Fixed Internally Changing Characters/Servers - Someone logged into your account error

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Troutfest, Aug 22, 2020.

1. Smokezz The Bane Crew

If you camp, and you ALWAYS end up on your character select screen... you will never reproduce the problem. The problem happens if you camp, and instead of getting to character select, it drops you all the way to server select. 95% of the time, if you try to log in it will ask if you want to boot the character that's logged in and then pop up the error about someone being logged in on your account, change your password.
    Arcolin and tanith like this.
  2. Malbro Augur

And or it will say your password/account could not be validated, Sometimes both.
    tanith and Smokezz like this.
  3. Smokezz The Bane Crew

Right, it will say that every time AFTER giving you the error about someone being logged in on your account. It won't matter if you give your correct password or just faceroll the keys. Forgot about that one.
  4. Midasa Elder

I had this issue almost all the time on one account, but after the patch it seems to not happen at all. I was going to thank them for fixing it, but seems that not everyone has had my good fortune.
  5. Forcallen Augur

Happens to me a ton if I am swapping toons on my main account frequently. Camping out and waiting on timer or if camping out in safe zone and selecting camp now. But rather than character select I end up "crashing" to server select and from there I'm warned someone else might have logged into my account so reenter account info (twice since it never recognizes it the first time).

Then like 90% of the time if I camp on main account during the day he crashes to server select and I go through the "someone else might have logged into your account dance". Other 2 accounts rarely have the same issue when swapping between different characters. If I swap the order of my logins and say load 2nd or 3rd account first and then load the remaining with /patchme its still my main account that has the issue.

So I'm guessing it somehow ties to the absurd amount of stuff my main has acquired over the years. In multiple houses, bank, bags, achievements, the vendor guys in pok that can hold some mats, overseer agents, etc. My main account likely has so much more bloat that whatever happens when camping out bogs down often.
  6. Strumph Augur

At least for me it has to be character based.

Strumph - Almost EVERY TIME
    Any other character on Strumph's account or my other 3 accounts rarely.

Doesn't matter what zone or if able fast camping or not.
  7. tanith Augur

Ditto.
    On main account it happens about 20% of the time
    Zone seems irrelevant
    Fast camping seemed to affect it, but have been camping out in exp zones a lot lately and the frequency hasn't changed
    How many times I've switched toons on the account seems irrelevant
    Two other accounts: Hardly ever happens (ie less than a handful on each)
  8. Ratalthor Developer

We are unfortunately still unable to reproduce this issue. We recently tried cloning characters that were reported to see the issue more frequently, but we did not experience it.

Has anyone observed any other reproduction steps or correlations?
  9. Paladin Augur

It's real.

Fast camp and log to a diff character. If it doesn't happen, do it again.

Do this a few times and it is pretty much guaranteed to happen.

It's like the character went LD instead of logging out, so when you try to get back on with a diff character, the game seems to think there is a toon all ready logged in or something.
  10. Malbro Augur

This morning, not a fast camp, logged onto an alt and realized that I forgot to parcels some collectables to that character. Camped to my main and parceled the stuff.

Camped again, not a fast camp, and got dumped/crashed to server select and upon clicking enter the world it gave me that message. So, in the space of 3 logins, it happened.

I was in the neighborhood guildhall at the time but I've had it happen in PoK.
  11. Strumph Augur

Camped Strumph in our Palatial Guild Hall 4 times (no fast camp) and went to Server Select 3 times. Got the usual "You already have a character logged into a world..." window and clicked Yes. 2 of the 3 times I got the normal "Another player has logged in on this account... change password" window. 1 time I didn't get it and got the loading bar, but instead of going to character select it gave me the "Login cannot be validated" window.

Zoned to the new Umbral Plains and the SAME EXACT results for the 4 camps... 3 server selects, 2 change password and 1 login cannot be validated.

Did the same 4 camps in the same zones on the 120 Mage on Strumph's account and went to character select all 8 times... NO ISSUES! In the past I've used other toons on the same account and didn't have issues. Strumph has the same issues on Live, Beta and Test. Now the issue is really starting to show on my other account with Zois.

If there is ANYTHING I can do to help I will and am available any time.
  12. Malbro Augur

This is getting ridiculous, logged in just now on my main in the palatial guildhall and claimed one overseer task.

Click on my camp button, got dumped to the server select and got the message about someone on the account.

Tried logging in on the screen that came up after I clicked ok and go "Yo7ur login could not be validated, please try logging in again.

You all have something seriously wrong going on.
    Strumph likes this.
  13. Jedis Arch Mage

This is reproducible nearly every time for me with an offline bazaar trader.
    1. Set offline trader. Log out of game completely.
    2. Log into EQ.
    3. At server select, select your server and click play.
      1. You get a message saying you have a character online and asks if you would like to boot them. Click Yes.
    4. It sits there for a minute and then comes back with "Someone else has logged into your account" and then kicks me to the classic login screen.
    5. If you try logging in again, the first time, every time, it doesn't actually try to login (confirmed with using a bad password) and says "Your login could not be validated, please try logging in again."
      1. No failed login attempts show when you actually type in the wrong password, when logging in successfully in step 6.
    6. The second attempt at logging in always works to get to the server select, and then I am able to log into the server and play.
  14. Tlail Elder

When i think about it, iirc i only have this issue on the account where i use an offline trader.
    Maybe the trader is not removed correctly/completely (like chars stuck in the serverwide channels) and this is causing the problem.

Do the other people, that have this problem also use offline traders on their accounts?

Tlail
  15. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I haven't used a trader for years, and then not on Yinlas account and it is her that has these issues.

I'm not sure chars are camping out properly at all, I'm pretty sure I saw something about that in the patch notes but not 100% sure. But a number of times recently steam shows me I'm logged into EQ and I'm not, this is hours after I have been.
  16. tanith Augur

There seems little to no pattern
    Just happened to me again now,
    I was in Pok, I used 'quick camp' and here's the bug

The only 'perhaps' thing I've noticed is it seems to happen after several character switches on the account, as it did today, - but that, equally, could be nothing as I would usually have done several switches.

Last week it happened camping out after hours in ME on a different account where it hardly ever happens
  17. Ratalthor Developer

If this is happening to you every time, please PM me your character and server name. Thank you!
  18. tanith Augur

No, about once/twice a week (on AB)

Just happened again (so twice so far this week), this time fast camping in GGH. Pushed to server select, click AB, get 'you have another character logged in' message, followed by the someone else logged into your account msg, and out of game
  19. Elite_raider Augur

Had this happen a few times if I did /camp server and then tried to log back in to the same server when I got to server select.
  20. Malbro Augur

Just happened today, again, in Ka Vethan for a couple of hrs and went to change characters. Got dumped to server select and got the message plus couldn't validate account log in. Now it's hung at the server select. Going to have to ctrl alt delete and end task.