Paladin Box

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Anthrax, Apr 11, 2022.

1. JustAnotherOpinion Augur

I narrowed my choices down to sixteen classes. :( I don't think that my final decision will come until I'm at the character select screen. :( One more sad face to really emphasize my indecisiveness. :(
    Overcast451 likes this.
  2. Rhaz New Member

Pally + Druid is actually pretty decent, especially if you have animals that can be charmed. The druid eventually becomes DPS with backup heals in later expansions since you'll be able to handle most of the healing yourself

You get heals, rez, d shield, nukes, root CC, harmony+pacify, stuns, run speed, and ports with that combo. Just buy haste pots from your local alchemist and all you lack is slow. ATK debuffs help mitigate loss of slow a bit.
  3. Alikat Lorekeeper

I duo'd to 60 as paladin/bard on aradune, it worked surprisingly well for leveling, we held down camps I would have expected to need a full group to do with just two of us.
  4. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Shaman long term.

Druid short term if you don't want to charm.

Chanter short term for easy street.
  5. TLP Addict Augur

Shaman probably the most synergy, slows, buffs, heals.

I see a surprising amount of Paladins running Druid boxes, heals, snare, dps, ports, atk debuffs

Bard also a solid choice for a low effort box, can create melodies for various situations, song set ups and they basically become a one button buff bot or dps.
  6. Omani Journeyman

I am going to go with Pally, necro, shaman. Some times i just like to run one box when i exp, i will just play the necro and park the other two.
  7. Anthrax New Member

Lol yeah whatever!! I actually chuckled at this. But it's an old earthlink chatroom holdover. We put an expression after each sentance to express our attitudes.

Back in the early days of the interwebs and also 25 years younger lol
  8. Fhiele Augur

Necro can slow undead though. That's a ton of synergy.
  9. Umul Augur

Shamans can slow everything, and they make the pally better in all situations.

I play a lot of necro and i would 10000% go pally/shammy.
  10. Wulfhere Augur

A paladin doesn't need help (eventually) killing mobs. I've boxed a Druid since ages past for tracking and ports (think Hunter achievements). I also like Bard because ... bards are cool, and well tracking and selo's. The rest is cold pints of ale.

A shaman is the strongest combat class to pair with any, melee, class (easy answer).
  11. Arclyte Augur

double paladin

be a true believer
  12. Xhartor Augur

Necro get undead only slow at 38 that is on par with Turgur in the Luclin expansion. As a Paladin I would assume he is planning on targeting undead content. If he is playing on Vanki this would available.
  13. Zinth Augur

necro gnome...
    they hold up very well both can solo and necro pets can tank later on and shammy slows/heals help with that, else you have dot kiting and root rotting and of course buffs from the shammy which includes panther line for the pets that melee and so on and both their dot sets are VERY nice and of course 2 mercs later on if you so wish.
    JustAnotherOpinion likes this.
  14. Vlahkmaak Augur

If you don't do a lot of charming the chanter will not require as much attention as you think for a third box. I usually run a bard or utility as my third box. Bard is nice because I can set it to auto attk/assist and /melody anf then just pull to auto attk range in camp. When a mob comes in I reach to my left and slow on the shaman on that laptop and - to my right to click assist on my bard/and spell rotate and focus on placement with my warrior. I can quickly move my left hand to push shammy buttons and my right to hit bard buttons. I probably look like an Akheva while doing that. You could also use num pad USB inputs and move them closer to you main keyboard but I like my little rotation so I keep it.

You don't need to be god lvl boxer if you can spare the third account cost. You can place the chanter on the third box and set up an assist for spell dps/stuns/slows etc and then benefit from the extra buffs while you focus on the pally/shammy or pally/necro. Either way - if you're in between groups with an extra or a third box you can at least still do stuff and even get some extra cash for chanter buffs!
  15. Gladdius Journeyman

OK So shaman is the most powerful duo in a vacuum. But how does the 4/8/ cadence if early yelinak change it? Which one will label the fastest? And require the last amount of gearing for the most Benefits? My brain leads me to believe a naked mage or necro is better than a hair geared shaman as in classic Slow + 1 dot is like half a mana bar. And boxing is going to make doing a decent cannidance nearly impossible.
  16. Gladdius Journeyman

I mean just getting the epic 0.5 and max level and geared and raiding and prepping for kunark drop while still trying to remain employed is going to take sacrifices in my sleep schedule.
  17. JustAnotherOpinion Augur

I kind of like the idea of using a boxed character just for buffs/utility and quest kills. If I went Shaman and Necro, the two would rarely be in a group together unless they were hunting for quest items. A lot of groups would want the Necro, even if he was semi-afk, as long the Shammy was highly active out of group.
  18. Vlahkmaak Augur

You can set up a nice canni dance macro and just reach over and hit it - it will canni dance 3-4x per cycle. It gets a little repetitive. I usually set my shammy dance to a higher key so I don't have to reach as far to tap it (8-0) and it is quite effective. I have one that ends in a sit and another that ends in a stand depending on what I need the shaman to do right after - melee or med. Also, I usually use a slightly lower lvl dot with the slow and then a debuff instead of a higher tick dot for mana conservation and continuity of pulls.
  19. JustAnotherOpinion Augur

Can you post your Shaman macros or send them to me through a private message, please?
  20. Zinth Augur

well that stuff is easy, just think to yourself what do you want it to do... and you have 5 lines...

I want to assist and send pet and do stuff:
    /pause 5, /assist Bob
    /pet attack
    /pause #, /cast slow
    /cast cripple
    /sit

I want to canni:
    /pause #, /cast canni
    /pause #, /cast canni
    /pause #, /cast canni
    /pause #, /cast canni
    /sit

or you can make it with sits in between but then you need to click it more often, I am not too pedantic

I want to do damage:
    /pause #, /cast grp panther
    /pause #, /cast dot 1
    /pause #, /cast dot 2
    /pause #, /cast dot 3
    /sit

I want to buff:
    /pause #, /loadspellset buffs
    /pause #, /cast buff 1
    /pause #, /cast buff 2
    /pause #, /cast buff 3
    /loadspellset normal

all those are just quick examples, modify to your specific needs, change the pause # to a number that fits the spell casttime and your usual lag etc. all healing I do manually but sometimes (more late game) I set up a heal macro to just spamheal if needed, you can add/remove /sit and such as needed, if you use mount they are pointless and you can get another spellcast off so you could add malo to the debuff one and a 4th dot to the damage one and so on.