Best path to acquire OMM: Staff of Forbidden Rites

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Windance, Apr 12, 2022.

1. Windance Augur

One of the "must haves" for any raiding druid or shaman is the OMM Staff of Forbidden Rites.

https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=85523

To get the staff you need to:

1: Complete 7x 'in era raids'
    2: Complete OMM: Naggy raid
    3: Complete OMM: Vox raid
    4: Either loot the drop off Vox or purchase from OMM for 63 brews ( which can now be purchased via overseer coins )

For years we've used the Solteris 1-7 raids to complete step 1. We did this over the weekend and spent way too long because we bugged event #3 (balance/splitters) and event #5 ( the one that despawns several times ) - See bug post for details.

That got me wondering what do folks usually do these days to flag a 'new' character to run the OMM raids?

I found this list of events on allakazam from 2011

It's been 10-15 years since I've done these raids and don't remember much except the Mansion events were a PITA
  2. Morigaine Elder

My personal preference is just use Discord Tower 1-7. Most of the mechanics can be ignored anymore.

If there is more than one of you, the event where you light the torches is easy enough. It might be a bit tricky just boxing solo.
    The second to last event with the alternating fire/frost is annoying but with a huge single shot,dps ability, you can just bypass the regen.
  3. Lianeb Augur

You only need to run 1 SoF tier 2 or higher raid, it doesn't require 7 unless you do solteris which requires all 7. I usually just clear the steam factory raids in SoF, but you only need 1.

If I remember correctly
  4. Lianeb Augur

5. Windance Augur

6. Cadira Augur

I always did tower of discord 1 through 5 and then tower of discord hard mode 1 and 2. 7 raids and you're flagged for omm raid participation and half flagged to see rez stick.

You actually DO NOT need to do omm naggy raid to see the rez stick on vendor. Only vox. The requested of the vox raid HAS to have done naggy, though. No one else.

Now that I've become very experienced with solteris raids, that would be my go to for initial flagging, but if you don't know how to avoid the current buggy mechanics of doing it at lvl 120, I'd say go with tower of discord or what others have suggested.
    Szilent likes this.
  7. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I don't think you need to do any of them on hard mode. A normal discord-tower clear should do the trick.
  8. Cadira Augur

You absolutely do not. But event 6 requires certain classes and you can just get around it by doing event 1 and 2 again on hard mode if that's easier for the individual(s).
    Szilent and Jumbur like this.
  9. Decease New Member

tried to do vox with 6 people all mages, was still pretty hhard and died a bunch, is there different make up or strategy to complete it? or i need more people?
  10. Cadira Augur

I always tried to snag 12 people for it, seemed to be a good number. One of them picked enchanter to take care of pesky priests and too many adds in general. Necros are second best for pets of course but def keep maxing out your mages first.
  11. Windance Augur

We generally go with just spawning pets and throwing them in and praying they don't all get feared at the same time. mages > necros > other classes that can buff pets.

You clear out the trash up to vox. Pull the terror tentacles in her room / hallway then spam /pet back off until vox leashes.

It takes a while to finish off the big room pull so after every thing is clear we med up, get all the pets buffed, weapons, etc.

Then we wait a couple minutes for the tentacles to respawn so we don't get them mid vox fight.

After that its just spam pets. If you ever see someone's name on target of target then back up and hope she doesn't leash.

Usually takes us 2-3 attempts to get vox down. ~60-90 min depending on how the leashing goes.

If someone else has a better method I'd love to hear it.
  12. Flatchy Court Jester

Cant you just do Overseer and go buy beers from that merchant up by POK library to go buy the Staff of Forbidden rights? Its 63 beers from OMM.
  13. Spacemonkey555 Augur

You can't see items on the merchant until you've unlocked them, no matter how many brews you have.
    Fenthen likes this.
  14. Galamann Journeyman

I find crystallos to be the fastest for unlocking those raids. Unlike tower of discord, none of the raids have timer mechanics.

Edit: damn autocorrect.
    Celephane, Schadenfreude and Cadira like this.