Devs: Please Enable "Relaxed True Box" on All TLPs in Omens+ Content

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Protocol, Apr 8, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Galleyan Augur

I'd resub today if I could 2 box on a single machine on Mischief (I know it's not in OOW+ yet, just using it as an example cause it's now my favorite server of all time). Barring that, I'll continue enjoying my nice clean desk with one monitor and no laptops strewn about like a moron, and not spending money on EQ.
    NotImpressed and Zinth like this.
  2. Tweakfour17 Augur

Have you played a tlp past TBS?
  3. HekkHekkHekk Augur

Darkpaw doesnt't allow polling or voting. They don't care about input from their customers.
  4. Gormgeous Elder

Key part here is that they don't allow US to do voting or polling.

They would do it themselves if they wanted to and have before for voting locked TLPs right?
  5. Magician9001 Augur

The typical person on Aradune logs in 2 nights a week to raid for 3-4 hours and does very little XP at this point.

The typical person on Rizlona logs in 2 nights a week to raid with mains. Then raids another 2 nights to gear up boxes on old content. Then logs in a ton of time to knock out AAs/PL new boxes ect.

One server population is 4 times as active as the other. But doesn't get 4 times the activity on the meter or even 25% of the micro transactions

It's pure cope.
  6. sieger Augur

You have essentially no idea the level of comparative microtransactions or even real player activity, so it is fruitless to attempt to portray it as so.

The reality is for existing TLPs, using the in-game voting system as Melusine mentioned is a pretty good option. This actually used to be normal on TLPs--there were "issues" with the rulesets of Lockjaw and Ragefire back in 2015, the company decided to put the proposed changes to those rules to a vote. Not everyone was happy with the outcome, but that is actually always going to be true--no change, change1 or change2 etc will always have detractors, but the in-game voting system is a decent tool for ascertaining actual player desires.

Importantly in the eras in question, the people who simply post in these threads and never play in those eras, and are anti-boxing for philosophical reasons, won't have a voice as they don't actually play on the server. That is a fault of listening too loud to forum posters is many of them weigh in on things they actually have no direct impact on one way or another (for example, I don't play on Mischief either so should I get a say in how it is ran?)

I don't think it'd be a bad idea to even setup a vote with each new expansion lock after Omens to see if the server wants to move to Relaxed Truebox or etc, but I'm not sure if that is too labor intensive. A full length TLP has like a 5 year lifespan, so there's a good argument for periodically cycling back to the community for weigh-in. The community in year 3 of a TLP is not remotely the same people as in year 1.
    Skuz, Tweakfour17 and HekkHekkHekk like this.
  7. Tweakfour17 Augur

As long as the vote has some type of restriction like you must be >lvl 20 and have logged in once within the last month or something
    Last thing any of the older servers need is a bunch of new lvl 1 troll votes.
    Skuz likes this.
  8. HekkHekkHekk Augur

Blows my mind that darkpaw doesn't use simple polling at all for input. Instead they wait for the small crowd of forum users to blow up enough threads.
    Rcbauer and Tweakfour17 like this.
  9. sieger Augur

And it may be that the in-game voting tool is cumbersome/laborious to setup, but at least on the old Voting TLPs, there was always a minimum level to vote. It may have even been indexed to the max level, because I remember it had to be 50+ for expansion unlock votes on RF/LJ at one point.
    Skuz likes this.
  10. HowDidIEndUpBackHere Elder

Truebox is a joke.

Almost every TLP I have played on, even on Rizlona, almost all guild recruitment messages are specifically targeting "mains only". They don't want boxes and alts in the raids. The thought of "zomgomgozgmz box armies cause raids to be zerged" is hardly the norm.

The idea that a player who wants to box needs to buy cheap laptops is a joke.

The truebox system widens the gap between people who are running huge box armies 24/7 plat farming and your normal player because it diminishes any competition from the majority of players.

CaptainKrono will get around the truebox system 100% of the time regardless of the server being a "truebox" ruleset. CaptainKrono has been doing it over and over again and even if they lose a full group here and there the income CaptainKrono generates easily outweighs his losses. CaptainKrono buys up krono and RMTs the krono.

Tyrome dreams of the day he has a healer and dps helping his crappy bard progress.

Jane wishes she could box a druid to port her mage around.

D ick is a true champion and boxes 12 characters on 12 laptops. D ick doesn't use the tools CaptainKrono uses. D ick mainly keeps to himself and most people don't realize D ick is even part of the community. You can sometimes find all 12 characters dead in because D ick lacks experience boxing with his archaic setup. But, D ick is no rule-breaker.

As you can see here, Tyrome, D ick, and Jane are the only people negatively impacted. CaptainKrono is riding high.

Edit: Had to update a name.
    Balthazar and NotImpressed like this.
  11. Cideral Lorekeeper

I wonder how many of those opposing true box relaxation after omens actually are gone from a server at pop and ready for classic again? They would by definition never be affected anyway.
    Skuz, Zinfa and Tweakfour17 like this.
  12. SunDrake Augur

Agree w/ offering Relaxed True Box rules to existing TLPs.
  13. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

It takes a great deal of feedback to change the dev team minds on something like rulesets, they really hate changing them post-launch.
    I tried on several occasions to persuade them to switch Truebox off on older TLP, and got a fair amount fo support for that for Phinigel, then Selo asked for the same thing & I supported them in their request too - neither was changed.

So I don't hold out any hope the existing servers will get a ruleset change, but I am very grateful the devs are at least willing to try the idea out on the 2 new servers.

Selo XP on Mischief? If you had 1 month unlocks you could justify that maybe, Selo only got that high XP because of its fast unlock pace, mischief has close to the same unlock as Phinigel/Mangler had (12/8) your server will be fine with regular live XP in TSS.

Vaniki maybe needs selo XP given the speed of the unlocks will actually be faster than Selo they could maybe even have faster than selo XP, albeit the server will start with GoD XP at the least once it reaches TSS the XP should be at the 1.50 or whatever Selo had at its peak.
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  14. Truetotheblue Augur

15. Tweakfour17 Augur

This is true, but they've also shown a willingness to listen lately, they added AoC to live as well as retroactively added them to Miragul and Ragefire. They're talking about shifting expansion unlocks on Mischief/Thornblade, Aradune/Rizlona to not coincide with new TLP launches and they've developed a reasonable path away from Truebox going forward so it's not unreasonable to think they may finally listen and relax the older servers a bit also.
  16. Trox2010 Augur

They tried that; it's how we ended up with Miragul server and Woodelf Beastlords instead of Iskar Berserkers.
    Fabulous and Truetotheblue like this.
  17. Truetotheblue Augur

We still need Gnome Berserkers and Frogloks Monks. Devs #1 idea of 2022 here.
  18. **Dragonslayer** Journeyman

word, 6 pc's and a laptop i cant live without an ac, i kinda think you brought up a safety concern TBH Please think of our lives! EQ Lives Matter too soon?
  19. HekkHekkHekk Augur

someone tell this guy
  20. HekkHekkHekk Augur

you should probably drop some lbs if you can't live without ac, bappa.
    Fabulous likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.