TLP To Start On Before New TLPs Arrive?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Tevez, Apr 11, 2022.

1. Tevez Augur

Hi All,

Getting back into EQ after a bit of a break. It seems that the new TLPs are coming out in another month, but I wanted to play a bit and get some practice before they come out.

What is currently a good TLP to play on which would have people grouping at low levels?

Also which of the new servers would be better for a casual gamer who would only play ~6-8 hours a week?

Thanks
  2. Mescar Lorekeeper

Low level grouping. Maybe Agnar. You might find someone leveling up their 127th alt. You might catch some people on Mischief just trying out some different classes figureing out what they want to play this time. Other then that, good luck with grouping at low levels. As far as only 6-8 hours a week. I fear you will be left behind on both new servers. The pace for both, in the early game, is rather quick. If you are just looking to do the group game, I say Vaniki. The whole server will be level locked. So could be easier to get the groups.
  3. Xhartor Augur

I wouldn't expect to find low level players on any of the existing TLPs. It be easier to use Mangler or coirnav so you can hire a merc to play with at low levels.

If you can put together a few like minded people, then Agnarr is probably the best choice. It's content locked at PoP, so the exp rate is rough the same as the new TLP and you dont' have defiant all over the place. Krono price are also affordable.
  4. Newbie32 Deadbolt - Yelinak

The tutorial is unlocked on Aradune. You could try out several different classes to get a feel for what you may want to play. Like others have said, low level groups on most servers are going to be few and far between.
  5. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casualâ„¢

I vote Agnarr. Do NOT start on Mischief, as it will probably spoil you on loot availability, that even FV doesn't really have. But if you do, and you decide to stick around even after the new TLPs launch in a few weeks, welcome!
  6. Neuro Elder

If you want something to replicate starting on Vaniki, go with Mischief or Thornblade. Those are in GoD, so it'll be similar. If yoiu want to replicate Yelinak, go with Agnarr. You'll just have to realize a lot of stuff will be active that won't be on Yelinak, but it'll be as close as you can get.
  7. Tevez Augur

Thanks everyone for the info.

I ended up making a dark elf chanter on Mischief last night. Only level 3 but found a friendly ogre shaman who made their way over from Oggok to level with me in Nektulos.
  8. Tevez Augur

I had a look at the level/xpac unlock schedule for Vaniki & Yelinak. Van looks good for early levelling as it will have a lower max level than Yel for the first few months. After September it seems though Van's max level will shoot past Yel's, but either server seems like I will have plenty of time to get 60.

I've never really experienced much content beyond vanilla (even then I only dipped my toe into raiding). Which server would be easier to experience the vanilla & expansions content would you say? I will most likely be playing an enchanter. I really like their CC & charm pet play style (although it's not the most relaxed) and am always able to find groups. I've never done any of the epic quests and it would be awesome to get one done. I've heard that they can be quite difficult due to everyone wanting them and really long rare spawn timers.

With Van starting with PoP it will really make it easy getting around and there will be plenty of places to level. While I'm a big fan of Lguk I'm guessing it will be easier to find camps for loot & xp as so many more places will be available.

What's everyone's thoughts on how each of the new TLPs grouping & community will be like?
  9. Ariana Augur

If you're pretty new to anything beyond classic I'd go with Yelinak. Vaniki is going to be very fast paced and won't give much time to see the content. Vaniki experience for a newer player would be a lot like joining a live server with more groups available.
  10. Tevez Augur

Thanks, Yelinka may be the way to go then. Hopefully it'll have a decent sized population which will hang around for a while.
  11. Tevez Augur

I looked a bit into p99 but was a bit deterred by it because I read they install spyware onto your PC to track that you're trueboxing or something along those lines. Just feels a bit sus having that software on my computer.
  12. c313 Augur

with only 6-8 hours a week, you're probably better off playing on Mischief until the new TLP's arrive.

The only issue with Mischief is the randomized loot, and free trade will likely spoil you. But the early game is there, kind of desolate, but not as desolate as Agnarr. And with free trade/randomized loot you'll actually start out on Mischief plentyfully geared and make use of your extremely short 6-8 hour weekly sessions. Just make an announcement in OOC in the Bazaar you're a new returning player looking for newbie gear, there are plenty of people who will throw decent Lvl 1 loot your way.
  13. Pizzanomicon Augur

There is absolutely no malicious software on p99 lmao. If they want to know what processes you are running they absolutely DO NOT need malware/spyware/normal software etc to do it.

p99 files are literally just titanium install + spell file + server information file. That's it.

I think a lot of people have no clue how exposed your pc's information is when you're connected to someone else's server.