Vaniki Suggestions

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Pappasalt, Apr 8, 2022.

1. Pappasalt Augur

I noticed we are in the phase of still ballparking the exact values of the servers and while that's happening I'd like to get my 2 cents in.

1. Increased loot. This is a must. After playing on Selo the half lockout was a minimal impact on the speed of the server. This server NEEDS to have increased loot double - triple if not more if no fv rules.

2. Selo or close to xp. I know that you get a lot of auto granted aa's but there are areas, especially mid eq, where keeping up will be quite rough for the more casual folk and I feel like this server is more about the 10 level minus than it is about "keeping up."

3. FV loot rules. I think with the speed of this server similar to Selo and with the above mention of loot issues to begin with I think this would be a huge thing for this server. With double to triple loot and FV loot rules it would greatly help the server with it's speed of release.

All I got for now. There are some other things but more opinionated than what I feel the above is purely needed for this server to thrive.
    Haeldar, wade_watts, Foaming and 6 others like this.
  2. Hekkthebank Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds

LOVE IT. TY PAPPI.
  3. Leifer Augur

- Single PC boxing allowed
    - Decreased AoC timers
  4. rangerous Elder

TRIPLE LOOT IF NOT MORE :D. You a mouse a single mischief cookie and this is forever now lol.
    Merika, Rebelicious and Hekkthebank like this.
  5. Celatus Augur

Plz not faster lock outs! More loot, i dont want to raid 5 times a week to get crap loot. Im to old for that!

FREE TRADE FV STYLE plz plz.

xp rates i dont really care about personally with such low lvl caps its not going to matter.
  6. Go Take A Nap Augur

I agree with most of this. Unless the intention is to confuse Vaniki with a casual server like they did Selos? It surely is NOT. This server will take a ton of no life play to keep up.Unless they pinata / FV rules. But i think that takes away from the spirit of the challenge progress here.

I could go for FV loot rules but Im over pinata loot ..... it really felt to easy this round. I like the challenge of attempting content early and do feel there needs to be some form of increased loot for this system to work. On the other hand, im not sure. EQ should be a grind. It is what made gearing up worth your time. Feels wayyy better to earn it.

In my mind that initial 4 weeks will be spent getting 40 and with relaxed level caps on quests/zones we will be seeing epics, quest armors, and planar gear farms. From there we might see a few dragons down and possibly inny/cazic. If fear is revamped(as it should) golems will be easy farm for epic parts and cool items. Maybe a few really low end velious encounters like Lodi and a few Luclin fights can be done after getting quest armor. All depends on how deep they allow our spells to land. With so many instances available gearing up could be really easy once you get over that initial hump.

Im excited to see for the first time casters being able to land spells on raid targets though. Normally you cant do much in classic aside from clearing trash , ports, or mana battery.
  7. Go Take A Nap Augur

I think exp rates will be fine, since its launching in GoD era.
  8. Go Take A Nap Augur

Add free trade and we have a deal!
    Vindaven likes this.
  9. Merika Journeyman

All raids with double loot and I'll be happy. Free trade is definitely nice but a lot to ask for I think and don't see it happening lol

Plus with free trade it'll end up being a dumping grounds into FV in a year and a half. The other free trade server that was with live ended up being a ghost town for years before merger
  10. Go Take A Nap Augur

The Free trade will really help the catch up crowd is all.I imagine all those summer vacation plans are gonna come with some nail biting lol. You can fall behind pretty quick!

Its gonna be a struggle bus for late comers too. Barrier to entry may be a big issue for longevity. But it might be refreshing as participation is increased in helping those players catch up, which builds a stronger community possibly?IDK. Could also go the other way, to much effort for the new player that we hear so much.

FV pinata style really felt a bit more disconnected than usual though, it was really fun at first but bit to easy to gear up and have little left to do between xpacs. Maybe with this type of fast unlock a toned down version would be just right.

Traditional servers i might get a piece a loot each week or two during progression. Its common to get 3+ GOOD pieces per week with Mischief ruleset. We always supplemented with side quest items or personal reward play on traditional servers to fill the gaps. Which was largely unneeded on Mischief, as whether you were working hard or hardly working raiders arrived at the end of the expansion mostly maxed out. Those with more play time were bored a lot.
  11. Pappasalt Augur

I feel like you're comparing the "loot pinata" of this server to mischief/thornblade when the content will come at you way way faster lol. 2 months or so of a ton of content at once...you will not be "loot pinata" anything lol.
  12. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I'd be happy with lockouts the same as they are usually, but an increase in the number of loots that drop from both raids and group NPCs/chests.
    internalprime8 and Zrender like this.
  13. Zrender Augur

Agree 100%. I think more loot needs to drop in raids in general and way more loot needs to drop in raids that meet the challenge requirements in the announcement (i.e. cazic at level 40 lock etc).
    internalprime8 likes this.
  14. internalprime8 Journeyman

Increased volume of loot on kills is the one thing I'd like to see added. You likely will still need to progress through the content to an extent before you can reasonably kill the next tier so it would be reasonable to have more loot drop on those kills in order to account for the timeline.
    Vindaven likes this.
  15. Jabnael New Member

+1 for free trade on Vaniki. Going to be hard enough to gear up underleveled.
    Vindaven and Brazy like this.
  16. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

Keep in mind that it should be Plane of Hate b at launch since it goes in with LDoN, so no old school Inny. But getting the PoH drops for epics will certainly be easier.
    Kalamir likes this.
  17. Brazy Augur

Agreed. I think changing both new servers to free trade would make them much more appealing.
    Jabnael and Vindaven like this.
  18. Pappasalt Augur

The more I think about it, I really think FV loot rules are needed on fast servers like this one. The increased loot is definitely needed...but I also kind of think the FV loot rules are as well because you just won't have time to farm certain pieces that could be tradeable.
    Jabnael and Vindaven like this.
  19. Zrender Augur

I like FV/Mischief loot, well I did until the novelty wore off, however, I think FV loot would somewhat defeat the purpose of Vaniki. Defeating a raid boss with FV loot could simply be down to a bunch of people spent their paycheck to get powerful poke sticks. It's just going through the motions with gear other people attained. Not a lot of challenge in that.
    Rebelicious likes this.
  20. Neuro Elder

More Loot isn't needed, nor Free Trade. If EQ had a "Bind on Equip" feature, I might agree, but for this first server, it adds nothing to the server.
    Zrender likes this.