EverQuest Producer's Letter April 2022

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Accendo, Apr 7, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hekkthebank Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds

Please Goddess JChan; Where's our PvP fun?
    FunRuiner69 likes this.
  2. Waring_McMarrin Augur

The reward is the same it is on every other TLP before you unlock the ability to gain AA. The only difference here is you are limited by level instead of expansion unlocks.
  3. Hekkthebank Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds

Pls respnd.
  4. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Any hints on the challenge rewards?
  5. Dragon Jockey Lorekeeper

I'm liking the new servers.

Any word on new bags for sale, to go with the new servers?
    Rebelicious likes this.
  6. Derd Augur

I think they responded pretty convincingly.
  7. Crabman Augur

I see talk of changing the dates. Please keep the launch dates what they are now. Launching right before memorial day has been perfect for the past 2 years and will be perfect again this year.
  8. code-zero Augur

Years ago the Devs very definitively stated that the way to get a PvP TLP was for Zek to have a population. Of course this was rejected by the PvP fans because it's not what they want.

I recall linking the AMA with Fires of Heaven where this answer was given. I'm not going to bother looking for that and linking again because the only result at the time was for the PvP fans to start trash talking and monkey dancing and laying out challenges. That was always funny to me since I was actually pretty good at PvP at one , not great but good, and I really doubt some of the big talkers being able to back up anything they said since I've probably PvP'd more recently than most of them :p
    Hobitses likes this.
  9. Hekkthebank Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds

Reported for harassment.
  10. Hekkthebank Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds

Fires of heaven is a cesspool of masogynists. Any relation to the forum is instantly discredited.
  11. code-zero Augur

Hobitses likes this.
  12. Cidran Augur

Very excited about Vaniki, sounds like a great concept! Can't wait to jump in:)
    Rebelicious and Skuz like this.
  13. Hekkthebank Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds

14. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

PvP is 3 letters.
  15. BigBlahformebro Apprentice

So the highest populated TLP server was Mischief because the ruleset was unique and fun, people really enjoyed their time there. Instead of making another version of this with upgrades, and a few twist. You decide the best idea would be to do another traditional TLP that has been done roughly 9 times before? You can tell daybreak really went down hill when Holly left, and the best that the new team could come up with is a "level" locked progression that opens at GoD? I mean why not just call the server trash instead of Vaniki? These servers will have the lowest ever population on a TLP and I'm willing to bet money against any Daybreak employee that wants to make a bet.
  16. slizzard New Member

This 1000%
  17. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

When the rumour of a GoD start TLP got posted by Vicious there was a lot of folks asking for a vanilla TLP, well, they got one.
    Rebelicious likes this.
  18. Roleplay Here Journeyman

Mitigation of the Mighty buffs and stats are applied to bosses so that they are no longer applied when it's 5 era years after the content was introduced. So, when level 40 is cap classic bosses hole, sky, vox, naggy, will not have mitigation of the mighty. And after the level cap reaches level 60, nothing will have it. Also, there will be very few spells that you have to find outside of PoK: LoY spells, and LDON spells until the level cap reaches 60. I wonder if the level required for armor has been removed, now that would be cool! You can choose to grind the first set of AA at level 55 cap (which isn't many) But they will all be auto-granted four weeks later and you will not have to grind the rest. You will be able to claim your mount, and bag from the start. Power leveling krono resellers will have trouble making any bank here. Mage multibox armies of level 40 mages will reign supreme at the start until the level cap goes up selling phinny, vox, and naggy loot from instances, as well as small raid guilds. The starting newbie armor quests might be useful getting a working set of armor in your newbie zone, as it will be in the game at launch.
  19. Yarteb Elder

Both servers sound ok, but I'm leaning toward Vaniki. It'll be fun.
    Skuz and Rebelicious like this.
  20. OMEGALORD New Member

Will there ever be a pvp tlp for those that want to relive the chaos of eq pvp through the expansions (years)?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.