Bristlebane raid night lag

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Robnie, Apr 12, 2022.

1. Robnie Augur

Is there anything being done about this?

Talking about 10 minute zone times, mobs taking 30 seconds to move 20 feet, 10 second spell lag.

This is almost every night for us that we raid. Can we get a dev to join our raids to see what's going on right now or something? Over the past few years there's been multiple announcements of efforts to reduce raid lag but it's worse this year than I can remember.

What's going on, can we get free server transfers or something at this point?

Bristlebane is about as useful as titssss on a catfish right now.
    Karador, Nukester, Legends and 54 others like this.
  2. Thundastruk Elder

Seriously is getting out of hand! :( come join us for a raid night and see it first hand~
    Syndr, Unitystands, Duder and 11 others like this.
  3. Bartleby Journeyman

Literally couldn't press my buttons tonight on Vampire.... Had Straight up freezes for close to a full minute. My system isn't the issue... I'm on Google Fiber... I will Twitch Stream on Sunday if one of you Dev's would like to come Watch or Log in and raid with us if you would like.. How is it possible that this has gotten worse every year with ZERO attention given to it
    Duder, Izzio, Randel Flag and 8 others like this.
  4. Nudia Augur

We are starting to have people not log in over this. You have lost subscriptions over this. You are going to keep losing more.

Fix this, it's making your game unplayable, and not just for the raiders.
    Unitystands, Duder, Izzio and 14 others like this.
  5. Thraine Augur

as some experts would say ... this lag sucks
    Duder, Izzio, Demen and 9 others like this.
  6. Krool Lorekeeper

Can someone please physically inspect the server hardware on the rack in the datacenter and see if there is a physical component malfunctioning or something???
    Duder, Izzio, Demen and 9 others like this.
  7. Justyse Journeyman

Came from another server to Bristlebane recently.. the server lag here is awful. Seriously, a dev needs to log on and actually experience zoning during normal raid times, this is ridiculous.
    Unitystands, Duder, Izzio and 11 others like this.
  8. Cornholio New Member

We pay for a service monthly.
    I think it is about time that we are provided this service without lag.
    Duder and Izzio like this.
  9. Bartleby Journeyman

Sunday night we actually spent more time zoning than raiding, We lost multiple people because they simply wouldn't deal with it.
    Duder, Izzio, Randel Flag and 7 others like this.
  10. Emilari UI Designer

This is ridiculous. I've played on "laggy" servers before, like Firiona Vie, and the lag Bristle is experiencing is unreal this year. Friends are saying Xegony, another typically laggy server, isn't experiencing anything like we are.

Please check on Bristle's hamster and make sure it's still well fed.
    Dyna, Unitystands, Duder and 9 others like this.
  11. Allayna Augur

Moved from Xegony to Bristlebane, the lag is atrocious here by comparison.

Lag is not a feature to prolong content, fix it.
    Duder, Izzio, Proximoe and 9 others like this.
  12. JaimeG316 New Member

The #1 issue facing EQ - is this lag. FULL STOP.
    Please look into this

Mobs that don't move
    Emotes that flag you as success only to follow up with a fail
    Having to drop raids due to guarantee failure of the emotes
    and the list goes on and on........
  13. Smokezz The Bane Crew

It's especially fun when 30 people crash zoning into Maiden's Eye.
  14. cilenne Augur

Not just raiders either. Plenty of group play lag. Several people complaining about wiping, etc. in groups.

(Not positive, but I think it's not limited to ToL zones either).
    Duder and Izzio like this.
  15. Lodestar The Undefeated

No product or service, that's customer facing, stands the test of time if the customer isn't prioritized. More server resources have to put into the higher population servers. It's 2022 now. What we're seeing here is entirely unacceptable. Get it together Daybreak.
    Duder, Izzio, Justyse and 2 others like this.
  16. Kehles New Member

Raids are fun. Ten-minute zone-in times plus fighting the lag while looking out for raid killing emotes... not so much.
    Justyse, Randel Flag and Gabrieles like this.
  17. Gearrwin Lorekeeper

Perhaps once the server merges happen in June you could spin up a new server and allow free transfers to it. Do it now if you happen to have spare hardware.
  18. Meckwell Reckless Ascension Recruiter

I personally would be happy with a bit of insight into what's going on. Just confirmation that the dev team fully appreciates the issues Bristlebane is facing and some communication into what the plan moving forward is. If the answer is, listen, EQ is old, your server is overpopulated, I get it, then how about rebalancing the servers a bit? Maybe serversplit BB? Some sort of discounted server transfer process maybe?
    Nukester, Duder, Justyse and 3 others like this.
  19. Act of Valor The Newest Member

I'm not experiencing lag myself but I agree that fixing it should be prioritized over anything else. What do you need to do for a game to be fun? It needs to be playable.
    Legends, Duder, Fenthen and 1 other person like this.
  20. Qimble Augur

Or just raid killing AOEs. Stonegrabbers on close the gate just deciding to stop moving while half way to where we want them tanked 4 attempts in a row is rough. Ditto for pli rubber banding the whole time between his 1st and second auras making it impossible to avoid getting HP capped.
    Duder, Svann2 and Randel Flag like this.