Feature Request [Crowd Pleaser] Baz Search Filter for Collectibles

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Deux, Apr 12, 2022.

1. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

For the Bazaar search window, can we get filter to screen out the collectible results that we already own? That would be SO BLOODY NICE

Thank you!
    Thunderkiks, RPoo, Nenton and 12 others like this.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I heartily agree with this so long as it is a filter we can turn on or off. I have a ton of alts that I need collects for but I only use my main to search so I need to be able to see stuff I already have too.
    Deux and Nennius like this.
  3. Act of Valor The Newest Member

This would be an awesome addition.
    Deux likes this.
  4. Soulbanshee Augur

I believe dev's have already stated that a wholesale search like this is too expensive of a database query and so is not able to be implemented.
  5. Tatanka Joe Schmo

Yep, but they ignore the idea of at least being able to filter by expac for collects. That would at least get rid of most of the chaff.

At any rate, this would have been an awesome idea years ago. Now, since Overseer, I haven't looked for collects in the Bazaar in 2 years now. Need one? Do some quests, get the collect. Problem solved ;)
  6. Slasher Augur

I would like them to limit the results for the same items also so when you search for an item you dont get 15 of the same item just give us 5 of each going by lowest price
    Deux likes this.
  7. Windance Augur

They could implement the filtering client side instead of server side.
    Fenthen and Deux like this.
  8. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

The ability to click a linked item, or a collection UI item and do a search for that one would be nice.
    Windance and Deux like this.
  9. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

or filter to go by expansion be cool.
    Deux likes this.
  10. Fenthen aka Rath

Control+Shift+Click a link, and it auto-searches the bazaar.
    CrazyLarth and Nennius like this.
  11. Bigstomp Augur

Collects doesn't seem like a crazy query.
    We can search for items by name. I could be wrong but free flow text without a filter vs a filter of must be a collect seems like it should be more efficient.
  12. Windance Augur

Here are some napkin style ballpark numbers.

There are 16672 items in the bazaar on bertox right night.

You can currently filter items by item name, trader, slot, stat, race, class, type, level (min-max), price (min-max), and augment which means there are roughly ~ 12 things.

I don't know how many collects there are but going to ball park it at ~ 10x expansions x 8 zones each x 4 sets of collects x 8 collects for each set ~ 2560 collects.

Depending on how the data is stored and filtering is implemented I could see why they wouldn't want to implement anything that would put more load on the servers.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  13. Tatanka Joe Schmo

@Windance - I believe the current # is 2384, so pretty good guess!

Another solution which would work, and not just for collects: A shopping list. User defined text file, and it will filter for those items

Another thing which would help: Keep collects in a set with some common string in their names, so you can search for an entire set with one string. Some sets already do this
    CrazyLarth likes this.
  14. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

good to know... now if only the lists of collection items in achievements were item links...
    Tatanka likes this.
  15. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Client side filtering for bazaar queries should provide a suitable solution, the problem with it being server side is the server can get bogged down by queries that involve enormous lists.

Probably any server side solution would actually have to at a minimum require expansion filters prior to a search just to reduce the processing load on searching the full list.
  16. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

The problem with client side searches is that all of the items available for sale in the Bazaar as well as listed in the Barter window and all associated information about them would have to be available on the client side upon opening the windows. That would have a very noticeable performance hit on loading either window as well as when the update button is pressed. So the client will now be slower and take up considerably more memory, and the server will have to send all of this information out to everyone who is accessing the bazaar, every time they open or update the window.