where are druids hunting in tds

Discussion in 'Priests' started by xaga, Feb 22, 2015.

1. xaga Elder

hey fellow druids - where is the hot spot for us in tds
  2. noclue Elder

If you're asking about druid soloing, I can't think of any place in TDS.
    But then I'm a druid anomaly and never been much of a soloer. My non-raid (TDS) time has been spent slogging through the TDS tasks with my shrinking group of friends :(.
    I don't know why, but once TDS came out, the knowledgeable druids stopped posting. I miss the valuable info on druid AA's and spells (whats good, whats worthless and why).
  3. Mugsie Elder

Brother's Island is sometimes very crowded and is small, but most of the mobs are snarable and don't summon. Some are animals.

It ain't much, but its what we got.

Mugs
  4. porky Augur

You can kite the brothers(you know the good guys!) on brothers island. I wouldn't mess with the animals they are social to each other some immune to snare others summon. There is really only one good spot to do that near the center of the zone. But while you are doing that you can maybe get into a pick up group there which would be better XP.

You can also kite Combine Dredge, if you are good enough to deal with the terrain there. It's really to much hassle to be fun though IMO.
  5. guado Augur

Druid soloing in TDS:

Brother Island

Dredge Heroic Adventure: nothing summons. Have fun ! (pro tip: crabs and regrua, quint kiting)
  6. malibu66 Elder

I've only progressed up to Thulyssar, up until there I wouldn't solo anywhere in TDS.
    I boxed a Chanter/SK through the ToR and Argin-Hiz progression to get the Hero Calling aug. Now the crew is up to Thulyssar. In the process I managed to completely max AA on my Druid. IMO, the group geared Chanter (even though horribly played) is more valuable than the CoTF T1/T2 raid geared Druid. I run with either two cleric mercs and caster DPS - or two Casters and a cleric.
    I generally tank with my Druid because its easier than switching to the SK, and I am worse at playing the SK than the Chanter. I do farm the Degmar HA for Brinys, though, and SK deflection and Chanter mez on the Capt/Guards makes the mission pretty easy. The Druid sits a lot on that mission (added DPS). The BEST DPS upgrade for me in TDS has been the negation of subtlety AA so that I can run the caster mercs on burn and still hold aggro.
  7. guado Augur

Drogmors and Saureks don't summon, in thuliasaur. Tricky but doable.
  8. CrazyLarth Augur

9. tinywolf1 Journeyman

The BI mission is an option if the static zone is too crowded.

Katta is also decent if you're just looking to kill some time.
  10. Iila Augur

From running some math, Brother's Island seems like a good spot to run a lesson burn, IF you can find a spot/path to kill ~45 mobs over the course of 30 minutes. The zone has a ~13 min respawn, but running your pack through a parrot, pounder, or siren ruins everything. The area of the island by the merc quest guy is decent, but it only provides access to about half the needed mobs, even with pulling an extra 5 or 6 over at the start.

Dealing with an occasional parrot or pounder isn't too hard, but dealing with them too often really sucks. Has anyone found a good cycle that lets you do a full burn cycle without running out of mobs?

Now that EW is back, it's a viable option again. From some rough numbers, it's looking about 5/8ths to 1/2th as much exp as would be possible in BI. But it can actually provide enough mobs to kill for 30+ minutes.

I actually haven't done a detailed test on PoShadows yet, to see if corrupted ahkevans can support us. Or if the battlefield area might work better now?
  11. Vlerg Augur

As a wizard ( I assume we have the same requirement to kite), Combine dredge is my favorite place... quadding-beaming not so much, but single-target kiting without problem ( try around the pirate boat / quarry).

Alternativly, raptors in thuliasaur don't summon and are rootable... there's not many of them, but they drop collectible.

With RoF XP unnerfed, PoShadow / epicenter would probably be viable.
  12. Iumar Journeyman

Actually nothing that I've seen so far summons in Combine Dredge open world either.
  13. Zalamyr Augur

I was reading through this thread as if it pertained to current TLPs then saw an Iila post and realized I should check the dates.