Bristlebane raid night lag

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Robnie, Apr 12, 2022.

1. Scornfire The Nimbus Prince

I haven't once proclaimed Bristlebane is not experiencing game breaking lag. Continue on. And if anyone wants to get with me for a video project I'm still happy to help with that.
    Raccoo, Ozon and Duder like this.
  2. Duder Augur

Correct, but you did come here, I'm not sure if the initial intent was to minimize the concerns of the posters in the thread, but have ended up minimalizing their concerns over and over. Contributing nothing constructive in any manner. I respect you as a player and poster and find myself kind of questioning why? Why would Scornfire involve himself like this in a post like this? Usually your posts are constructive, helpful, and informative. But it seems this thread has pulled you in and triggered you in some way that has convinced you to stray from your standard posting style. Again, said with the utmost respect.
    Bigstomp likes this.
  3. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

Is this why we can't have nice servers? :(

[IMG]
    Duder, Bartleby, Svann2 and 1 other person like this.
  4. MyShadower All-natural Intelligence

Whether you identify as pot or kettle...we are all on the same stove.
    Fenthen and Bartleby like this.
  5. Bartleby Journeyman

SO.MUCH.THIS.
    I want to reach through the computer screen and hug this freaking guy......

6. Cicelee Augur

If the title of the thread is Raid Night Lag, I don't think non BB players would bat an eye. But by calling it BB Raid Night Lag, it could be conveyed and inferred by the non BB crowd that your lag is worse than the rest of the community and that your server should get special treatment as a result, especially with the Dev request to lead a raid.

All servers are laggy during raids. All guilds experience unplayable game environments at times. It takes me 3-5 minutes to zone in sometimes if pre burning, and by the time I zone into the zone I miss IOG and BW and whatever else. I have experienced raids where my character was frozen and unresponsive at Raid engage, and when I finally could move or cast a spell the named was at 77. Should I create a thread and call it Cicelee Cazic Raid Night Lag and invite a dev into my home so they can witness what I sometimes go through?

Raid lag on ALL servers needs to go away. Period. It is affecting ALL players on ALL servers. Singling out one may ruffle the feathers of others, as this thread has done.

What I do hope is the result is that ALL servers get Raid lag reduced so that ALL players can enjoy the raid game and be successful. Not just one or two or three servers. And I hope that they are actively working on some solutions to the problem. I know the community has suggested things in the past, hopefully they are looked at and considered.

But again, I think the thread title came across to some as being "BB needs our raid lag fixed ASAP" which bothered some. "Raid lag needs to be fixed on all servers ASAP" would.IMHO have not produced the non BB reactions you are reading in this thread.
    Fenthen and Duder like this.
  7. Emilari UI Designer

Has your guild, and every other guild on your server, every single night, not just randomly out of the blue sometimes, taken 30-40 minutes to zone from ME instance #1 to ME static, to ME instance #2 for the last 2-3 months? This happens to us travelling to every single raid instance we have done, regardless of expansion.

This is happening to non-raiders just trying to traverse around Norrath.

If the answer is "No" then you are experiencing something different than we are. The actual during-event lag is similar for everyone, including BB, and yes it still needs to be fixed on all servers.
  8. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

What a bunch of whiners now you know how fv feels like! haha
    Fenthen likes this.
  9. Emilari UI Designer

I have played on FV, what Bristlebane is going through is worse than any experience I ever had of lag on FV (which was prevalent and also needs to be fixed).
  10. Thundastruk Elder

All this banter back n forth about who’s server lag epeen is bigger makes my junk super soft.
    Emilari likes this.
  11. Neale Povar Lorekeeper

i heard its extra laggy right now because they are using the hardware to mine crypto
  12. Emilari UI Designer

I know right? I thought we largely decided yesterday to agree all lag on all servers is bad and pushing for a fix is good - regardless of severity (which still DOES differ with BB and FV being more extreme).

We pay for a product and have every right to complain when it's not delivered in a functioning package.
  13. Anjie New Member

Instead of bickering, we should be banding together to see if we can get someone to pay attention and fix the issue. Anyone who has comments, and wants to get into a pissing match on these forums literally has nothing better to do. Half the comments I have seen are apparently from people who just want to insult, and slur other people and guilds. Must be how you get your rocks off. The first post is a request to see about getting an issue on a server fixed. There was invitations to devs to join our raids to see first hand the problem. That's all it should have been. There has been no need for any of the snide comments, trolling, insults or airing personal vendettas.
  14. Velisaris_MS Augur

Lag that makes the game unplayable, whether it's related to zoning, or chat, or spell-casting, or raids, or whatever...regardless of server(s)...should be the number one thing on the list of stuff to fix right now, because nothing else matters if you can't play the game.

