Old skeleton models when ?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Pizzanomicon, Apr 13, 2022.

1. Pizzanomicon Augur

Just say yes ok.

Don't forget about old wolf and elemental models and old spell effects as well.
    rangerous, Hirbow and Ponter like this.
  2. Ponter Elder

? I do have old skeleton models, unless you mean necro pets. Old wolf an elemental models would be sick though. Something about the new elemental models just doesn't do it for me. I want that lumpy turd looking elemental, dangit!
  3. Trox2010 Augur

Thought there was a way to enable pre-Luclin elemental models through the launcher (similar to pre-Luclin race models).
  4. Ponter Elder

There is indeed, but mine isn't checked for the new models and I definitely have the weird shuffling humanoid models, so who knows.
  5. Kahna Augur

So... enable it? It's an option in the luclin models settings.
    rangerous likes this.
  6. Zrender Augur

Maybe some setting not saving. I definitely have the old models on one of my old pcs with cheesy gfx card.
  7. Pizzanomicon Augur

Not for skeletons,wolves,elementals. They just don't exist on EQlive/tlps. The old spell effects are the wrong coordinates so it looks weird, but supposedly you can edit the files yourself but it's a huge pain.

You can re-enable elementals using files from p99 but that's about it.

You know maybe you can in the launcher options for elementals. I use a HD file so they look hella crispy.
  8. JustAnotherOpinion Augur

> Launch Pad
    > Advanced Tools
    > Click on the Horses & Elementals box
  9. Pumpernickel Lorekeeper

fun fact - if you use the current method to use the old spell effects the particles that used to originate from your character's hands now appear on the ground at some static loc (IIRC 0,0)
  10. internalprime8 Journeyman

Skip the whole checkbox nonsense and just add this line to your eqclient.ini file:
    UseLuclinElementals=FALSE
  11. Hirbow Augur

and while you're at it, why not old Troll beastlord croc models :D
    Eviara, Ponter and internalprime8 like this.
  12. Ponter Elder

I may do this, thanks. Maybe my settings just get reset when the game updates or something? IDK, I just know I've always got the dumb looking ones, though I do remember once having the old ones. It's been a minute since I logged in for anything.
  13. Trevalon Augur

not just old skeleton models but old zones too, or at least popular ones like Freeport

Prathun told us years ago it is possible to bring the old zones back, it just would take too much time that he didn't have to do it.

Well, its time Darkpaw, let's take the time and NEXT year's TLP can add old zones back...that would be a nice new "gimmick" to a server IMO.
  14. Ponter Elder

Oh man I thought that it was impossible, I didnt know it was just a time issue. New Freeport is garbage. I only tolerate new commonlands because it's got so many bears for their sexy sexy pelts.
  15. Pizzanomicon Augur

Yea it's really unfortunate. There IS A WAY TO FIX this, using the spell editor commonly used for EQEMU projects. I keep saying I'm going to do it , but I probably won't. It would be a nice addition to my HD textures compilation folder.
  16. Legends Elder

Is the old skeleton illusion available at all in game?
  17. Pizzanomicon Augur

Nope, people have literally said they'd pay over $10 for one and they still wouldn't do it. It's so confusing lmao.
  18. Corydon Augur

Let it be a lesson to all future game devs: Never change character and NPC model aesthetics. And also never ever "upgrade" city layout. EverQuest has shown that it's not beneficial but rather detrimental.

If you really want to update models do it like WoW did and stay true to the original theme. But my vote is on never change them because people get used to stuff and love the original flair they experienced when they played the game for the first time.

Tbh -- talking about getting used to stuff -- I got used to the new (Luclin) player models. But the elementals, spectres, skeletons and wolves all make me cringe. (Gladly I can opt for old elementals). I will never set a foot in Freeport again though.

;-)
  19. Ponter Elder

To be completely fair, I ALSO hate the new WoW models :p

There is something to be said for the seemingly unplanned nature of a lot of EQ cities. Sure, you had to kind of learn your way around, but when every single major city is a super convenient circle with districts nicely layed out, it gets kinda boring. And yet SOMEHOW whoever revamped Freeport managed to make it a giant steaming pile of turds with no redeeming qualities at all.
  20. Biohazerd Lorekeeper

Old specter models would be nice too.