Devs: Please Enable "Relaxed True Box" on All TLPs in Omens+ Content

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Protocol, Apr 8, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Truetotheblue Augur

Oh right they can be monks.. well still. Gnome Zerkers. They have a lot of pent up rage.
  2. Gormgeous Elder

133 likes and counting?

Pretty obvious people want this. Hopefully it can be looked at as an option.
    **Dragonslayer** likes this.
  3. Brunlin Augur

I no longer play on the older TLPS, so this really doesn't affect me much. That being said, for those that do, this would be a very nice change for them. So I totally agree with Zaide.
    **Dragonslayer** likes this.
  4. **Dragonslayer** Lorekeeper

im 279 6ft 6 im not fat im big boned :)
    HekkHekkHekk likes this.
  5. Vicious EQ Elder

I don't box anymore, I used to but I'm almost allergic to it now. I'm just over it completely.

That being said, I'm not sure why so many of the "Truebox" aspects of the server TLPs are being repeated every single TLP when they are not enforced. Daybreak you have failed hilariously at enforcing the Truebox boxing element of the ruleset and anyone who is anyone that wants to box on a single PC is doing it anyway with no regard for these rules, and no action taken against them.

We've dealt with this for the last 6 servers and now you're telling us a "Relaxed Truebox" is possible? Why isn't this just the norm already if this has been possible all along?

I feel like Jeff Daniels character Harry in the movie Dumb and Dumber...

[IMG]
  6. HekkHekkHekk Augur

SpAgHeTtI cOdE
  7. Gormgeous Elder

I don't think they are dumb. I think there are specific people here that are anti box and are replying to many things just to try and swing sentiment.

It is entirely possible they aren't even playing past the point on TLPs that this would even impact them, but allowing easier boxing is such a sin they want to stamp it out even if it is separate but adjacent.

A little tin foil hattish, but the other option is that they are the ones who sell loot and allowing easier boxing devalues their effort? If I am the only one getting around truebox, it is more value to me to keep other boxers out.

EDIT: This isn't to say I think there are 0 people who are against true box being removed later in TLPs. There are probably a handful somewhere of the purists. I just think they are a infinitesimal portion of the player base.
    Tweakfour17 and Skuz like this.
  8. Vicious EQ Elder

There should be more enforcement against those that get around the Truebox code to run multiple clients per machine, or they should all be "Relaxed Truebox".

Anything less is a gift to the historically unpunished cheaters.
    HowDidIEndUpBackHere likes this.
  9. Protocol Dragon Defender

There are like three actual people in this thread opposed to relaxing true box in level 70+ content and those three are just arguing in bad faith to troll or to oppose the interests of people that they dislike. Responding to them is a waste of time. People who hate boxing are almost uniformly gone by Prophecy of Ro because by then it was a staple of live EQ and it’s been a staple of TLP on every server in those eras regardless of true box status. Relaxing the rules just means that people won’t have to use 3 computers anymore, and people who can’t afford or fit extra PCs in their space will have the opportunity to begin boxing on a small scale that will keep them playing which keeps their guilds raiding and keeps their server thriving.

No one opposing this is doing so in good faith.

Outside of them this is possibly the most liked thread anywhere on the EQ forums ever.
  10. Gormgeous Elder

Now if we can just make sure Accendo actually sees this and brings it up. Saw a few posts on Discord drawing his attention to it, but so far no direct response of acknowledgement.
  11. HowDidIEndUpBackHere Elder

12. Machen New Member

Actually, I have, and you can search posts of mine to see the documentation. Back 3-4 years ago primarily looking at Fippy vs Phinny, but I've kept tabs on Mangler, Selos, and Coirnav through that stretch as well. Also Ragefire as I was playing on it for some of the 70-75 stretch.

There aren't generally a lot of people who play past TBS and I've played with many if not most of them at one time or another.
  13. Digler Elder

Doing 'relaxed Truebox' would be welcome to every new server.

If doing it launch would be problematic because of the load on the servers, then open it up after 3 months.
    Gormgeous likes this.
  14. Tornat Augur

please do this , would sub another account for a year !
    Gormgeous likes this.
  15. Machen New Member

Nope.

Fippy was the only game in town for five years and the population tanked HARD during the 70's stretch.

People won't play content they don't like even if there isn't a better option. And for a lot of people, the 70's is content they don't like. It stretches too long, not enough aa, the worst/least enjoyable expansion in the entire lineup in PoR, a nothing expansion in DoN, there are a lot of reasons. But no server has made it through that era unscathed, Rizlona included. (We went from being high pop nearly 24/7 at oow to only high half the time in dodh.)
  16. Machen New Member

Please, tell me more about the typical person on Rizlona. Clearly you know more about them than I do.
  17. Gormgeous Elder

Endacer likes this.
  18. Tweakfour17 Augur

I know they use the "like" system in the bug forums, hopefully it shows the community's general opinion as well over here.
    Gormgeous likes this.
  19. Magician9001 Augur

I have eyes so i can see what mounts, hero's forge vanity armor and illusions people are using.
    I've been a bunch of guilds, so i know people aren't buying 40 slot bags on their 6th alt.

Very very few boxers buy any of this stuff on anything besides their main.

To pretend otherwise is just more cope.
  20. Tweakfour17 Augur

Have you played a truebox TLP past TBS?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.