Devs: Please Enable "Relaxed True Box" on All TLPs in Omens+ Content

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Protocol, Apr 8, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cideral Lorekeeper

I challenge the developers to do that one thing, where they formally log in each player's response on an issue
  2. Go Take A Nap Augur

Always that one guy, that cares to much... feels a bit grudgy in here bro. You wanna talk about it?
  3. Gormgeous Elder

Please don't get the thread locked for personal attacks.

I'd like the conversation to keep going. Changing the status quo can only be a good thing for the ghost towns TLPs turn into around OoW and beyond.

Though, maybe they like that churn?
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  4. Endacer Augur

Ya, Gormgeous has a point. It's only the one guy trying to speak out against it, the majority of everyone else posting all agrees, even people who posted they don't like the OP but still want this to happen. The one person speaking out against it is using baseless assumptions of peoples real lives, assuming they know who everyones forum accounts are related to, personal attacks, and comparing boxing to a completely unrelated subject just to try to bolster thier own obviously minority opinion. "People just don't like this idea." posted in the one forum movement for EQ i've seen with the most likes, most positive comments, and the most people in agreement, is laughable. The guy has already completely discredited himself. Add him to ignore, like I am, and let him rant to the wind while the rest of us try to get this thing we all know will help TLP longterm health to happen.
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  5. Machen New Member

People keep saying this but it really isn't true. There is contested open world content in omens that is required to get into the instanced raids. Same with dodh although not as much. More in PoR. Quite a bit in TSS. Quite a bit in SoF. A ton in SoD, Underfoot, House of Thule (although by these 3 the open world content is designed well enough that a whole lot of people can push through it at the same time for the most part.)

There are a handful of expansions along the way that are purely instanced... Or almost purely instanced. LDON, DON, TBS. But for the most part, you can't escape open world content completely until very, very late in progression.
  6. Brazy Augur

This exactly, it won't be an issue until it is.

Long Live Truebox. #DontChangeMyServer #SignedUpForTruebox #GoToRizlona
  7. Machen New Member

The flip side is that it's only an issue for 12 hours on an expansion launch. Rizlona has been doing just fine on all these expansions, with no truebox and high population. Turns out the people who just want to box and be left in peace get along with each other pretty well.
    Zinth likes this.
  8. HekkHekkHekk Augur

Boxers ruined aradune.
    Logulai and Brazy like this.
  9. Brazy Augur

There are a few desired open world targets it could be annoying for too.

People signed up for Truebox. It would be unwise to change an ongoing servers rule set, especially after people invested years of their time on a server which rule set was already agreed upon.

This is like the people on Agnarr stuck all over again.
    Clove and Sollix like this.
  10. Machen New Member

I'd agree with this IF there were any people actually still playing on those servers post TBS who wanted truebox to remain. I've yet to meet such a person on any of the TLP's I've played past TBS.
  11. Magician9001 Augur

Thornblade and Mischief are free trade randomize loot servers though. Stuff like KT and Yeli are still open world targets relevant to the end game.
  12. Sollix Journeyman

Dang, so you interviewed people from multiple servers who play TLPs past TBS. What a cool weird thing to do. Thank you for your service.
    HekkHekkHekk and Magician9001 like this.
  13. Sollix Journeyman

This. Don't change. Bad precedent going forward.
  14. Liren_Lockheart Melusine the Siren

You can simply put it to a vote dear developers. Pop an open poll onto each of the existing TLPs asking the population at large if they would like to move to Relaxed True Box rules at X expansion. Most of your player base does not read these forums. We can and should be democratic about it. But we shouldn't be locked into a ruleset because "that's what was announced at launch." How ludicrous. Things can change.

Melusine the Siren
    Mischief, Aradune, Selos, Lockjaw

Liren Lockheart
    Vulak'Aerr
    Faydark likes this.
  15. Logulai Journeyman

Boxing isn't a solution, the gameplay with boxing is horrible. You should be able to accomplish enough with mercenaries.
    Just enable mercenaries in GOD / OOW
    Balthazar likes this.
  16. Zinth Augur

RMT botters ruined Aradune.
    Boxers thrived on Rizlona...

See the difference? No? Then learn the difference...
    Skuz and Fluid like this.
  17. Tyranthraxus Grognard

Checking in from Mangler, I fully support the idea of relaxed true box from Omens onward retroactive to all TLP's. And for the record I do not enjoy boxing myself. But the gains in player retention would be fantastic for all TLP's. And to bring up another point, which I may have skimmed over somewhere before, Truebox burns a ^&*#load of extra electricity. Bad Daybreak for accelerating planetary destruction with your outdated and ineffective method of policing your house!
  18. ToVNeedsPicks New Member

I remember when Aradune/Rizlona came out one had a queue time of a very long time and the other didn't. That distinction paints a pretty clear picture of what the majority want.
  19. Trox2010 Augur

Wouldn't Aradune and Rizlona be your "choice servers"? They released at same time with same rule set only one was True Box and other was Boxing allowed. The population overwhelming chose Aradune over Rizlona to the point Rizlona became the refugee server for those from Aradune that wanted to avoid the massive queues and server stability issues of Aradune.

"Aradune Ruleset -
    Mangler Ruleset for XP Progression
    Agents of Change Enabled
    Pick Zones Enabled"

"Rizlona Ruleset -
    Mangler Ruleset for XP Progression
    Agents of Change Enabled
    Pick Zones Enabled"

Taken from: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/aradune-rizlona-launch-date-may-27.265570/
    ToVNeedsPicks likes this.
  20. Gormgeous Elder

And yet look at them now. Last I checked, they are on DoDH and Rizlona is still high 70% of the time and Aradune has hit high 10% over last 7 days. This says to me boxing is good for server longevity.
    Balthazar and Zinth like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.