Test Update 4/12/2022 - New Bugs Only

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Apr 12, 2022.

1. EQ Dev Developer

This thread is for new bugs and how to reproduce them only. Please keep all opinions, discussions, posts about balance, and anything else in the other thread. Patch notes and discussions thread
  2. Riou EQResource

Some Abilities that give you a massive amount of avoidance (such as the Monks Shaded Step ability which is a +700% boost to Dodge chance) no longer give you full avoidance in this Test Patch, they don't seem to work at all now

On live since RoF expansion they have given 100% avoidance chance the same as a Knights Deflect, Rangers Weapon Shield, or Warriors Fortitude
    Svann2, Sancus, Skuz and 5 others like this.
  3. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

Something has gone screwy with the spell specializations. My 87 Magician had specialized first in Evocation and second in Conjuration (before the patch), and the skills had been maxed for my level. This is what my spell skills look like now:

[IMG][IMG]

I also appear to be getting multiple specialization skill ups on a single spell, and not always multiple of the correct skill. I just cast an Evocation spell and got a skill up for both Evocation and Alteration.
  4. Paladin Augur

Server appears to be unstable.

I have crashed 4 times now trying to zone to PoK.
  5. Thunderkiks Augur

Tried this myself. Looks like its the strikethrough hits that make it past.
  6. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

I zoned and now my skills look like this:

[IMG]

I can't imagine this is working as intended.
    Svann2 and kizant like this.
  7. Paladin Augur

Server instability seems focused on PoK & Guild Lobby.
  8. Paladin Augur

Mercs / Blocked buffs seem to be seriously messed up.

Tried the Rat 23rd mission.

When the 1st 4 adds spawned I was shocked at how fast I died, considering they are Dk. Blue cons and I am raid geared.

So I checked and my (maxed) merc was, indeed on reactive, as she should be.

Then I checked and saw that my Merc was using Single and Group Heal over Time! (Hallowed Elixir & Elixir of Benevolence.)

I thought I had these spells blocked, so the Merc would not cast them.

Sure enough, my Blocked buffs were empty.

So, I added these spells back to my blocked heals, along with Promised Reclamation, to force my Merc to use direct / fast heals.

Once again into the fray.... and dead quick again!

I looked and sure enough, my Merc was still casting the single and group HoT's, which are 100% blocked.

Anyone else notice this?

UPDATE: Since the merc was casting Rank II spells, that was what I blocked. I changed it to blocking Rank I and that worked.
  9. Evilness Gnome warriors are the best warriors

Was Druid: Irae Faycite Shard: Winter's Wildbrume added? Didn't see it in the patch notes.
  10. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

My specialization skills seem to be staying put after zoning now. Not sure what the deal was with that.

Also, just because the patch notes do not make this clear, you need to surpass 50 below the cap for your current level for it to register your primary specialization, and 100 below for secondary. I presume 3/4/5 work the same way. I don't know if this is new behavior, but it was unexpected.

Ex: at 87, I had to get Specialize Evocation to 213 before it recognized that as my primary specialization, and then Specialize Conjuration to 163 for the secondary.
  11. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

12. Paladin Augur

23rd Anniversary: Risky Rat Rescue

23rd Anniversary: Whispers in the Dark

The MOB's in these missions are 100% over-tuned.

Even the 'weak' con a skulking phase spider (Risky Rat Rescue) have way too many hit points and hit as hard as 50K to a max mitigation raid geared Paladin.

Not to mention that MOB HP are borderline ridiculous.
    Hobitses likes this.
  13. Grotbogger New Member

Something in the latest patch corrupted my brothers beastlord. Every time you try logging in the first zone loading bar pops up instantly and then never loads the second loading bar. The zone he attempts to enter then crashes with everyone in it. I have tried all sorts of things to fix it including reinstalling EQ, but nothing lets him log in. I tried recreating the crashes on a near identical beastlord, but I was unable to.
  14. BlueberryWerewolf Augur

Just spent an hour skilling up my specializations on my Enchanter only to have them again all reset to 49 when I zoned.

E: Happened on three characters now. All spell specialization skills reset to 49 after zoning, but not every time I zone. Just randomly to make it interesting.
  15. kbreezy New Member

Permanent buffs in the song window are not fading on zoning- things like Battle Leap, but also the Crypt of Sul / PoHealth debuffs are not fading either
  16. kbreezy New Member

Gerald the Obnoxious spawned twice in the Ancient Denmother event
  17. kbreezy New Member

Can't hold right click on most effects in the song window to inspect
  18. niente Developer

Dodge abilities are fixed internally now (not on Test yet).

This is fixed internally (not on Test yet).

This is fixed internally (not on Test yet).

Additionally, changes are being made to Disarm and Pickpocket (not by me).

We will continue working on the zone crash issues.
    Svann2, Thunderkiks, Nniki and 6 others like this.
  19. Dailor Augur

Devs repeat after me, "Magic items are more important than we initially projected, so we will be keeping them in game. Please adjust your gameplay accordingly while you are level 1-10."
  20. Stormblossom Elder

Magic items serve very little purpose in the early game, players have learned how to get them quickly.

Disarm is fundamentally useless outside of a few instances that use it in scripts in its current form.

Pickpocket really should just be re-tooled to pull from a random cash/cashloot table and put a permanent debuff on the mob that prevents it being picked again before it dies or otherwise set some kind of internal cooldown to prevent major abuse. It would prevent rogues from peeling all the cash loot out of contested zones and penalizing other players simply by existing, and it would be easy to balance income rates if it were set on a table just for it the way forage/fishing work now. (No idea how hard it would be to actually code of course, but design philosophy wise it is simple.)

Change isn't always bad. Dead mechanics can be revived, bad ones can be revised, and useless ones can be discarded without fundamentally 'ruining' the game.