Can we ban the automation groups please?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Bigstomp, Apr 2, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bardy McFly Augur

2. Kindertime Journeyman

Here's a lol for you.

Cheat software devs are at least tolerating each other until November 2021.
    They have their falling out over money.
    Mass suspensions and bans begin in December of 2021, after the December EQ patch. Suspensions and bans continue through at least April 2022.
    Nothing to see here. Nothing to think about. Social Engineering hack. Couldn't be.
    Creative Sparks likes this.
  3. The real Sandaormo Augur

Ogre Rogue? That's like Jumbo Shrimp. It doesn't go together.
  4. Nudia Augur

I like the part where they're stuck on the wall. No automation there, they would never, they are tabbing amongst the boxes and running into that wall!
    Emilari and Bahdah like this.
  5. Act of Valor The Newest Member

:rolleyes:
  6. Nudia Augur

Sure hate to offend the flagrant offenders.
  7. Tappin Augur

Go ahead and ban the gold farmers, but leave the box assist people alone.
    Creative Sparks and Fenthen like this.
  8. Slasher Augur

report them and move on. You're just risking your own account training them.
  9. Tappin Augur

I don't agree with training someone, but being a jerk to someone who is using a video game as secondary source of income?

Most real groups can handle 6 - 12 mobs constantly in camp. If he is letting his automation pull the mobs, he is bound to pull from your camp and kill himself. That's not your fault - it's his.

If he is being mindful of others, just leave him alone. If he is being an AH, but not afk, then just report him. If enough people complain an GM will come.

But there is no reason the purposely pull mobs over his camp and train him. In the end, it's not going to get you anywhere.
  10. Tappin Augur

I don't support anyone using the game for a secondary source of income. We all know that secondary RMT is huge potential legal risk for DP and shouldn't tolerated.

And let's not pretend that unrestrained using of box assist programs is good for the health of the game. However, all most players ask is, that rules are enforced consistently with all groups of players and that their is some human interaction that doesn't fell like a cold calculated robot.

While I am not suggesting that DP is purposely treating players differently, it does have that appearance. When someone who uses a box assist program for nothing but rolling missions with friends get suspended, while that 12 man KSing afk bot army monopolizes a spawn is still active.... it's just not a good appearance.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  11. Accendo Guest

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.