QoL Change Remove Enchanter AoE stuns

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by KRYGZ, Apr 17, 2022.

1. KRYGZ Lorekeeper

And before you start to flame just remember you can figure out ways around mechanics of fights without needing those aoe stuns. So go figure them out.
  2. error Augur

Nah, not really, in fact AoE stun is the intended solution to various raid mechanics as you progress through the expansions. If your concern is AoE powerleveling there are countless ways to prevent that without resorting to breaking dozens of raid encounters and nerfing abilities that are completely fine in normal gameplay.
    Pizzanomicon and The Champion like this.
  3. KRYGZ Lorekeeper

Figure out how to encounter the raid without aoe stuns, stop cheesing it.
  4. error Augur

Not sure what content you've played up to but it's not "cheesing" a mechanic to respond to it as the developers intended. In many fights waves of adds will intentionally be made susceptible to a single form of crowd control and it's intended to use that vulnerability to deal with them.

What exactly is wrong with AoE stun that would justify a sweeping change with unintended consequences across 22 years worth of content?
  5. Zinth Augur

not to mention those mobs that do not take normal damage but actually need to be stunned to take damage AT ALL (raid encounters)
  6. KRYGZ Lorekeeper

AoE mez from Bards/Enchanters, single target Stuns from cleric figure it out, you can do it I believe in you Error
  7. error Augur

I mean, that didn't really address either point of breaking raid mechanics or providing an example of what exactly is wrong with AoE stun. Also mez isn't a replacement for stun and cleric isn't the premier single target stun class.
  8. Soulsiphon Elder

raid mechanics are supposed to be thought outside the box more than one way to skin a cat Error. I think the OP is trying to focus on removing the plvlng aspect of the game. But you didnt give him anyways to reduce it either, you just said, "There are countless ways to prevent that without resorting to breaking dozens of raid encounters and nerfing abilities that are completely fine in normal gameplay". What are the countless ways?
  9. error Augur

You can't just remove an ability the game was designed around and hope players can figure out a way to circumvent raid mechanics that depend on it.

I'm not sure how you know what OP's reasoning is or why he refuses to give an example. I guess we're assuming it's indeed AoE PLing? Rather than making changes that would impact unrelated aspects of the game, if DBG is against people buying and selling PLs then the obvious solution would be to make buying and selling PLing services against the rules. It's a lot harder to find customers if they have to go through a 3rd party website. If they're specifically against AoE clearing a zone, then make that against the rules? The reason behind why they're AoE clearing a zone isn't really important, just the fact that they're doing it, right?

Seems kind of drastic to demand they globally change the game to prevent a practice that they don't even really seem to care about. At least try a more realistic suggestion with the least collateral damage like adding stun immune enemies to the most problematic zones?
    Zinth likes this.
  10. Appren Gnomercy

How would this be "QoL"? Oh, I get it, you want a lower quality of life, nevermind.
  11. Xhartor Augur

They recently linked the recast timer on the legacy AE stuns. It's also only an issue for a limited amount of time. Once The Deep and PoI stop being meaningful exp it goes away.
  12. Zinth Augur

yeah but you apparently can't get into your skull that THAT thinking outside the box was how we found out that the only way AT ALL to damage some raid mobs = stuns... so stop trying to break the game just because noone wants to group with you while you whine about how others play the game
    Go Take A Nap likes this.
  13. sieger Augur

There is literally no problem with AE stuns anywhere other than early TLPs, the broader EQ community has no interest in you breaking core class design and the way any number of fights over a 23 expansion history are done because you got mad someone was powerleveling in one of the half dozen XP zones you could be using on a TLP. Additionally they recently changed the lower level legacy stuns to share cooldowns like modern ones always have, which significanlty lowers the power level capacity of a single enchanter. In response some of the big PLers just run more enchanters, oh well. If anything should be changed again (and I don't know that it should), it would be to flag mobs in specific low level PL zones stun immune, no one wants to see these spells touched more broadly.
  14. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Wouldn't even need to be all of those mobs, one per "grouping" of mobs should be plenty to create a big enough problem for swarm-pull AoE groups.
  15. Intercept Augur

I think the ae stun change was a bad one, they should not have touched the cooldowns in the first place, as it only hurts one enchanter and bots can bring a near endless supply. They should have added a stun immunity to mobs of half the duration of any stun. This would allow single enchanters to use their stuns intelligently and also stop ae pling.
    Go Take A Nap and Overcast451 like this.
  16. HekkHekkHekk Augur

Since when is using a spell as it's intended considered cheesing?
  17. Machen New Member

You're going to aoe mez unmezzable mobs? Single target stun dozens of mobs at once?

Ok.
  18. wade_watts Augur

Worst thread of April, 2022.
    Gormgeous likes this.
  19. Overcast451 Augur

Yeah, this stun nerf only really impacts an individual player. The RMT/PL bots just bring 3-4 enchanters and easily work around it.

AoE groups were fun and risky in years past when you could bring a Single Enchanter and some others to do it. Now AoE groups are only the domain for RMT/PL teams, not a single group.

The cooldown nerf really did the exact opposite of what it was intended to do. I'd be all for putting AoE groups together in guild, etc - but now.. if I want them... I guess I can pay for them... because I'm not rolling up 3 enchanters to do it :)
    wade_watts likes this.
  20. Accipiter Old Timer

Why remove AOE stuns? You never explained your position. They already nerfed them into oblivion.