They better do something quick!!!

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Haldi, Apr 15, 2022.

1. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I guess how fast a server you play on depends on how much time you have to play, this is one reason I say that casuals are best served by playing on Live servers, if you cannot keep up with 12 month unlocks you should be looking to play on Agnarr or a different game.

6 month unlocks have a problem that fans of that cadence are failing to understand in that there are not enough TLP players wanting that to make it work.
    To make a longer unlock server work you actually need a critical mass of players far higher than what you will see on standard TLP because you need a much larger total in order for all of the disparate schedules to align often enough for the server to have any meaningful grouping opportunities.

Rather than longer unlocks your playstyle on TLP is best-served by accelerated XP rates, faster named spawns, reduced lockout timers, and more loot dropping in order to get the most out of your limited play time, dragging it out over a longer unlock cadence is not going to help you when you wont have other people to play with. Perhaps consider Mischief.
    Appren likes this.
  2. Ponter Elder

There's a really easy solution to this, and it's for DBG to just give people a free EXP III pot for filling out a survey about what they want to see in TLPs, so they can actually get the information instead of fumbling around in the dark trying to figure out what works best.
    Digler, asdfbot and wade_watts like this.
  3. asdfbot Lorekeeper

I agree with 6 months being too long, 3 months I would think is doable. I can get done what I need / like per expansion within 3 months time fairly easy with a casual play time. I would not say no to a slight increase in exp / rare spawns / no keying :)

Live isnt an option... I would never play on a live server.
  4. asdfbot Lorekeeper

It would be interesting to see how they farm the data for these servers. Forums, discord, other social media? Im sure they have metrics on other TLP servers, about initially played then see how many drop off per xpac etc.
    Ponter likes this.
  5. Ponter Elder

Yeah I'm sure there's something, but it's hard to get a grasp on what people actually want without asking. Right now they can only get an idea of what we're tolerating, but if you take one specific metric, like numbers dropping off after X expac... is it because no one wants to play that expac, or because it took to long to GET there, or that people finally got sick of kronolords, or... too many variables to be precise.
  6. Accipiter Old Timer

Potato, potahto. I haven't raided in a decade but I considered myself a hardcore non-raider when I played. Casual vs. raider leaves too much in the middle.
  7. Agentbuckwald New Member

If they gave a preview or an example of the type of reward you can obtain on Vaniki, the hype would FLOW.
  8. Rcbauer Augur

I heard we get a bobbybick signed original cloth map
    rangerous likes this.
  9. sigalph760 Journeyman

I don't play to race for levels or have the best gear or any of that anymore. I do still enjoy the game as a relaxing escape from a sometimes stressful reality. That means taking my time to level and enjoying the content I played as a young adult 23 years ago now. That's just me and where I'm at in life. If I'm able to squeeze in 10-20 hours a week pugging classic zones, that's enough for me. I don't understand the rush.

That said, I do get others point of view though. If you play 10 to 18 hours a day, that stuff is going to get boring to them after a few weeks. Especially if they have been playing back to back rounds of TLPs. Maybe the time as a casual player in Everquest has past on these servers. Perhaps I haven't evolved into the modern state of Everquest TLPs like most of the forum posters have.

Anyway, I'll conclude my "concession speech". Maybe next year.
    asdfbot and Ponter like this.
  10. asdfbot Lorekeeper

I'm with you on this. At the current state of Yelinak, ill have to pass. I'm sure there are plenty of ppl that will enjoy it but I will see what they have to offer next year.