Test Update 4/12/2022 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Apr 12, 2022.

1. Go Take A Nap Augur

i remember having to use a magical weapon for werewolf npc and ghouls. but never for skeletons and certainly not decaying skeletons

I suppose they will have to add a level condition to it to fix noobie spawn points
  2. minimind The Village Idiot

The upper tier Gloomingdeep weapons are magical. (Bronze = no, Iron = no, Gloomingdeep Kobold = yes).

I think the weapon from the noob armor quests in home towns is magic as well.
  3. Tweakfour17 Augur

Works great, except TLP don't get gloomingdeep until GoD =)
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare, Herf and Skuz like this.
  4. Go Take A Nap Augur

most TLP starts dont have this noob armor quests and any available quests are not easily done at lvl 1. Avoiding decaying skeletons would be work around but they were some of the best to kill at those lvls/
    Herf and Tweakfour17 like this.
  5. Hamshire Augur

[IMG]
  6. Ishbu Augur

At no point did they say they were shortening the next expansion, they have only indicated they are lengthening the current one.
  7. Truetotheblue Augur

Not to mention selling Bonechips isn't a bad business early.
    Herf likes this.
  8. Soulbanshee Augur

Apparently from the screenshot, yeah.
  9. Hamshire Augur

This honestly shouldn't push with the patch unless another one is going to fix it before the next TLPs launch, a lot of the starter NPCs in Kunark are Skeletons and a lot of players are going to make melee in Kunark with the launch of Vaniki and this is going to turn into a massive amount of crying if its live.
  10. Tweakfour17 Augur

Yes. So lvl 1 skellies in paineel can't be hit by brand new players who won't have magical weapons.
  11. Maedhros High King

Man, it was fun doing TOL raids for a month where we could headshoot and assassinate the AkHevan trash mobs and make the raids somewhat bearable in length.
    I assume those mobs are going to have their HP totals reduced now to compensate? nope?
    Hobitses, Andarriel, Allayna and 2 others like this.
  12. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

Seems like they need an extra statement where anything under level 7 doesn't require magic. That keeps stuff like ghouls and willowisps but not newbie mobs.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare, Xhartor and Nniki like this.
  13. eqzekisdead Augur

booooooooooooooooooooo
    Dre., Andarriel and Hobitses like this.
  14. Rizzin Elder

Yippy Skippy: "- Necromancer - Chaotic Power X (used by Proclamation for Blood) now has no maximum level cap on its effectiveness and is slightly more powerful."
  15. Paladin Augur

RE:

- Altered the statistics on swarm pets summoned by Vicious Rabbit, Flute of the Dead, Burned Rabbit Foot, Vander's Bane, Rune of Tallon (both items), Spiked Scale Whip, and Invested Spiked Scale Whip. These changes reduce the health and DPS of these swarm pets.

Why?

It's not like they has all that many HP to start with, much less a notable level of DPS!

Again, why?
  16. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

It would be greatly appreciated if the Dev team could communicate their intentions on things like this.

During Terror of Luclin beta, I noticed that all specialization skills had been increased to be equal. I asked in the beta forum what was the intention of Darkpaw. I received no response.

So, when it went live, I've assumed since then that the intention was to get rid of the idea that you had to pick specialization skills, with everyone granted them all equally. This did not seem a bad idea, as I assume most players really have no idea how it works and what to choose.

Now, four or more months later, with, again, no communication, we get this patch note. So, how long will this be before it is changed again. Darkpaw, no one but you (and I hope you do) has any idea what you want to do with specialization skills. We have no idea if this will be changed again in a few months. We have no idea what you want with specialization skills.
  17. Hekaton Augur

While you’re tinkering with attentive spirit for shaman can you move it to visionaries unity. It fits all the requirements and we only have one spell there right now as is
  18. Angahran Augur

Didn't see mention of the removal of "Stream Item Textures" from the Advanced Display Options window.
    Emilari likes this.
  19. kizant Augur

It depends on who was using them.
    Allayna and Sancus like this.
  20. Zalamyr Augur

Considering we're constantly told things can't be done because there's no enough time, y'all sure choose the weirdest things to spend time on. It's like the house is burning around you and you're like "I think I'm gonna go dust under the sofa."