map height filter

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Svann2, Apr 10, 2022.

1. Svann2 The Magnificent

Sometimes I want to just show the level Im on so I click on the map height filter. But due to uneven flooring sometimes the level Im on disappears too. Is there a way to avoid this? It seems like the lower level control doesnt go below zero. Is that true or am I just doing it wrong?
  2. Beimeith Lord of the Game

You need to adjust the values for the filter. What values you need to set depend on the zone, but it has started to become a standard for mapmakers to add recommended settings to their maps.
    Paladin likes this.
  3. Svann2 The Magnificent

Ok you got me to try something that seemed backward but it worked. I have been thinking I needed to make the low filter lower but actually raising it from 0 to 10 did the trick. Thanks :)
  4. Beimeith Lord of the Game

The low filter is how far (feet) below you the map will show. The high filter is how far above you the map will show. It is relative to your current Z-axis location, it is not an absolute value.

So, in an indoor place like a city, you probably want something 10 or less, in a big outdoor zone it might be 50 or 100 or whatever.
    Paladin likes this.