They are Both Truebox

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by ClosedSource, Apr 7, 2022.

1. ClosedSource Lorekeeper

Don't even ask, know that both new servers are truebox and all new TLP's will be so until the end of time. There was one person interested in having a non truebox server and held a focus group about it and that person is now gone. Rizlona was the last ever.
    Dragon Jockey likes this.
  2. Arclyte Augur

Normal people win again
    rangerous, Nolrog and Alikat like this.
  3. rossman5k New Member

Truebox wasn't mentioned and that's a pretty important part of the ruleset to leave out. I'm guessing they won't be truebox. At this point daybreak is fully aware they don't have the resources to combat boxers on truebox servers and is tried of pretending they'll try. Also, while Rizlona wasn't massively popular at launch the population now is quite healthy and stable while Aradune has dropped off hard. Also, the next generation of popular boxing software we can't mention is no longer restricted to regular servers and there won't be any way to curb big box crews regardless of the ruleset.
    Xanadas and Merika like this.
  4. Trox2010 Augur

"Yelinak, a more traditional progression server similar to the rules for Mangler..." < from Producer Letter

"Mangler is a “True Box Server” like Coirnav." < from Mangler Progression Server FAQ page

So it was sort of mentioned just need to look at what Mangler's ruleset was.
    Dragon Jockey and rangerous like this.
  5. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I genuinely believe that Truebox does have a place on TLP in the Classic to PoP Era and that if it were used just during that era it is almost entirely a positive.

After that point it begins to lose any positive impact it has, eventually becoming a ball & chain that actively damages player-retention.

Lower population servers are harmfully impacted by Truebox to a greater degree than well populated ones.
    Rebelicious, Fluid, Nighthawk and 5 others like this.
  6. Xanadas Augur

Stop misquoting.

"Vaniki, a Level Locked Progression server, and Yelinak, a more traditional progression server similar to the rules for Mangler."
  7. Thewiz Augur

Yelinak will be truebox almost without a doubt. Vaniki's ruleset seems to leave room for a non-truebox discussion at least. I hope it will be.
    Rebelicious likes this.
  8. Trox2010 Augur

How was it misquoted? That was a direct quote from both the Producer's Letter and the Mangler FAQ. I guess I should have been more clear that it applies to Yelinak only, but had thought most people could easily figure that out since only mentioned Yelinak was mentioned in that quote. So guess that is my bad for having a little faith in people's intelligence.
  9. AngryKing Elder

Yeah I think its the exact opposite in that they will definitely both be truebox.

The fact that they didnt even mention it makes me believe that truebox will be an understood standard going forward to the point where it's no longer apart of the announcements. I'm no fan of it, but it is what it is.

Also the general release of that branch of software does nothing to get beyond the truebox code.
  10. Gormgeous Elder

I really hope you are wrong and both servers are not truebox. It'd be a shame.
    Rebelicious likes this.
  11. Truetotheblue Augur

Probably because the title of the thread is "both servers."

Also, I agree with Skuz. Truebox really should be removed at a certain stage. GoD / TSS wherever.. all of these servers have a huge drop off at some point. These forums can pull a 90 page thread about that. But giving them an opportunity to be stronger for the dedicated community that stays makes sense.

Personally, I think DoDH makes sense. Most of the content at this stage is instanced, the Krono farmers have migrated to the newer server, and a big chunk of the population has dwindled. The impact of having Truebox starts to move negatively at this stage.
  12. Overboard New Member

And, what does truebox server mean ?
  13. Yarteb Elder

Joy, anger, contentment, rage, depends on who you listen to... It means a maximum of 1 account (character) may be played at a time per pc (or box).
    Dragon Jockey likes this.
  14. Overboard New Member

Thanks, I feel content knowing that.
  15. mark Augur

if i was a botter i would love the server to be truebox less competition since average joe dosent want to use 3 or more pc but a boxing server means average joe can box lots and dosent need to by from the krono lords .
    Rebelicious likes this.
  16. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Truebox killed Miragul in my (& many other players) opinion.

I really hope Vaniki avoids that mistake and for Yelinak I hope they try the Truebox up to PoP & switch it off after approach just to see if it helps player-retention.
  17. Trox2010 Augur

Also agree that True Box should be dropped for all servers PoP/GoD; Yelinak would be a great server to test that new rule with imo.
    Rebelicious and Skuz like this.
  18. Yarteb Elder

By POP, do you mean when the level limit increases to 65?
  19. Trox2010 Augur

IF DPG insists on keeping Vaniki True Box and launch then when the level limit hits 65 that may be a good time to evaluate server population to see if True Box removal may be in order.
    Rebelicious and Skuz like this.
  20. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Yep, PoP unlock (Standard TLP) or Level 65 Unlock (LLP)

The other alternative for a Standard TLP would be to remove Truebox when the following year's TLP opens.
    Rasper Helpdesk likes this.