Yelinak Needs Something More.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Soulsiphon, Apr 12, 2022.

1. Soulsiphon Elder

We need something extra for Yelinak to make it worthwhile. We are tired of the same old clone TLP servers it is becoming mundane to most of us. Id suggest some of these Please Daybreak listen to your community and add something to spice up Yelinak.

1. Free Trade
    2. Bonus XP
    3. Random Chase Loot
    4. Decreased Lockout timers
    5. Change raid targets abilities/tactics to make us learn a new strategy to kill the boss.
    6. Increased Boss Loot.

Something, I don't care what it is, but please spice it up a bit to make it more attractive to bring players to it.
    Cloudous likes this.
  2. Iove Elder

I feel the same.

Vaniki seems most popular of the two incoming servers atm, i think Yelinak need some love too :) Vaniki not only have unique lvl lock system but also will have AA autogrand + GoD exp bonus but what about Yelinak? Dont think them will make another Mischief with free trade/random loot, but just free trade will be cool.

With faster expansions unlock for casuals will be hard to LVL and getting AA without any EXP bonuses also some popular exp spots will be always busy and i afraid many will leave this server as nothing special here (no free trade, no random loot, nothing). Maybe allow ppl exping in DZ? Dont see any reason why not, if all OW spots for exp busy group can just pop SolB DZ as expample and lvl there? If them run DZ too often there will be no loot at all, so its only good for those players who need exp badly, even without loot.

Or make it permanent exp bonus like it was on Selo?

I personally want classic server, but afraid it will be very low populated like Coirnav was :)
  3. Haldi Elder

Yeah I'd Honestly take increased xp over the free trade, that way Mischief can retain there population somewhat. But the same old song and dance is really becoming mundane like Soulsiphon said.
    Cloudous likes this.
  4. Zrender Augur

I was thinking that all loot is heirloom and keying/raid unlocks are account-wide would be nice changes. Server would still be standard except once you earn loot it's yours for alts and you only need to key once per account. Would seriously remove a lot of annoying repetition that isn't fun at all without really changing the server much. I don't like the first two on your list but I like the rest.
  5. Zinth Augur

well free trade would be nice... random chase loot (insert all those originally nerfed ones) mana stone, mana robe, mosscovered twig etc. leave em in permanently.

leave the foci effects ON and not bound to Luclin.

let Mischief keep the randolootcrappola.

have random raid bosses spawn in OW like Vulak stomping through WW, Yelinak in Wakening Lands, Nagafen and Vox both in Everfrost and Lavastorm (since they like to visit each other)

keep BOTH versions of sleepers tomb active on the AoC permanently on the server.

plenty stuff to make the server special and interesting.

also let Underfoot and The Burning Lands BOTH be 12 weeks. 8 weeks are NOT enough for those (old Phinny player here)
    Duder likes this.
  6. Typhus Elder

I vote for free trade, extra loot from bosses, and 50% increased xp on the server. Lift the bag restrictions so I can buy 10x 40 slot bags as well. That in my mind is the perfect server for a long sustainable community.
  7. Intercept Augur

Then play on Vaniki, one traditional tlp (yelinak) and one crazy one (vaniki)

Zero interest in a free trade server and perfectly fine with a traditional everquest tlp as is, there is a reason why people play this game after 24 years and consistency is a massive part of the equation.

Again, play on Vaniki or Mischief and leave the traditional tlp alone plz and ty
  8. HekkHekkHekk Augur

Something more you say??? :oops:
  9. Typhus Elder

Hekk I don't see pvp as one of the suggestions from the OP lol, but Id be fine with it, atleast it would give it more appeal. I think too many people will end up staying on Mischief unless DBG throws us some twists with these new servers. Mischief's Hype was insane compared to these new about to be flop TLPs
    Cloudous likes this.
  10. JustAnotherOpinion Augur

Are you going to tell us what your perfect server would be?
  11. Typhus Elder

You have had how many traditional TLPs? Hmm lets see way too many, time to move on you are not challenging yourself.
  12. Typhus Elder

Intercept here is some Insight to what you are searching for in your traditional TLP.
    Albert Einstein : “Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.”
  13. JustAnotherOpinion Augur

I have never played on a traditional TLP in my life. I maxed out a character on Mischief (quit in Velious), P99 Blue, P99 Green, and Everquest (2001-2004ish). Yelinak will be my home for quite awhile.
    Zrender likes this.
  14. Typhus Elder

Awhile as in after the race to 50 is over and you gathered 100 krono, you will leave id assume.
  15. JustAnotherOpinion Augur

No.
  16. Intercept Augur

I wouldn't keep playing Everquest if it wasn't Everquest, doubt I'm alone
  17. Intercept Augur

Everyone's Grandfather, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."
    Zrender and JustAnotherOpinion like this.
  18. Zrender Augur

EQ is a social game. The experience is never the same. For me at least. New guild, maybe new class and different leveling path. Different strategies mixed with tried and true to try to do it better. Most MMOs are really all a loop anyway where that rat that you barely killed at level 2 is now a level 65 rat that thrashes you. They may even use a ton of the same assets for mobs like the rat, maybe a slightly different tint. Besides, most of us are getting old and have probably forgotten the last server a year later so it's like a new experience again :p
    Razzle likes this.
  19. FadedshadeTLP Journeyman

I'll take relaxed boxing rules, over anything else, right off the bat. I enjoy having the ability to start groups easier and setup camps, but i see no reason that i need to run 3 machines and spend triple the power for it in these times. And i don't want to spend hundreds of dollars buying specialized software to bypass the Truebox codes and be a cheater for no good reason either.
    Cloudous, Zinfa and Zinth like this.
  20. sadre Augur

I have to take issue with the "You are not challenging yourself" angle.

For some of us, basic everquest one boxing is a gift. Every day is a gift!

My marrow is too low, or I would run with the big dogs. My younger brother was born with his heart outside his body. My parents feel blue.

Just keeping up at the basic level, is my daily victory. To remind everyone to be grateful for every day!
    Alikat and **Dragonslayer** like this.