Lack of Guilds for Yelinak and Vanicki

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Xazier, Apr 15, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Murdukethegreat New Member

My guild waited with excitement for the new server details. All ive heard in game and on our discord is negative about the new tlps.

Yelinak is a waste of a tlp and Vaniki is basically for the vocal minority.

Mischief til 2023 for me
    wade_watts and Xanathol like this.
  2. Zansobar Augur

They only did 64 bit because it won't be long before you won't be able to run 32 bit software on windows.
    Brunlin likes this.
  3. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I don't think that the change to remove 32 bit software in Windows will happen anytime soon due to the massive amount of software that is still running in 32 bit. The big reason to change to 64 bit is to remove the 4G memory limitation on the server side and to a lesser extent on the client side. Removing this will allow for them to make changes in the future that could help performance a lot.
  4. Zinfa New Member

That's the biggest thing I don't like, is it seems like its just too fast with that many expansions worth of content all unlocked in large batches. Would have been more interesting with more time to actually play through the content instead of having to pick select things to do quickly before the next unlock.
  5. Triconix Augur

There are more people playing post POP on TLPs at any given time than there are people playing pre-POP. The fact you think the world revolves around you and your trilogy flipping is nothing more than ignorance and entitlement.
  6. Hirbow Augur

It actually does, because every server has been proven that the majority of the population on ANY tlp server is: classic->PoP launch. No other time frame has had an increased population higher than classic beyond that.

So, if you're saying 4-6months of less play time to reach PoP has no effect on the population server, you're mistaken, because you're already seeing that..
    slizzard likes this.
  7. EQEnzo New Member

I think a lot of the player abandonment post-PoP could be avoided if they'd finally bundle ldon w/ PoP. It's the worst expansion in the game to still have its own tlp era, and as TLPs approach the month+ of ldon grinding they consistently lose players. Bundle it: release it 1 week into PoP. It's so far beyond the time this change should have been made.
    Xanathol likes this.
  8. verbatim Elder

Ldon is an absolute gem.
    sadre likes this.
  9. Iove Elder

True

I sure both servers will be dead in few months. Vaniki more hardcore than ppl think and many will just drop as new expansions start unlock. Yelinak have nothing special to keep ppl for long and PoP in 28 week will kill half of ppl who like classic.

Many who post about how great are new servers are probably just lie to keep more interest to their current servers, or just wrong. If them think ppl who join new servers and leave it later will go back to their old servers just wrong, not many will do.

To keep ppl play one more year till next TLPs DPG must make something special to Yelinak (free trade maybe, without random loot or something else) and increase expansion unlock to 8-12-12 if ppl come to Yelinak to see classic give them more classic, not less! About Vaniki not sure, it will be like Quarm server i think anyway, in 6 month there will be ghost town at Secrets of Faydwer or Underfoot expansion (at max, i sure much much early).

So i sure we will see new TLP server in 6 month as customers numbers will decrease, them just leave new servers and not come to their old one.
  10. Manafasto Augur

Why are classes tied to expansions? I believe it was an attempt to have BL's and Berserkers at launch of a TLP. I am interested in Vaniki, I would like to see all classes ready at classic launch. I will see if I give it another go. I found Aradune, Rizlona, and Mischief were fun. All classes at launch with no MoTM with loot drops like AARPG's and I would be in seventh heaven.
  11. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I believe that the devs see Beastlord as being "Luclin Content" and Berserkers as "Gates of Discord Content" so as far as they are concerned those classes are innately tied to those expansions, and any combinations of classes are also tied to their expansions, so Call of the Forsaken's "content" included Guktan Monks & Wood Elf Beastlords.

Personally I think it's an anachronistic way of looking at classes, I see classes as core to the game regardless of when they were introduced and content to me is the zones, quests, items, lore / story, tradeskill recipes - i.e. the stuff that you do, not the classes that you do it with.

Still, until the devs alter their rigid ideology on classes we will never see Berserkers & Beastlords on a classic-start server, the devs do not feel that they belong there, ever.
    Brunlin likes this.
  12. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Because parts of those classes are tied to those expansions and won't be available until those expansions launch. I don't see Daybreak releasing those classes when they can't get the same things that other classes can.
  13. Accendo Guest

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.