Upcoming Unlocks

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Accendo, Apr 18, 2022.

1. Accendo Guest

Here is the latest info regarding upcoming TLP expansion unlocks. What was originally scheduled for May 25, 2022 is now set for June 1, 2022.

Aradune: PoR
    Rizlona: PoR
    Mischief: OoW
    Thornblade: OoW

These expansions will be one week shorter and the changes will also show up in the in-game calendar after the April patch.
    Hirbow and Overcast451 like this.
  2. JustAnotherOpinion Augur

This news is so last week.
  3. theonepercent Augur

Where's the dislike button?

Losing an exp event that would have happened right after OoW opened really sucks.

Also, May not April.
    Zanarnar and Jonk like this.
  4. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Strange change, but also appeals to my evil nature.
  5. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

It was requested by someone to move the launch of the 2 new servers due to other servers having expansions the same day. Instead of moving the launch they moved the expansion unlocks on the other servers.

I guess moving the expansion unlocks was easier than moving the launch date.
  6. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

So a case of "be careful what you ask for", but makes sense from a financial planning perspective.
  7. Tweakfour17 Augur

And likely server stability. At least the login server.
  8. Triconix Augur

I think you mean they were originally set for May 25, 2022, yes? There's no way POR was originally set to release next week for Aradune/Riz. DoDh isn't even a month old.
  9. JustAnotherOpinion Augur

This is the trouble maker, Accendo. Great work, mod team!
    Skuz likes this.
  10. Accendo Guest

April Fools!

(Whoopsies.)
    Skuz and JustAnotherOpinion like this.
  11. Zanarnar Augur

So what was a well timed xp bonus on OOW unlock is going to happen in the last week of gates because, once again, DPG cannot forward plan at all.

So instead of the brand new servers with noone to inconvenience (putting it nicely), they decide to mess with the players on their existing servers (again) due to their utter lack of planning.

DPG, I beg you, hire someone with good planning skills who can use a calendar and plan thing out more then the 2-ish weeks your current staff seem capable of. You should have a 6mo, 1yr, 3yr, and 5yr plans roughed out on a calendar so you could spot potential issues like this and correctly address them (launch the new servers earlier or later to avoid the issue) rather then, at the last minute, screw up schedules that have existed for an entire year now.

I too would like a dislike button for these forums.... :|
    Jonk likes this.
  12. Neuro Elder

This will do nothing to alleviate the issues. Moving the unlock one week SOONER would help, but one week later will just cause those people waiting for the new content to decide to jump on the new servers for a week to screw around, causing them to have even more problems.

You really need to open the new TLP servers a week early just to allow character creation, since making characters seems to be one of the major bottlenecks.
    Arkatar, Jonk and Overcast451 like this.
  13. Overcast451 Augur

Yeah, I REALLY wish they would do that. Or at least a couple days in advance.