Long Live Yelinak

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by rangerous, Apr 7, 2022.

1. rangerous Elder

Picked up the speed a bit during the usual classic to pop cycle which is nice.

What are other peoples thoughts on going to 12/8 weeks after Ldon?

Should this be 10/8 or keep everything at 8 weeks? Or is 12 weeks needed?

Cant wait to play with everyone rolling Yeli in May!
    Zinfa, Dragon Jockey and Hirbow like this.
  2. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

12/8 cadence after PoP is the standard TLP.

Next year maybe try a "halfway between selo & standard speed" TLP,

Like 8/6 cadence.

I think Yelinak shoulda gone with 8 weeks of PoP then 4 weeks of LDoN myself - the same overall length that opening the two together would have had.
    Overcast451 likes this.
  3. Haak Augur

This was likely motivated by money. If they opted for eight or ten weeks, during the PoP era where many players often quit shortly after, they'd lose out on a full month's worth of subs. By stretching it to twelve, they're more likely to get an extra month they wouldn't otherwise, before the exodus begins. Plus doing twelve means we'll be hitting GoD roughly around this time next year, so they are primed for the 2023 TLPs on a similar schedule. Which makes Yelinak interesting - it feels more like a bridge TLP than similar ones have in the past.
  4. Gnothappening Augur

I would like to see those two expacs stay at 12 weeks total, but launch together.
  5. Dragon Jockey Lorekeeper

Yelinak should be a lot of fun. I like the timeline they picked for expansions. Excited about the new server, and can't wait to jump in on May 25th.
    RandallTheBard likes this.
  6. Zinfa New Member

I suppose it just depends on your perspective. Yelinak as the first TLP with the relaxed approach to truebox at OoW may position itself to retain players a little better than usual.