an error on my side. PC works, Internet works and we have everything running via Internet. TV, phones, two private computer, one work computer for Home Office, everything works, all Everquest servers also work, but Antonius Bayle.
    I will for sure not change any settings in our home system and maybe ruin whatever.
    I will also not call my provider. What do you think they will tell me when I say: Well there are several people spread through whole Germany that cannot log on a special server located in the Netherlands to a game.

There has to be a solution from DBG side.

Best regards
    Jojo
    Eldur and Aeonblade like this.
  10. Bolodar New Member

same problems like many others. can not login to AB server char name is Bolodar there all other severs works fine also all other usings of Internet
  11. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Guildies in Germany are starting to be able to log in, it maybe fixed.
  12. Razgadz Lorekeeper

Looks like it was fixed. It is working for me as well now - seems it was a 'Deutsche Telekom' Issue at least most if not all that had problems connecting AB where using that provider. I was able to connect to AB yesterday with another provider - even 'Deutsche Telekom Mobilfunk' worked. Just had problems using 'Deutsche Telekom Festnetz'
  13. JolineSZ Augur

Yes it works again, hurray:)