Not A Bug Drunkard's Stein

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by miitee, Apr 7, 2022.

1. miitee New Member

My druid, Rhaami, on the Xegony server, has done the bonus part of the stein quest several times and not gotten the stein.
    I have done this quest on several characters and had no problems, I redid it again on her today 2 times before finally coming here.
    The only thing I that I can think of as to why this is happening is because when she first tried it there was a player that came in and instead of waiting he did it at the same time as she did, he got his stein and left, but she didn't get hers.
    I went to the support site and the GM said i should come here as they are not able to confirm it being done. Please help me with this when you get some time.
  2. Moege Augur

more than 1 person can do it at the same time, have done it many times myself together with other people.

Either you have a stein somewhere, /itemoverflow /housing etc or you missed one of the phrases.
    Svann2 likes this.
  3. miitee New Member

removed and redid it because it was frozen and never showed in the thread even after about an hour
  4. Bernel Augur

Do you happen to have the log of the text when you tried it? There's a bit of text like "Galdorin Visigothe smiles at you." after each response if it is correct. Did you see that after each response?
    miitee likes this.
  5. miitee New Member

I have the logs, they show every line from her right after his, but there is no smile.
  6. miitee New Member

I checked everywhere, just went and checked again, she has plenty of inventory room, checked itemoverflow anyway, checked house, checked bank with find item.
    I did all of the song lines properly, 2 times today, I checked her logs to be sure.
  7. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

If your not getting the smile response then your lines are not correct.

So double check the punctuation and /say and other things - this usually happens on my new characters so I just started doing a cut and copy from allah script and put that in a social. Then key it right after he says it

And find would not check if its in your guild hall or alts house or bank
    Yinla and miitee like this.
  8. Bernel Augur

The other thing is to make sure you have the quest in the first place. You can't just go into the bar and repeat the lines. You have to have the task from Brasse in your quest journal in order get the stein. I think you can get Galdorin to start singing without the task, but he won't respond and you won't get the stein. I know this from experience because I made this mistake on one of my toons. I forgot to get Brasse's quest for him before heading over to the bar.
    Moege and miitee like this.
  9. miitee New Member

I did the same thing once too, forgot to get the quest first ... I did get the quest from Brasse in POK for her and it showed in her quest journal when I checked.
    I did check her lines in her log file several times, all were correct and said right after his.
    I was in the guild hall when i checked find item.
    I had punctuation correct, but I will try that copy/paste to be sure, after I get a bit of time to get the quest again and do the song again.
  10. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

can you screen shot your lines in the chat window?

Are you drunk? Not sure that one is really needed but my guys always are.:)

Is he targeted? Are you close to him?

Did you speak to him first?

See the thing is even if you already have done the quest and have the stein he will still give you the smile line if you repeat it again. I have done the quest years ago and here is a screen shot I took today showing he still will give you the smile response. So if your not seeing the smile response then he is not seeing your text or its wrong.

So I guess we can rule out wondering if you already have one somewhere.

[IMG]
    miitee likes this.
  11. miitee New Member

[Thu Apr 07 13:04:15 2022] You have been assigned the task 'Pub Crawl'.

[Thu Apr 07 13:11:29 2022] You say, 'Hail, Galdorin Visigothe'
    [Thu Apr 07 13:11:30 2022] Galdorin Visigothe says, 'Hello. Please pardon me, I have to entertain. It's hard to sing and talk at the same time.'
    [Thu Apr 07 13:13:16 2022] Galdorin Visigothe says, 'My stinky stein has rough dirty lips,'
    [Thu Apr 07 13:13:18 2022] You say, 'My stinky stein has rough dirty lips,'
    [Thu Apr 07 13:13:21 2022] Galdorin Visigothe says, 'but she loves a deep carouse.'
    [Thu Apr 07 13:13:23 2022] You say, 'but she loves a deep carouse.'
    [Thu Apr 07 13:13:26 2022] Galdorin Visigothe says, 'Beer or ale are her great trips.'
    [Thu Apr 07 13:13:28 2022] You say, 'Beer or ale are her great trips.'
    [Thu Apr 07 13:13:31 2022] Galdorin Visigothe says, 'No matter how many vows'
    [Thu Apr 07 13:13:33 2022] You say, 'No matter how many vows'
    [Thu Apr 07 13:13:36 2022] Galdorin Visigothe says, 'I make or break, my drinking glass'
    [Thu Apr 07 13:13:37 2022] You say, 'I make or break, my drinking glass'
    [Thu Apr 07 13:13:41 2022] Galdorin Visigothe says, 'reminds me of my lovely Brasse.'
    [Thu Apr 07 13:13:43 2022] You say, 'reminds me of my lovely Brasse.'

There was no smile
  12. Spacemonkey555 Augur

Drop invis and try again, that got me when doing some alts this week.
    Yinla and miitee like this.
  13. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Yeah he is not seeing your text - cause you def have it correct
    miitee likes this.
  14. miitee New Member

I LOVE you guys, players can be the best help!!!
    The quest was still on so i took her back, made sure no invis and he did the smiles and gave her the stein :)
    TY sooo much!!!
    CatsPaws, Moege, Yinla and 1 other person like this.
  15. Svann2 The Magnificent

delete. issue solved already
    :)
    Yinla likes this.