EverQuest Producer's Letter April 2022

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Accendo, Apr 7, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Svann2 The Magnificent

2. Accendo Guest

Update regarding True Box: Both Vaniki and Yelinak will have Mangler-style True Box enabled at launch. When Yelinak unlocks Omens of War, we will enable Relaxed True Box. This means that you can have up to 3 clients per computer logged into the server at the same time. When Vaniki unlocks Prophecy of Ro, we will enable Relaxed True Box there. When each server reaches The Buried Sea, we will disable True Box on the server that has just reached The Buried Sea. This only applies to these servers and any other True Box / not True Box rules remain the same.
    RPoo, Hobitses, Overcast451 and 11 others like this.
  3. Rebelicious Augur

Smart~! Thank you Accendo whoop whoop! Nice stick, you must play a monk.
    Zrender likes this.
  4. brickz Augur

This is fantastic, thanks darkpaw
  5. HowDidIEndUpBackHere Elder

Sweet. Arbitrary time gating. I guess it isn't too bad having to play with a desk of laptops for a few months on Vaniki.
    Xanadas likes this.
  6. Tweakfour17 Augur

Please consider making this retroactive to the older TLPs. If we can discuss changing the expansion launch dates based on feedback, we should be able to discuss relaxing truebox at a certain point as well. :)
    Appren likes this.
  7. Ariana Augur

This is a step in the right direction, but feels a little bit arbitrary. Vaniki is going to have truebox enabled for 2 months? To what end? If 3 on one PC is acceptable in 2 months, why isn't it acceptable at launch? Just want to understand the thought process.
  8. Rogean Lorekeeper

This means Vaniki will be able to box up to 3 clients per PC only 2.5 months after the server opens.

On Aradune we still can't do that and we're coming up on 2 years since the server opened.

Should consider making those rules apply to all TLPs, past included.
    Gormgeous likes this.
  9. RABKkehhalla Elder

This.
    Brazy likes this.
  10. Rebelicious Augur

Most likely not to interfere with social grouping right out of the gate of server opening... in time, as players have leveled... the boxing restriction is relaxed.
  11. Ariana Augur

A lot of people on Vaniki are going to be 3-boxing once it hits relaxed status. I'd wager that for many, an initial period of actual truebox isn't going to stop them from 3-boxing at launch. If anything, this weird 2 month period is just going to put some eventual boxers behind the people who jump in at the start. If I end up there I sure won't be waiting to start boxing, I'll just use 3 PCs until that arbitrary period passes and I can turn off two of my computers.
  12. Z3R0 New Member

My one beef with Yelinak is that it's another 'traditional' TLP. We've had plenty of those, they all merge into live servers eventually. However: mischief/thornblade is the only free trade tlp we've ever had, and when they reach live there's no random loot server for them to go to. They'll jsut be merged and remain live. Could we just get Free Trade on yelinak(no random loot, etc) so that when it reaches live we'll have a TLP to merge into FV for the first time ever?
  13. mark Augur

truebox no thank you i guess il use 1 account and not box the other 5 and il play the classic i still have my lvl100 charecter and dident really like eq after pop.
    Go Take A Nap likes this.
  14. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Thank you, I can work with healer on laptop until then. Same comp will save me some cash later though. :)
  15. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

For me as someone who has pushed for a more nuanced approach to Truebox on TLP this is a very big deal and I think these two TLP will show the worth of this approach in those later expansions.
    Thanks to all the team for listening & giving this a chance.

I especially like that they added a "graduated" second step to the Truebox equation for these two TLP, that was a smart decision.
    Barton, Zinth, Appren and 1 other person like this.
  16. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

It's movement, as someone who pushed for this a lot I'm happy with this situation, it's actually a whole lot better than I expected.

Up to now this was just a theory, let's give the devs the chance to see it work in practice.
    Zinth likes this.
  17. Merika Journeyman

It's a good idea for Yelinak, I'll probably wait a couple months to start on Vaniki though if its truebox from the start
  18. Jabnael New Member

Vaniki needs free trade. The ruleset is an interesting idea for sure, not really looking forward to being stuck at 40 for an entire month, and then 50 for another month, but I could probably look past it if there were free trade. I'd rather see a 40 start and increase the cap by 5 every week (gives you something a little extra to do each week instead of wipe to targets repeatedly) until 60 then continue with the rest of the unlock schedule.
  19. Yarteb Elder

Actually, it's only 4 weeks at 40, 2 weeks at 50, then level 60. I enjoyed being spoiled with Christmas and Walmart loot also but Vaniki sounds like fun just as is.
  20. mark Augur

i am so upset about the truebox it just means the hackers botting will still have their bot armies and people like me who live in australia are being discriminated against because i raid in north american guilds then i play after the raids and eventually i cant find a group since everyone has gone to sleep, also australian guilds have very low numbers and fall apart after a few months on a new tlp.
    Gishmail and Xanadas like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.