Strongest classes Vaniki assuming melee and spell tuning

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Zrender, Apr 10, 2022.

1. Zrender Augur

Assuming melee will also be tuned to hit much higher targets I feel like in the 40s there are going to be some big winners here. Examples off the top of my head are necros with slow at level 17 and pallies with their full stun package. Any of you big brains pondered this yet? Taking into account the gear that is theoretically attainable and spells that are available which classes will hold the titles? Best tank, dps, soloer, xp farmer, etc?
  2. Zinth Augur

necros already kited red cons all the time since classic
    Rebelicious and Fhiele like this.
  3. Roleplay Here Journeyman

Beastlord is the strongest class at level 40.
  4. Zrender Augur

Curious what makes you think that? I feel like the only slow they have at that point is pretty meh and I'm not feeling what else would prop them up. What do you think will make them the strongest at 40 on Vaniki?
  5. Zrender Augur

Yeah, was thinking that with slow they won't even need to kite, can probably face tank the same stuff (assuming undead).
  6. lumdaen New Member

bard can solo red cons naked at 40
  7. Zrender Augur

I'm assuming you mean reverse charming?
  8. lumdaen New Member

dot kiting
  9. Zrender Augur

I thought that was removed when a mob is moving. Maybe there's something in GoD era I'm not aware of.
  10. Zinth Augur

facetanking never really been efficient even with slows... taps/tap over time are not as efficient as pure dps dots and you can kite 4-5 mobs at a time

the only reason necros don't kite is either:
    A. it summons so you face tank it (usually namers)
    B. it can't be feared, so you agro kite it, if it summons, see A.
    C. it is in a tight spot, so you root rot it.

Else it is by far the most efficient to agro kite it or fear kite it. what works best varies a little from zone to zone and expansion to expansion.
    Wulfhere and Rebelicious like this.
  11. lumdaen New Member

ae kiting was removed
  12. Zrender Augur

Ah, got it. Thought you were talking ae. Reverse charming is much faster but yeah bard can level naked if they want. Invis clicky is pretty op for bard but that can stay in pack :)
  13. Doezit Lorekeeper

Vs reds: (lower resists are gonna be fuunn)
    Beastlord: slow and pet tank with cheap mana pet heals
    Mage: malaise and chain earth pets
    Necro: how ever they want (THE soloer)
    Enchanter: Charm big mob, slaughter all smaller mobs
    Rebelicious likes this.
  14. Zrender Augur

Mostly agree. Not sure chain pets are still a thing for mages. Granted I only experimented with it a bit after the aggro changes but it didn't seem very effective anymore. New pet doesn't have time to get aggro and you take damage which equals downtime. Bst I think they'll get good on this server but I don't see how they will be great at 40. They're always good but I think at 40 they'll still be pretty meh. 50 unlock they'll get pretty good with the 50 slow a better pet and the little bst crack. We'll see though, a lot will depend on what weapons can be attained at these lower levels. So far I'm thinking necro will be the god tier because of their usual tricks plus the slow and other goodies they got with later exp spells they will have at start. Pallies are looking pretty good so far as top group tank based on a little pondering.
    Rebelicious likes this.
  15. Doezit Lorekeeper

The reason for malaise is to make the pet root last longer. If the pet is tanking and the mage is not nuking, aggro isn't a problem. The best targets for mages are lots of light blues with small nuke and sic the pet.. Numbers are good for exp. Mages can solo a few reds but it's not efficient.
    At 40 necros are the clear winners at solo. When 50 comes, the druids and wizards really compete with quad kiting but there are fewer places to do this.
    Zrender likes this.
  16. Zrender Augur

Makes sense. Will have to try it with earth. Used to work with whatever pet and on reds no prob but yeah earth could probably still do it with a little time to get aggro if it's rooted. Don't think it'll be as good as before but it's something.
  17. Vlahkmaak Augur

Solo is never as fast as face rolling mobs in a solid/decent group. I can quad kite all day on my necro but the XP is still meh compared to a tank/healer/utility/dps fast pull group. King XP will always be based on group synergy and not ability to solo.
    Rebelicious likes this.
  18. Roleplay Here Journeyman

It has ragefire exp rates. You'll level in no time. The thing you are going to want to do, is get gear. You want out of era gear for yourself and your guildmates, so you'll be wanting to kill group level things from out of era since I'm told that gear doesn't have required level anymore. So you'll want to be that level 40 guy with 7000 mana and 7000 health.
  19. MustardonWatermelon Elder

Aye. People making the posts above of "omg solo all the reds" are completely ignoring two things:

The group exp bonus is huge. If you are wanting to maximize your exp, you should be in a full group. The only time this is not true is if the area you are fighting in doesn't have enough spawns to keep up with your groups killing. Ie: if there is LOTS of downtime, exp can be slower.

The other thing to consider is while you do get a little more per kill for reds vs. yellows and dark blues, higher level mobs have more hit points.

Which means they take longer to kill and it's especially notable at lower levels. The additional damage required to kill them in almost every scenario means you should not be grinding reds for exp.

There may be some exceptions to this topic that are unique to certain points of Vaniki because it's level limited progression instead of expansion limited progression...(meaning you have access to later zones which may have better exp modifiers than the normally available ones, not to mention that hot zones will be a thing much earlier than normal) but other than that, it's definitely true.
    Rebelicious likes this.
  20. Zinth Augur

yeah except you will be lvl 40 in now time (exp is fast) then what? wanna mass kill light blues in a group or do you want to go punch those red ones for treasures?