[Coirnav] lvl 101 Merc AA not purchaseable

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by SteamFox, Apr 7, 2022.

1. SteamFox Augur

Coirnav opened TBS yesterday, level increase to 105. Merc AA that require 101+ are not purchasable. They show as white and "can purchase" but buying them does nothing.
    Xhartor, Xyroff-cazic. and dentenks like this.
  2. Soulbanshee Augur

The downside of the limited display they have for AAs, you cannot see which expansion the merc AAs are tied to. Not all of them were available in level increase expansions, you have to wait until the non-level increase expansion unlocks even though you are at the requisite level.
    Gialana likes this.
  3. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

And the answer is.....

Wyre Wintermute likes this.
  4. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Bump - Mangler just opened The Darkened Sea expansion and we have this same issue.

I realize that Soulbanshee's post above is correct - technically these merc AA's are not available until Empires of Kunark. But the issue is that there is no indication in game of this at all. It lists the requirements to purchase as simply being of the proper level (which we are) and having the previous ranks purchased (which we do).

These AA's also turn white and show up when you filter by "Can Purchase" so they look like they shoud be purchasable in every visible way. We expected to be able to purchase them when TDS launched.

Suggested fix would be to either unlock these merc AA's with the release of TDS, or add a label in game indicating they are not available until EoK.

[IMG]
    Eviara and dentenks like this.
  5. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Adding the expansion name to the AA is done for many player AA so I'm not quite sure why they've never been added to the merc ones, other than in the live game it was simply never an issue and it was never deemed to have enough value to move it up to the "things to do list".

This only gained relevance on TLP servers and in fairness there are probably much fatter fish to fry for the devs.
  6. Velisaris_MS Augur

Yeah, they'd have to actually care enough about mercs to do something like that. I mean, look how many expansions it took to get new merc AA. And when was the last expansion we got new merc gear...TBL?
  7. Soulbanshee Augur

Class, etc, AAs use the "Category" for expansion, where merc AAs use it to display the class type the AAs apply to. If this were changed, players would be missing a different type of information, possibly raising questions why a particular merc class AA did not change the stats of another class (...potentially). Choose your poison, either way with the current display limitations to the AA system you would be missing a particular piece of information.
  8. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Valid point, but that then leads to asking how difficult/costly adding in another column for info so they don't both need to use just the one field would be.