Where is the fun?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tissuepaper, Apr 2, 2022.

1. Tissuepaper New Member

EQ hasn't been fun for me in over two years. I keep trying to have fun. I keep hoping the disappointment will stop. It doesn't. I'm just disappointed and hurt at every turn in the game now.

I don't like how this game or these forums make me feel anymore. It's always "not good enough" in a constant rhythm of up and down like a sewing machine of "too bad!"

Just had to share.
    Imforfreedom and Sobmre like this.
  2. Sobmre Augur

i feel ya
  3. zleski Augur

The fun is in the company we keep.
    Vumad and Herf like this.
  4. Cronar Elder

What aspects of the game are driving your feelings on this?
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Let's Have Some Fun!

Even More Fun

Fun on the Run - 65

More Fun to Scare

;)

But all joking aside. Stay off the forums for a while. They are toxic.

Focus on what you enjoy in the game and do that.

Go ahead and do something to help out another player. I recently did some TA for a couple of the harder anniversary quests for mid level folks (no one over 115 was invited) . They might not can use the items for a few levels but at least they don't have to wait a year.
    zleski likes this.
  6. The real Sandaormo Augur

Find better game. Easy to say, hard to do.
  7. zleski Augur

Skuz likes this.
  8. KarmaKitty Augur

Are there parts of the game you have ignored ? Try catching up on old content, heroes or hunters.
    Perhaps a month of something else will help.

Just the other day, I found my main could molo "weak" mobs in the current expansion. I was not able to do that in the last three. Almost no XP, but I believe the weak ones can still drop rare loot. For me its another option. Probably should finish off baking and sell all the leftovers.
  9. Svann2 The Magnificent

People always say old content is easy, but Im having a hard time doing old school hunters. But its different and fun figuring out some tricks.
    Andarriel likes this.
  10. Sissruukk Rogue One

Some people like checkmarks, others don't.
  11. Nennius Curmudgeon

I usually X things. Checkmarks seem soo...last year :)

I am one who tries to cross off most achievements. But since I don't raid I am prevented from being too obsessive about it.

In any case, EQ is kind of what you make of it. I find lots of directions to go in-game. It isn't for everyone though and there are LOTS of other online diversions out there. When, and if, it really stops being fun for me I will do something else.
  12. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Norrathian slayer very tough achievement yet no reward! Not for the weak Moonslayer wasnt easy either :( If your doing Norrathian be very afraid of Jaggedpine Forest and South Karana.

Ps Oh yea dungeon Slayer achievement sucked too lol (LDoN)
  13. Corvo Accidental Puller of Dracoliche

Failing to derive enjoyment from hobbies is a classic symptom of depression. Make your mental health a priority and you might find yourself enjoying EQ again, or alternatively that you've outgrown it.
    Windance likes this.
  14. lagkills Slain by Fippy while guards stood and watched.

outside guild lobby.
  15. Nennius Curmudgeon

Shhh Some secrets should not be shared.
  16. Cicelee Augur

Sounds like you need to find a new hobby that makes you happy.
    Nennius likes this.
  17. Nennius Curmudgeon

A very good point. Everything isn't for everyone and really shouldn't be. There are many other games one can play online and off. For myself, when I get bored, I pick up my horn and practice a bit more, or take a walk, or... Lots of things a person can do in the short time we are alive.

I hope you (meaning the OP) find something that gives you happiness.
  18. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I find I have most fun when I'm working towards a goal, be that for me or someone else.

Had a lot of fun yesterday doing TBL missions to get a guildie the dijin mask. :) Time spent with friends is alway fun. :)

Also did some LDONs with just me, enjoyed that too, challenge to get it done before the request timer lol. :) ....little things, keep me amused.
  19. Burdi Augur

I tend myself to plan my play session with thing i want to do.
    There are many period where don’t play and do different things.
    It normal to have periods you don’t feel like playing EQ.
  20. uberkingkong Augur

I don't think he's for something thats "not for the weak"
    He wants to do fun content.

I think could be an issue too.
    Maybe he is thinking about the good ol days of EQ and how its not the same anymore.

Whether it be open raids, people looking for groups, player interaction, being able to help others whether it be casting SoW being part of a group, selling stuff, etc. There is a lot of self sufficiency in today's game.

The SoW 15 years ago is pretty much Level 111-120 Mage DS today. Always people looking for it. The ToV unlocking for Free to Play can't come soon enough! ToV unlock is going to be a big one.
    MasterMagnus likes this.