Forum rules for 3rd party software discussion?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Benito, Apr 5, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Questionable posts could be edited by the moderator with: "Flagged for possible misinformation."
  2. Tappin Augur

And who determines what is misinformation? We don't need censorship. If DP did not actively upsets large portions of the player base, These threads would either not exist, or sink the button fast.
  3. Benito EQ player since 2001.

The "possible misinformation" flag would narrowly target posts where the information could adversely affect players' account status (i.e. blatant endorsements of cheat software).
  4. Tappin Augur

If it's truly misinformation, it will get buried in relevant information. There's no reason for active censorship on someone's opinion.
  5. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I don't support active censorship but I do support warnings so that players are not materially affected (i.e. suspended or banned) by misinformation or disinformation.

The pro-cheat crowd is literally waging total war on the forums. They are trying to take as many players, systems, and tactics down with them.
  6. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

7. Tappin Augur

What war? Some of those vary people who where against my support of 3rd party box assist programs are now complaining things were taken a bit to far. Does not sound like war to me. Let people vent and things will be back to normal in about week, assuming that they didn't take things to far.

If they did, it will end up in another gribbles.
    Fenthen likes this.
  8. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Total war is defined by the lack of restraint.

It's Scorched Earth tactics to tell people that cheats are acceptable through very dishonest messaging.

Of course, you are pro-cheat. I called you out for your obsession with grind xp and the possibility that you had some material benefit to that system (sell characters).
  9. Tappin Augur

I picked some of my battles unwisely on this forum in the past, but at least I tried to learn from my mistakes.

My guess is your not going to convince people who had a long term friend banned/suspended as warranted, while the toons who actively harass players either didn't get banned or have a set of fresh accounts.

my guess is this will blow over in about a week.
  10. Warpeace Augur

You would think the Forum Mod would be responsible for that and not just locking threads
    Fenthen likes this.
  11. Tygart Lorekeeper

At least you're one of the few here that defend no third party software use including GINA. GINA and Discord is a requirement for most raid forces. While I don't care, I find it amusing certain folks rally to get rid of multi-boxers yet advocate for programs like GINA that trivializes most content.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  12. Tucoh Augur

What we need is more rules to govern a bunch of 50 year old nerds rehashing 20 year old arguments.

[IMG]
  13. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

HEY! I'm much closer to 60 than 50. But you get a like for proper use of meme.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  14. Leerah Augur

Some people feel they are not being heard.
  15. Zilkress Journeyman

Big problem is forum accounts for new member are not tide to the actual age of the account. My tab says new member bit this account has been around since the 2000s. That being said there is a greater tie in for those with suspended accounts as they can't even log in for forum access which itself poses another problem. While you say the "New Accounts" are suspect you have just as much proof that they are as they are not hydra accounts. And whole I'm sure hydra accounts exist 1. It would be foolish to assume both side of the argument don't use this tactic. And 2. Should not detract from the legitimate feelings of a good portion of the player base. Honestly these forums have been incredibly toxic and from what I've seen it's been more so on the game purists side. I wish we could set aside our personal feelings for a sec to understand the other sides points objectively and talk to create solutions that would better the game we all love for the greatest amount of players.
  16. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Since accounts suspended in-game lose posting privileges (as least temporarily), isn't using new accounts circumventing Darkpaw's policies?

1. The overwhelmingly majority (99% of New Members) support cheats.

2. There are waging total war (for lack of a better term). They will do everything in their power for effect (illusion of mass protest) and evasion (circumvention of forum rules).
  17. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Honestly, you talk a lot about cheating and it just seems you’re trying to mask your own cheating.
  18. Benito EQ player since 2001.

Ah, Skrab with the reverse psychology.

Still trying to play the good cop/bad cop routine to quietly support cheat software?
  19. Zilkress Journeyman

I'm not masking anything merly pointing out holes in the logic your using. Even if an absurdly high percentage (Such as 50%) of so called "new members" are controlled by a handful of people posting that would still leave the remaining as being individual opinions on the topic. You feel under attack where as people posting may be in support of changes don't want you to change how you play individually.

As for circumventing even DPG says In order to file a petition you need to create a new account. So the circumventing argument is void especially because current action is taken on the account and not on the person or the IP address. I can respect your hard held opinions on sticking to the current EULA however most people using 3rd party programs may disagree with you and would like DPG to change their stance for mostly well thought out and reasonable reasons. Finally just because people are coming out of the wood work and haven't participated in ForumQuest before shouldn't be taken as a Declaration of War just because their views don't coincide with yours.

As for me I won't confirm or deny using any programs or following or breaking the EULA as my personal conduct isn't related to this discussion. My opinion has been made well known and at the end of the day I want a healthy game. If that is with bots so be it or without. But coming out with attempted personal attacks because you perceive someone as a cheater or supporting cheaters causes a breakdown in communication for reasonable discussion on the topic.
  20. Tappin Augur

I think people are just upset that either them or friends got suspended/banned, while those afk bot armies either have a fresh set of new accounts, or never got the suspension or banned. Cheating is cheating, but how would you feel if the group of players actively and knowingly harassing players, never seem to get a perma suspension or ban.

Even worse, the CS team (if there is even one), will not listen to you no matter what you say. If you got a suspension for 3rd party programs and you legitimately did not use any, your SoL.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.