Fixed Hotbars repositioning after zoning

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by ChiiChii, Mar 10, 2022.

1. ChiiChii Augur

I use the default UI. Cannot speak to your experience. Oddly, I'm able to slightly envision where the hotbars will land based on placement. Seems as if there is a certain value plugged in at an x y axis where if something is occupying a space, move it x pixels left/right/up/where tf.

As for fix, no idea since a dev has engaged I'm certain they are looking to reproduce or see evidence
  2. Arkatar New Member

I found a workaround and a clue as to what's happening.

Thing is, the Locked value of hotbars (and possibly chat windows, from other reports) isn't persisted to the UI file when changed. I checked, and locking the AA window changed the Locked value from 0 to 1, but doing so for my hotbars didn't change the values, they remained at 0.

If I edit the UI file and set Locked to 1, then the hotbars remain locked when zoning or logging in, but then unlocking them doesn't persist (i.e. same issue, opposite values).
    aiha, ArdMonk, Meeko and 1 other person like this.
  3. minimind The Village Idiot

I *just* noticed this on my own characters and only since the latest patch. It seems as though the hotbars I moved after the patch won't stay locked.
    aiha likes this.
  4. aiha Saryrn [Bertox]

Happening to me also, created a new hotkey bar after the patch and it won't stay locked. All my other hotkey bars are fine (haven't moved any of them). Default UI, windowed, UI file not read only.
  5. Angahran Augur

Could this issue be related to whatever was done to 'fix' the /copylayout command ?
    Joules_Bianchi likes this.
  6. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

On my accounts I use default UI but make changes. I depose all the camera "alt" commanfds as I never use them and make hotbars 1-0 open with ALT Numpad numbers and keep them all open on screen.

Since the update to the /copylayout command, 4 of the hotbars do not even pop up on a fresh character who has done /copylayout, then either camped or zoned.

Zero custom UI.

I just started on a new server and have to /copylayout each new character. Of 6 accounts, 2 of them so far have done this.

I suspect the "old" UI that's copied has some data that the new update clashes with as UIs that I have reset from scratch with no /copylayout have done this.
  7. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

Oh and many people in thread, but only a couple likes to top post. Like top post if you have issue/
  8. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

Never had this issue before until this patch with the /copylayout changes in patch notes.
  9. ArdMonk New Member

Same here guys. this issue is still happening for me on all 3 toons. I right click select lock , doesn't matter if i camp or zone when I come back the hotbars are now set to unlocked. Its really annoying during a raid when i accidentally move a hotbar out of position. I'm using default UI with 0 Mods
  10. Arkatar New Member

See my last post with a workaround, won't be annoying anymore. ;)
    ArdMonk likes this.
  11. Thren Lorekeeper

I use default in game UI, and am having same issue of hotbars unlocking. They unlock on zoning, getting a rez while still in zone and sometimes when I tab out to look up stuff on internet. I tried the workaround of manually setting values in file from locked=0 to locked=1 and this also did not fix it. guess its another thing ill have to remember now,, zone,, relock all hotbars, die, get rez, relock hotbars,, sheese stop fixing stuff that is not even broken.
  12. Arkatar New Member

The workaround requires you are logged out of the game when you edit the UI file. Also make extra sure you edit the right file, and within that file, the correct hotbar section (there's one per hotbar). You probably knew all that, but I'm also thinking of posterity writing this.
  13. Thren Lorekeeper

The workaround requires you are logged out of the game when you edit the UI file. Also make extra sure you edit the right file, and within that file, the correct hotbar section (there's one per hotbar). You probably knew all that, but I'm also thinking of posterity writing this.

I got this workaround fixed in my UI files,, still think this should just be fixed by Devs.. not everyone who plays this game is willing to delve into files and manually make changes in fear of making something really bad happen,, whether or not it would or wouldnt, this started after last patch , to fix resizing hotbar button issues with /copylayout command,,, so for the 4 people who were blind enough that needed that fix, now every player in game has to do a workaround in order to keep hotars locked, if they happen to need to move or alter one in game. Also we have only had one dev inquiry into this issue on this thread with ZERO response,, would like to see at least ,, hey thats how it is from now on, get used to it,, or will fix next patch,, something.
  14. Evilness Gnome warriors are the best warriors

I moved some hotbar positions around tonight, and I am now having the same issue with them not staying locked after zoning. Using the default UI.
  15. Ghost Of Fippy Augur

Bump, this is still an issue for all players.

If you happen to unlock one of your hotbars to reposition it after this latest patch, it will not stay locked if you zone or logout.
  16. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Well, not "all players" have this bug nor does "every player in game has to do a workaround in order to keep hotars locked, if they happen to need to move or alter one in game".

But as the blue print says, the bug has been confirmed which means they will now work on it and send out a fix to those of you who have this issue.

Using default UI here, none of my hot bars move or reposition nor do they unlock. And 2 of my characters on different accounts just had to zone over and over tons of times to get that quest "Haunting Laughter" done.

While that does not make any of you feel better I hope you all understand it will take time. There are other bugs in the game that are far worse and still have not been fixed or even confirmed
  17. Helles New Member

Having a similar issue. My Hotbars are fading fading slightly after I zone? I right-click > Window > Alpha > Normal Level/ Faded Level and change them from 75 to 100 and also do Options > Window transparency/Fade Transparency sliders to 100. After zoning, the hotbars are again faded to 75. They also will not remain locked
  18. Arkatar New Member

Out of curiosity, if you unlock one of them and move it, then zone, does the hotbar stay where you moved it or is it back where it originally was and locked again?
  19. Tygart Lorekeeper

For me, it's been like this for several weeks. I use the default UI and no customization.
  20. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

It stays in the new position. I have no idea why mine work as they are supposed to.