Fixed Internally 3.5 minute zone times Sunday nights

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Svann2, Apr 10, 2022.

1. Svann2 The Magnificent

This cant be normal. Its taking almost 3.5 minutes to zone from Firiona Vi to Dreadlands. You must have something miswired on your zoning server. This has been happening every Sunday evening for weeks. And not just those 2 zones. Every zoning is taking way too long.

edit: and that time to zone turned out to be a pick with 4 people in it.
  2. Velisaris_MS Augur

It may be server specific issues. I'm not saying you're not experiencing horrible zone times on your server, but I'm on Drinal and hardly ever see extended zoning time. Maybe when I'm going into a zone with a really high population, it might take 30-40 seconds longer, but nothing where it takes minutes.

I didn't do much last night, but I zoned into ME, then into an instance to burn a lesson, and then back to the lobby and had no issue. This is with 3 accounts.
    Thundastruk and Bartleby like this.
  3. Warpeace Augur

It will be happening on FV @ 730 PM tonight.
  4. Nudia Augur

3.5 is generous. Last night, we were gathering in Dreadlands alongside you guys, and saw worse. Half of our first split crashed entirely zoning in, others took well in excess of 5 minutes. Moves in the raid tool took upwards of minutes. Mercs could not be suspended completely, requiring camping to get them to go away. Tells were delayed periods between 30 seconds and 2 or 3 minutes.

It has been bad on Sundays (and really prime time every evening, but especially Sundays) for a long time, but has been getting steadily worse over the last several months. It is deflating watching others just roll through the night as normal while we take an hour just to do 5 minutes of travel and setup. We have guests raid/alt-raid with us from other guilds/servers who never see this. I imagine every server sees lag at heavy use times, but some of the high-population servers are really struggling.

We are looking at shifting our raid times to at least slightly alleviate this, but that's ridiculous. Fix the servers. It would take one evening in Discord and accompanying a raid to see what we are talking about.

Putting out a product like this for this long with progressively worse performance and no end in sight is unacceptable.
    Unitystands, Demen, Emilari and 9 others like this.
  5. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

I have 3 different threads.. and one on bugs.. and I think they are all connected with players having issues. I think it is rude for customer support to not reply with on topic answers when I have clearly stated that others are having issues. I also think it is rude that I pm a developer in here about his reply stating it has something to do with San Diego and Cox.. (but others are not in San Diego or on Cox ) .. but doesn't follow up with me (US) what is happening.

To cut is short, we deserve answers on what is happening.
    I am in a number of Discord channels with players complaining on there raid lag lately.

I honestly respect the GM's and support and developers, but there is a lack here.

This needs to change.

It's not cool to ignore us.

I have lost out on so much raiding, dkp.. my game play has been effected majorly!

I have spent hundreds of dollars troubleshooting MY equipment on this exact topic.

We need an update.
    Unitystands, Emilari, Duder and 4 others like this.
  6. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

Thundastruk and Bartleby like this.
  7. Fenthen aka Rath

Welcome to what Firiona Vie has been like for the past several years.
    Unitystands, Thundastruk and Bartleby like this.
  8. Warpeace Augur

Not using Cox internet and I sure am not in California. But I do get stupid long zone times.

There was another thread they confirmed there was massive lag on FV and then nothing. Shocking I know 64 bit patcher did not fix it.
    Unitystands, Fenthen, Emilari and 3 others like this.
  9. Bigstomp Augur

It got way better after 'raid time' ended. I'm not sure what the prime time looks like on the instance server, but it is very horrible around normal raid time, like we're driving one of those ww1 tanks and after hours it feels like we're in an F1 car.
    Duder, Justyse, Emilari and 2 others like this.
  10. Nudia Augur

About as bad tonight as it was Sunday. We are skipping events over this because the ones we do are taking 2-3x longer overall between zoning, prep, and raid-keeping.
    Unitystands, Demen, Duder and 6 others like this.
  11. Bartleby Journeyman

We literally spent more time on Sunday zoning than we did actually raiding. That's not a joke. 2.5 hours in we had finished 2 raids. How many likes does this post need for us to get this fixed?

Go to the server room and physically look at the thing, I'm willing to bet it's been on fire the past for 3 years or so
    Unitystands, Duder, Thraine and 4 others like this.
  12. Thundastruk Elder

Can someone pleaseeeeeee look into Bristle server
    Unitystands, Bartleby, Duder and 5 others like this.
  13. Duder Augur

Unacceptable gameplay conditions. BB is not a functional server beyond 4:30pm any day of the week. Events do not function as designed, zone times exceed 5 minutes and often cause timeouts resulting in disconnects.
  14. Emilari UI Designer

I used to play on FV. Bristle lag is even worse than FV lag usually is lately.
    Bartleby, Duder, Thraine and 3 others like this.
  15. Soddan New Member

Bristlebane .........
  16. Ratalthor Developer

Things should improve in the next update.
    Svann2 likes this.
  17. Nudia Augur

Any particular detail available? This has been awful for a really long time and now it's just "fixed" with no information provided? I certainly hope it's better.

Can any portion of the fixes involved be placed via hotfix or is it pretty much what it is until the patch?
    Duder, Justyse and Emilari like this.
  18. Emilari UI Designer

I want to believe you, I really really do... but I don't. The only lag/crash related potential fix I see in the test patch notes is:

While this is awesome, especially if it works, it doesn't entirely address the issues being discussed in this thread, such as the rubber-banding on auras and mobs. Not to mention, the track record of things actually being fixed when its claimed they have been lately is wonky.
    Duder likes this.
  19. Emilari UI Designer

20. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

Well hell fire, save matches. Fk a duck and see what hatches!