Devs: Please Enable "Relaxed True Box" on All TLPs in Omens+ Content

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Protocol, Apr 8, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kodachi Augur

There is no reason to have truebox enabled on any server past the point where open world content ceases to be relevant. Heck, make it a TLP unlock when they make it to a specific expansion so its broadcast way in advance.
    Joules_Bianchi, Skuz and Tweakfour17 like this.
  2. Tweakfour17 Augur

OoW was suggested because thats when the 2 new servers start to relax, I think most legacy TLP players wouldn't care if the retroactive relaxiation happened after OoW however.
  3. Checks&Balance New Member

This is a must! DPG let me pay you more money. I cannot be bothered to box on multiple PCs.
    Gormgeous likes this.
  4. Trident Elder

Fry_take_my<money.jpeg
    Gormgeous likes this.
  5. Hdizzle Augur

For the ultimate win:
    1. Relaxed truebox at OOW
    2. Disabled truebox at HoT
    That should be the standard moving forward for anything you all make beginning in Classic.
    Zinth and Joules_Bianchi like this.
  6. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Cosigned. Relaxed truebox would be awesome for longterm server health on existing TLP's like Coirnav, Mangler, Mischief, and Thornblade. The vocal minority against relaxing truebox are just nostalgia purists who won't make it to level 70+ eras anyway.
    Joules_Bianchi likes this.
  7. Xazier Elder

Too many Zaide fan boys in this chat all wanting to polish the knob.
    Magician9001 and ToVNeedsPicks like this.
  8. ToVNeedsPicks New Member

Would be a mistake to change a server ruleset mid server. People wanted Truebox let them have truebox. If you want the relaxed truebox go play on Yelinak or Vanilki. If you wanna multibox on one PC they even get a server Rizlona for you.
    Clove likes this.
  9. **Dragonslayer** Lorekeeper

all i know is i can't stand boxers they the devil
    Magician9001 likes this.
  10. TLP Addict Augur

The trolls coming out against this don't even play on a TLP past PoP. Enjoy your fresh TLPs where the kronolords with their box armies are coming whether you like it or not, those of us on older TLPs just want the ability to 2 or 3 box on one PC to continue being able to progress as the population declines.
    Bobbybick and Xyroff-cazic. like this.
  11. Malt New Member

Please enable this on TLP's, past and future.
    - True Box only punishes the people its supposed to help. The people who control content and cause problems have no issues boxing 12-24.
    - True Boxing is classist. You are saying if someone can afford multiple PC's, you are okay if they box. While people who can't afford multiple are stuck with one.
    - SoL/PoP/GoD is when live servers started seeing the trend towards lots of people boxing 2-3 characters instead of a few.
    - From a financial perspective, why limit people buying subs and krono and bags and.. and... and.. people want to give you money, let them.
  12. Patito New Member

Completely agree that a relaxed true box stance should be taken on TLP servers at some point, once player count drops enough. I'm on Mangler, and groups are hard to come by.
  13. Magician9001 Augur

Still about 100 less then the number of people that logged into Zek at the same time for PvP server. My god i knew boxing was unpopular, but i didn't realize more people wanted PvP then the removal of truebox.
    ToVNeedsPicks likes this.
  14. Tweakfour17 Augur

:rolleyes:
  15. Xilbuster Journeyman

This needs to happen.
    Joules_Bianchi likes this.
  16. Magician9001 Augur

Roll your eyes all you want. I'm not wrong.
  17. Glowerss Augur

I hate agreeing with Zaide just in principle.

But this should 100% be a thing for every current and future TLP. It should be retroactive.

Then once you've finally come to your senses about relaxing truebox, fix the insufferable 70s era and bingo bango things will be massively improved.
    Xyroff-cazic. and Joules_Bianchi like this.
  18. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

I agree, truebox is annoying. I have a bunch of computers so its fine I guess, but its annoying to have to log off one account just to log in another account for a buff. Aggravating. Plus, I highly prefer alt tabbing through screens to 3 box on my main PC then having a couple others on a pc on either side of me if I'm going to box 4-5 for some reason. Just suits my play style better. Having to reach over 6 feet to click a long heal when boxing is aggravating.

That said, i don't think changing it will change much of anything. Just means more people box later on, so while the paid accounts on the server will stay higher, the number of people actively playing won't change much. So I see this as a way to retain more subs is all.
  19. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

To be fair, it did, functionally. You couldn't play EQ in a window for several years. So there was no way to box on one PC unless you were cheating using a program that wasn't allowed (EQ windows) at the time. They changed a few years in, but it wasn't because they were fine with it, it had to do with their legal requirements as a windows compatible game, they had to allow minimizing the program.
  20. Forbick Journeyman

I decided to finally post on something worthy of posting on for once in my 20 + years of playing eq on and off. I agree with this post, please release truebox on all of the TLPS at a certain point!!
    Gormgeous likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.