And if it's NOT the top priority right now, then I think they owe it to paying customers to come here and explain WHY it's not the top priority, and what THEY think is more important than making the game playable.
    Bigstomp, Duder, Barton and 1 other person like this.
  15. Lodestar The Undefeated

So what's the answer Daybreak? Let's get a community/dev response. What action are you going to take to support your customers?
    Emilari likes this.
  16. Svann2 The Magnificent

They already said "fixed internally", meaning we should hopefully see a fix next Wednesday. That at a minimum does imply they acknowledge the issue and are working to fix it. That said, this is the kind of problem I think even they wont know if what they did helps until it goes live and comes under the heavy stress of a live server on raid night.
  17. Kenre Journeyman

"Cost of living is high in New York."
    Would someone in Los Angeles read that statement and think, "those New Yorkers think their cost of living is higher/worse than ours?"
    Hopefully not, that would be silly. Just as when someone says lag on BB is really bad right now. That does not mean it's worse than other servers. It means....wait for it..."lag on BB is really bad right now."
    Do people on other servers also experience 5-10 minute zone times (or longer) also accompanied with DCs because of the time it takes to zone? And as stated, this has nothing to do with the quality of the machine or internet connection, but purely EQ servers. If so, join BB in asking devs to fix it. If not, but zone times are longer than they should be, join BB in asking devs to fix it.
    Server lag in raids is similar. Spell gem lockouts, rubber banding mobs, raid wiping emotes, raid mechanics breaking etc etc. Is it bad? Join in asking devs to prioritize lag solutions to fix it.
    BB is currently experiencing lag that is worse than what BB has ever experienced. It recently got a lot worse with crazy zone times and DCs due to laggy zoning. Again, is your server also experiencing worse than normally bad lag? Join BB in expressing those concerns. Is it the "normal lag" (which is still super bad) then join BB and ask the devs to prioritize lag fixes.
    If devs want to experience what it's like, unfortunately Sunday evening is the best (cough worst) time to do that. They obviously don't have to, but if they need/want to experience the problem to be able to begin to address it that is the time. If they don't need to experience it to fix it and will believe the severity of lag and put it as a high priority then awesome. The community of players would love to hear how this game breaking lag is being addressed.
    I may come back to EQ if/when lag gets fixed. I sure hope it does.
  18. FawnTemplar Augur

Duder, with respect, the only reason Scorn commented was because Prox was telling people not on BB who commented saying essentially "Yeah, we have lag too" that their experience was nothing compared to the BB experience. Scorn's first post essentially said "yes this is a big issue and it is a big issue on all live servers of a certain size with a particular amount on raiders all raiding on the same night." Now why people have been trying to twist his words and take such issue with what he is saying is anyone's guess. Arguing to be the worst makes little sense to me frankly. We all know lag is a problem. It has been a problem for years. If the point of arguing that BB has the worst lag is to try and get more immediate attention, then I am sorry but that is likely not going to work simply because the devs have been working/thinking about lag for years and they don't know all the causes let alone have an immediate fix. It sucks, but that is just the nature of the beast.

The entire point that people not on BB are trying to make is that we would be more likely to get attention for this issue the more widespread it is. (Not that the dev haven't been giving this attention already of course). It doesn't do anyone any good to minimize, or discredit anyone else's experience on this issue because doing that makes the whole problem seem smaller. I am not optimistic that even emphasizing the wide spread nature of the issue will get more immediate attention but this seems a better way to talk about and understand the problem at least.

And Duder, to be clear, this is exactly the issue that Scorn is talking about. This is the gaslighting he is talking about. I think you and I can agree that this kind of comment is not actually productive in anyway.
    Duder and Raccoo like this.
  19. FawnTemplar Augur

[IMG]
    Proximoe likes this.
  20. Proximoe Elder

Summarizing the last two post so that peoples eyes “don’t bleed” getting through em… nothing to do with post topic (1st post), and nothing to do with post topic (2nd post). Thank you again fawn for the valuable insight into everything not according to the topic at hand, please continue doing what you do for the community you make things better for everyone.

Excited to see if the internal fix helped the server lag. Thank you dev/gm’s for looking into it for bristlebane sake!